Has anyone skated before?

No I actually have no balance. Its a part of my broken ears thing.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
The feeling of gliding around on the ice provides an almost weightless experience, very satisfying.

Watch your ass though, it hurts to fall down.

Don't worry about people who say "Someone will skate over your hands!" I've only seen it happen once.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
then what happened?!?
The kid screamed like a banshee and tried to stand up, blood pissing everywhere.

The vomiters were worse though.
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
"
then what happened?!?

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
solwitch wrote:
So invited to go skating, date... I was wondering if it's the same as roller blades. I'm sort of terrified, falling and someone cutting me with their blade or worse slicing my fingers off.

Its been a long time, but the only real danger is landing on your butt a few times, and Make sure your skates are on tight and don't let your stance get out too wide. You'll l be fine.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Myself and a mate of mine used to ice skate twice a week for about 3 years so we were both reasonably decent. We both talked another mate to come and join us for his first skating experience. He was a beginner and skated slowly around the edge of the barrier and seemed to be enjoying the experience until we both buzzed in close once. He didn't need to change direction but he panicked as he didn't have the skills to stop.

He changed direction towards the barrier to stop himself but his knee cap hit first and dislocated. We were all about 13 yrs old and he screamed like a stuck pig. The entire arena stopped, the dj stopped the music and everyone just stared in disbelief. The ambulance arrived about 10 minutes later and whisked him off to hospital.

A few memories of the incident stuck with me. He was sedated and he described the experience as if he was buried and the only part of his body that was above ground was his knee. Also his mother was pissed at me because the doctors had to cut his new pair of jeans.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

sounds like the 13 year old friend was a bit on the dramatic side.
So, last night... Serious when I say it's my first time... First I was appalled have to wear smelly used skates. Oh yes I did, I asked for disinfectant!!! They go we don't have any sprays. My date laughed, thought I was joking but I was serious. So I'm at the edge of the skating ring and first thing I hear is the damn grind and swoosh of people's skates slicing the ice.

So trying to act like im the shit I get up and as soon as I let go of the wall BAM fall on my ass. My date is now just laughing hysterically. That fucking hurts!!! The cold sensation, interestingly enough my butt wasn't wet. Anyways terrified the whole time I skated near the wall. So sad when I see the damn kids acting like professionals. Little fuckers...

Anyways was a nice night...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
If any of thats true, im honestly surprised none of them punted you
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info