Path of Exile Supporter Titles

"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
Sadly for GGG, their Greed is keeping me from buying Hydra... sounds weird but its the case

What greed?

the greed expressed through a stupid rule that rules out packs bought before New supporter pack

Always bought couples of supporter packs to support until new supporter pack come out and then buy it with the discount generated by already buying packs

Suddenly, ggg refuses to considerate 75$ worth of packs, so id have to pay 110$ for hydra instead of 35$

Thats Greed, taking a shit on people that care to support you any time by giving them restrictions on how to support them... WTF is that logic lol

Ive been doing this since Closed beta and never GGG support had the decency to say " hey we'll do it for now but we now have a new rule about this so... next time it wont work"

Suddenly? The Supporter Pack upgrades have worked this way for a long time, it's nothing new. Since Open Beta I'm pretty sure.

The difference between previous times and the introduction of the Atlas of Worlds supporter packs is that this time we didn't have a 3-week wait between the end of the old packs and the start of the new ones.

For Awakening and Ascendancy you weren't able to upgrade with any purchases that were made on or before the end date of the previous pack. You could use any point packs you bought in the interim period on the new supporter packs, 'cause they were purchased after the end date of the previous tier.

The ONLY difference this time is that the old packs ended and the new packs started on the same day, so there was no two/three-week wait between packs where all you could purchase was points and use them to upgrade later.

I've also seen on Reddit Chris mentioning that if you're a couple of days off (days... not weeks) with your purchase their support team might still be able to let you do it, so you just have to contact them.
You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than "blood must have blood"?
"
ohaither wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"

What greed?

the greed expressed through a stupid rule that rules out packs bought before New supporter pack

Always bought couples of supporter packs to support until new supporter pack come out and then buy it with the discount generated by already buying packs

Suddenly, ggg refuses to considerate 75$ worth of packs, so id have to pay 110$ for hydra instead of 35$

Thats Greed, taking a shit on people that care to support you any time by giving them restrictions on how to support them... WTF is that logic lol

Ive been doing this since Closed beta and never GGG support had the decency to say " hey we'll do it for now but we now have a new rule about this so... next time it wont work"

Suddenly? The Supporter Pack upgrades have worked this way for a long time, it's nothing new. Since Open Beta I'm pretty sure.

The difference between previous times and the introduction of the Atlas of Worlds supporter packs is that this time we didn't have a 3-week wait between the end of the old packs and the start of the new ones.

For Awakening and Ascendancy you weren't able to upgrade with any purchases that were made on or before the end date of the previous pack. You could use any point packs you bought in the interim period on the new supporter packs, 'cause they were purchased after the end date of the previous tier.

The ONLY difference this time is that the old packs ended and the new packs started on the same day, so there was no two/three-week wait between packs where all you could purchase was points and use them to upgrade later.

I've also seen on Reddit Chris mentioning that if you're a couple of days off (days... not weeks) with your purchase their support team might still be able to let you do it, so you just have to contact them.
Sure i contacted the, they strictly refuse.

Still, explain me the logic in this, a company that bases its revenues on the good will of people to support them is suppose to put everything in place to incite people to do so. Such rule works against it, its pure Greed.

BrownNosers will defend GGG saying "its always worked that way", even id thats true, it doesnt change the fact that its a twisted greedy technique to void people's support so they have to spend more

GGG be like " Oh you supported me? Go fuck yourself, i dont give a fuck about this support, where is your wallet"
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 23, 2016, 10:23:45 PM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

Still, explain me the logic in this, a company that bases its revenues on the good will of people to support them is suppose to put everything in place to incite people to do so. Such rule works against it, its pure Greed.

BrownNosers will defend GGG saying "its always worked that way", even id thats true, it doesnt change the fact that its a twisted greedy technique to void people's support so they have to spend more

GGG be like " Oh you supported me? Go fuck yourself, i dont give a fuck about this support, where is your wallet"

There was no brown-nosing here, you made a point and I countered your point with facts. :/

I can't comment on why the upgrade feature works the way that it does or the exact reason the cut off date applies to point packs because I'm not GGG, but I do know that the cut-off dates apply to the Supporter Packs because the items and titles are completely exclusive. Perhaps the Point Packs are the same because of technical limitations associated with that.

It is obviously within your rights to not purchase new packs if you don't agree with how it works. I very much doubt they're doing it to invalidate your previous support, anyone could tell you that's a poor business model.
You believe that to defeat an enemy who will stop at nothing, you must stop at nothing. How is that different than "blood must have blood"?
Last edited by ohaither on Aug 23, 2016, 10:47:20 PM
"
ohaither wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

There was no brown-nosing here, you made a point and I countered your point with facts. :/

I can't comment on why the upgrade feature works the way that it does or the exact reason the cut off date applies to point packs because I'm not GGG, but I do know that the cut-off dates apply to the Supporter Packs because the items and titles are completely exclusive. Perhaps the Point Packs are the same because of technical limitations associated with that.

It is obviously within your rights to not purchase new packs if you don't agree with how it works. I very much doubt they're doing it to invalidate your previous support, anyone could tell you that's a poor business model.
Sorry, i think i was not clear, I am not talking about exclusive supporter packs, im talking about the flavorless 5-10-20$ supporter packs, the ones that are the same all year long, the ones with clearly no timestamp on them. I completely understand that if you buy tier 3 pack of Ascendency, you cannot then use that pack to upgrade to tier2 Atlas of Worlds

What im talking about are packs free of Support pack affiliation.

Note: I was not saying you are a brownNoser,your armour doesnt seem to be that white XD

i was referring to brown Noser that use that argument without even thinking about the situation because in their head GGG cannot be wrong, GGG is perfect.
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 23, 2016, 10:55:41 PM
Even though it kinda makes me vomit in my mouth, I find myself agreeing with sexcalibure on this one. I don't know if it's greed or some bookkeeping/tax reasons. But I was disappointed as well that points packs didn't count towards supporter packs if you bought the points during another supporter pack window. I was unsuccessful arguing with them about it as well (although got the usual "we'll pass this on to somebody else who doesn't care" message). Makes no sense to me.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Bluntexile wrote:
definition of greed of GGG:

Making people pay 1000's of $$$ to support the game, they say...
Seeing the amount of people spending $$$ would make you think they would invest more into the game.

The amount of stuff added to the game compared to the amount of supportes is ridiculous, if only the game was updated half as much as the shop eh......

Just look at altlas, big expansion they say :D
Just made a lil map with couple of new maps and tadaaa let's call it a big expansion :D

Comes out sept 2 if i remember well, but conveniently the supporter packs are available weeks before hahahahaha :p

As long as the supporter fall for it it will work a nice side effect is the free whiteknights ggg gets no one would ever admit he wasted money and defend his spending habit

Btw supporter should watch the freemium southpark episode and the Simpsons malibu stacy new hat...you might learn something

Update is maps on maps with a vinktar style boss instead of 4 corner you have 4 separate guardian maps
Put that in relation to sold packs and he has a valid point
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Aug 24, 2016, 2:00:51 AM
Eh, PoE is far from the traditional freemium games, we're not playing The Simpsons: Taped Out here "Pay to speed up building process" "pay to buy this special building that will give you an advantage" "pay for this premium character" "pay to obtain missing materials to build this" "pay to unlock this early" "looks like you're missing some coins, do you want to buy some more?", that's the kind of freemium gaming South Park have been refering to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4duJdeKTwHY

I have always been fine with PoEs business model and for some reason while I hesitate to drop 59.99 for No man's sky, I had no second thoughts about buying PoE's 220 pack for some reason.

But I had no idea they stoped counting your purchased points towards the supporter packs, seems a bit weird and I would like to hear an explanation on this, while I don't buy point packs, many others do and it just made sense the way it was.
kiwi nation
"
Kujar3 wrote:
Eh, PoE is far from the traditional freemium games, we're not playing The Simpsons: Taped Out here "Pay to speed up building process" "pay to buy this special building that will give you an advantage" "pay for this premium character" "pay to obtain missing materials to build this" "pay to unlock this early" "looks like you're missing some coins, do you want to buy some more?", that's the kind of freemium gaming South Park have been refering to - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4duJdeKTwHY

I have always been fine with PoEs business model and for some reason while I hesitate to drop 59.99 for No man's sky, I had no second thoughts about buying PoE's 220 pack for some reason.

But I had no idea they stoped counting your purchased points towards the supporter packs, seems a bit weird and I would like to hear an explanation on this, while I don't buy point packs, many others do and it just made sense the way it was.

Same. I won't pay $1.50 for 100pokecoins but I have no qualms buying the top tier POE pack each time it's out. It's because GGG has established a track record of ever improving this game which I love very much. I would also state upfront that the day I think GGG is pushing out complete crap, I'll be the first to stop buying their support packs. But there will never be any regret for what I've put in. My contributions thus far is for the entertainment I've received to date and a very small leap of faith that GGG will continue to push out quality content based on their track records.

While everyone has a right to decide whether it's worth supporting GGG for the content they have pushed out, what annoys me the most are the support haters who seem to enjoy laughing at supporters for "wasting" money for what they themselves perceive as money grab updates.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Kujar3 wrote:

But I had no idea they stoped counting your purchased points towards the supporter packs

they don't.

it's just that only point packs purchased while the respective supporter pack is active count towards an purchase of said supporter pack.

ever been this way, i too find it a bit weird because it comes unexpected to people planning their upgrades. they probably see it as a goodwill issue and see the alternative in treating purchases separately.

calling ggg "greedy" is the most hilarious blame ever, with the exception of physical supporter pack stuff they just grant you a very restrictive license to use their mtx. nothing really belongs to you, how can somebody be "greedy" when you in fact can't purchase anything?

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Aug 24, 2016, 7:07:18 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Kujar3 wrote:

But I had no idea they stoped counting your purchased points towards the supporter packs

calling ggg "greedy" is the most hilarious blame ever, they provide the game for free, have no pay to win or pay to play, solely rely on people freely supporting ... it's probably the fault of their failed strategy of pretending to "sell stuff" and "sales" that make people fel entitled as if they purchased something ... which they're clearly not.
whiteknight much, you deserve you alpha title, it explains why Alpha Member tag is white

It's a semi free to play

It's free to play individually but it's pay to play collectively...

They count on the supporter generosity to fund the game, which is why I find the strategy more illogic. You are suppose to accommodate the process of support, to make it feel the most easy and comfortable possible

Not counting 5-10-20$ pack bought on previous era is nothing but a strategy to get more money from people that want a supporter pack

Buying the 20$ pack now or buying it 6months ago changes nothing, it's the same 20$ flavorless no supporter pack era attached pack

It's just a marketing trick to void your previous packs so you buy more to achieve supporter packs
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Aug 24, 2016, 7:18:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info