How do you approach someone woefully underpriced?

Several times in this game people way under-price their warez. Often times realizing it when they draw the obvious attention their low price brings. I could give an example but we've all been there when guy says its sold as he draws attention, nevertheless verified. My new strategy is come in high like I misread poe.trade and its proven successful

So for example say some chap has a 220ES glove with dual t2 resits listed at 5C - I say WTB so and so gloves for 50C you have listed at poe. Him thinking me the idiot releases warez.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 23, 2015, 6:21:16 PM
Ever thought maybe they want to do that? Maybe thats what they deem the item worth to sell for and theyre not greedy and need like 150 ex or whatever? Hell i gave stuff away for free and people were more grateful than the guy i blew.
If they wanted to they'd sell it instead of lie about being sold. Only way to deal with it is be a better liar. I have another account just for such occasion.

Leave your personal life at the door. I'm talking trade here..you know what makes poe go around
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 23, 2015, 6:39:33 PM
I think ur misusing the term 'warez'. anyway the expected price is rarely the right price. There is always a guy selling far cheaper than the rest of the crowd and that unexpected price, is the item's true value.

I got some gloves that probably should have been 2 exalt, for 3chaos. And the guy just laughed and said, "those aught to work for a while" He didn't give af.

me: Hi wtb xx item that youre selling for 10c listed price

them: price 30c now

me: mmk hf wasting peoples time gl (or just a simple lol gl) or better yet you dont even need to respond!

and move onto the next one. No post on the forum bitching about it. No post on the unofficial 2nd home forums aka reddit whining about it. Just move on.

IGN: Inshiterate
So this is art? Awful lousy way to make coin
Hate to mention leagues here, though in say that I ran into my first problem of someone listing an item for x price then saying they wanted more in bloodlines. Never encountered that before, I usually play temp hc leagues. But there does always sound like there's a lot more wheeling and dealing going on in standard if I'm guessing right about the majority of the trades you're talking about.

I would still always go in at the listed price, since they themselves have set that price, there for in my view they have evaluated that item to be worth x amount. Now if they then turned around and asked for more I would reconsider how much do I need that item, is there worth in looking at other items or is it worth my time to buy and be done with it. Because heck, if you can save currency you can put that towards other gear - better gear in the future.

However I do understand what you're saying, if it still shows up as verified then I would reply with for example "Hey the item is still showing up as verified, I know you said it was sold but if I would offer more, would you be more interested to let it go?" It's not worth getting into they told a white lie about it being sold because they decided not to sell anymore. We all want currency and if it means more to you than what they listed it for then I would try and negotiate with them and just bypass the lie.

#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Mar 23, 2015, 11:49:53 PM
I always sell cheaper just to minimize time spent on trading. I don't mind people buying cheap from me to later flip for a higher price either. I even prefer it sometimes. I sold two rat's nests for 18 chaos in torment and I knew the guy who bought them would resell them for the proper price, making about 60 chaos in profit. So, if you ever buy something from me, don't feel bad for paying less=).
"
GreatWhite47 wrote:
me: Hi wtb xx item that youre selling for 10c listed price

them: price 30c now

me: mmk hf wasting peoples time gl (or just a simple lol gl) or better yet you dont even need to respond!

and move onto the next one. No post on the forum bitching about it. No post on the unofficial 2nd home forums aka reddit whining about it. Just move on.

Yeah GreatWhite, I'm really against people setting an item with a listed buyout just to get interest then asking for more. Just seems underhanded, I would basically move on right away unless it was something I really needed.
#NeverGoing90
Some of us price low to get items to move because we don't want stuff to build up and we don't actually care much for trading.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Leave your personal life at the door. I'm talking trade here..you know what makes poe go around

waow! now i don't want to answer you at all >_<

Are you a Lord or something?

(no need to answer, i won't read "your trade post" again)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info