How do you approach someone woefully underpriced?

I've accidentally under priced some items, and I'm skeptical when people ask to buy an item only 30 minutes after I've listed it so I will recheck the true value and if I think I horrendously lowballed myself I'll apologize and ask the player for a new price. Usually this works and they agree the item was worth that much. If they don't bite and pass on the new price I'll usually get a buyer by the end of the day anyway.
IGN: InLegendFP
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Several times in this game people way under-price their warez. Often times realizing it when they draw the obvious attention their low price brings. I could give an example but we've all been there when guy says its sold as he draws attention, nevertheless verified. My new strategy is come in high like I misread poe.trade and its proven successful

So for example say some chap has a 220ES glove with dual t2 resits listed at 5C - I say WTB so and so gloves for 50C you have listed at poe. Him thinking me the idiot releases warez.

That's how PoE is designed to work...
Scam, lie, trick, bait and switch all part of this fucking game's economic design...
Dont blame the player, blame the game.

What did the guy do wrong other than the typical bait and switch? (really fucking common in this game btw). He didn't violate any rules set by GGG.

This strategy is also wildly used in Real Life... like a F2P game charging you for stash tabs or content behind a paywall... or phone company telling you you can have a new Iphone 7 Uber for only 99 cents.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Mar 24, 2015, 4:51:21 AM
[Removed by Support]
The best thing about bait and switch is that you cant even prove it...

trade 1- S:"wts acuity 90ex"
B:"hey wtb ur acutiy"
S:"sure 160ex please"
B:"you just said 90ex on trade chat lol"
S:"was a typo lol, still wtb what about 150ex?"
B:"No"
S:"FU cheap pos"
trade 1- S:"wts acuity 90ex"
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Brian_GGG on Mar 24, 2015, 5:58:39 AM
Well if I list something for 5C and someone offers me 50C for it ofc I'll think he is an idiot.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
I've had a few times where I meant to put an item for a 1 exalt buyout but accidentally put it for 1 chaos instead. The times I noticed, someone asked, Do you know you are selling [insert item here] for 1 chaos? So, I'd look at the item and explain I meant to set the buyout for 1 exalt not 1 chaos and would change it as soon as possible so other people are not confused.

People have always been nice in approaching me in regards to an item being very underpriced, so I try to return the favor if I want an item but the seller has drastically underpriced it. I'll just ask if the price is correct first, and then go from there.
"Come along fool, a direct hit to the senses will leave you disconnected."
Last edited by KimchiGirlx3 on Mar 24, 2015, 7:44:30 AM
"
KimchiGirlx3 wrote:
I've had a few times where I meant to put an item for a 1 exalt buyout but accidentally put it for 1 chaos instead. The times I noticed, someone asked, Do you know you are selling [insert item here] for 1 chaos? So, I'd look at the item and explain I meant to set the buyout for 1 exalt not 1 chaos and would change it as soon as possible so other people are not confused.
I dont know how to change prices on poe.trade, for example if I leave out the price, even if I edit it, it never seems to appear. And if I change it from 3 to 1 chaos if something isnt selling, it will still say 3c.
I think POE.trade should be shut down. It is very easy to manipulate currency with that site. An in game auction house is needed or remove all formed of item posting and allow more trade channels and deal with person to person. Items should never be over 100EX. GGG needs to regulate the prices of items if they want a stable economy
"
This is one of the reasons I love Poe.

An item is only worth as much as the other guy is willing to pay.

Its sad how few people realize this.
"
whitelytning wrote:
"
This is one of the reasons I love Poe.

An item is only worth as much as the other guy is willing to pay.

Its sad how few people realize this.

Because it is stupid. A person could one day decide "I will pay 100 exalted orbs for a wisdom scroll" and then do it; that doesn't mean that the wisdom scroll is "worth" 100 ex. It just means that someone paid far above the market price for an item, one time.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
I put everything at 1 chaos current offer cause im lazzy as fuck when it comes to trading.(i don't use procurement and make all my shop threads manually)

On the other hand, i don't mind bargaining with people for 10 minutes if needed, it's fun and i had a lot of good talks and some people added to my f-list that way.

You know, you start discussing price ranges and wares, eventually end up talking builds and concepts and playing together.

All part of the PoE experience imo. Being respectful to people you don't know should be the baseline for a trader. If i sense a douche or dirthbag i simply say no thx and move on.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info