How do you approach someone woefully underpriced?

"
Boem wrote:
Being respectful to people you don't know should be the baseline for a trader. If i sense a douche or dirthbag i simply say no thx and move on.

Yes, one should be "respectful", but the term itself is highly subjective. What one person may find "respectful" another person can find disrespectful.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
Being respectful to people you don't know should be the baseline for a trader. If i sense a douche or dirthbag i simply say no thx and move on.

Yes, one should be "respectful", but the term itself is highly subjective. What one person may find "respectful" another person can find disrespectful.

Agreed, however a person should be able to deduce a baseline in any given context. The absence of insults and flaming is usually a solid first indicator your dealing with a reasonable human being.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Items should never be over 100EX. GGG needs to regulate the prices of items if they want a stable economy

There is no foundation for this statement. Items should--and do--go for whatever someone is willing to pay.
"
Boem wrote:

Agreed, however a person should be able to deduce a baseline in any given context. The absence of insults and flaming is usually a solid first indicator your dealing with a reasonable human being.

Peace,

-Boem-

You can very well insult and flame someone and still be reasonable, as in being capable of rational behavior. Being rational doesn't mean that you are being nice. You can in fact use reason to find ways to be an ass to people :).

Denying a trade on the basis that someone insulted or flamed you, is just a childish way to punish someone for not acting like you would like them to act. One shouldn't delude themselves into thinking that are on some form of pedestal XD.

"

Apology for bothering them in the first place

That choice can be seen as pretentious. Just like "sir" and "ma'am" can.

Edit: Certain choices that are considered polite in certain cultures would be considered as impolite in other cultures. Another example: someone asking you if they can ask you a question.

Edit2: Yet another examples: usage of titles such as "doctor Smith" when talking with someone named Jordan Smith. That would be considered impolite in Sweden but polite in Germany.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 24, 2015, 9:33:24 AM
What exactly is wrong with "punishing" somebody that flames and insults.

Somebody has to do it, might as well be me if the need arises.

I don't mind if that's considered childish. I have turned down solid deals on the basis of the other person not being respectful while conducting the trade, in the end it is my item and i do with it as i please.

It's my right to sell it to a vendor if i enjoy doing so, similarly i have the power to not sell it to a person if i don't enjoy the experience.

Childish or not, in the end it's my "gaming experience" and i will see to it that it's fun for me. If that includes ignoring somebody that's foaming and incapable of saying "sorry", so be it.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
mazul wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

So if i give you a hug you would find it disrespectful? Or anyone else for that matter? respect isnt subjective, people are just not used to being respectful at all, not anymore anyways.
"
Boem wrote:

Childish or not, in the end it's my "gaming experience" and i will see to it that it's fun for me. If that includes ignoring somebody that's foaming and incapable of saying "sorry", so be it.

Peace,

-Boem-

Sure, that's a good attitude to have. (no sarcasm)

I've seen instances where people condemn other people for bad behaviour when they themselves have their behavioural flaws as well ^^. That's something I oppose: the hypocrisy. That said, got too little time and interest to see if you are a such person, but your posts reminded me of such persons :P.
"
"
mazul wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

So if i give you a hug you would find it disrespectful? Or anyone else for that matter? respect isnt subjective, people are just not used to being respectful at all, not anymore anyways.

An unwanted hug is a classic example of sexual harassment, lol.
"
mazul wrote:
"
"
mazul wrote:

An unwanted hug is a classic example of sexual harassment, lol.

Only if you look bad, if youre hot nobody gonna sue you.^^

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info