Tell your friends. Soul Mantle is good again!

"
"
"
johnKeys wrote:
rejoice!

by the way,

Troll Mantle > Soul Mantle.

Troll mantle = shavs

because:

Troll shavs = infernal mantle

Logic. ;)

That doesn't follow logic at all. We start with

If we want to solve for shavs, we have to divide by troll, getting us
shavs = inverse-troll infernal mantle

In other words, it's an infernal mantle that's actually good.
But let's assume Dirk is right. I mean, for a second. Just for fun. Theoretically.
Then we have
"
Troll shavs = infernal mantle && Troll mantle = shavs

which equals to (replace shavs in first equation)
"
Troll Troll mantle = infernal mantle

So now we see that infernal mantle isn't just troll mantle, no. It is the mantle that is troll squared!
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
johnKeys wrote:
rejoice!

by the way,

Troll Mantle > Soul Mantle.

FYI

It was buffed a while ago. You can divine it for an extra 25% totem life.
"
Xervous wrote:
3 * 0.5 * .7 = 1.05 O: le gasp

if you consider it from a pure DPS standpoint those three totems are going to have the same output as you hardcasting if you disregard a bunch of other factors.

I might get around to trying out a triple totem build with whatever spell grabs my fancy.

And then you realize that even with the pretty big downside of constantly cursing yourself, no life and low ES on your chest, you still will be way behind in damage since you can't use Spell Echo with totems.

I'd say the totem support gems were overnerfed, at least if they were ment to be a usefull main skill choice in endgame. They still can do some supporting work (e.g. Summon Skeletons for distraction, Arc for shocks), but that's about it. :(
"
Qwark28 wrote:
"
BackwoodsS wrote:

Couple reasons. First, it is garbage armor. It is good to have defenses even on a totem build. Second, the third totem is almost meaningless. Sure you can take down a boss a bit faster, so what. I walk my totems forward through mid/high maps clearing two packs a time, 1 totem per pack. I am already moving as fast as I can cast. The third totem would mostly just be left behind doing nothing. Would boost kill speed of some things (otherwordly etc.) but not enough for me to put on that POS armor.

It'd be amazing for dominus farming, you're already chugging 2 doses of topaz and granites, no drawback whatsoever if you roll your pots correctly.

I don't really disagree. But, full disclosure, my FT build in BL was primarily for dom farming and he could do the run with above average speed and i almost never hit a granite and brought no topaz flasks. My moto for mfing in HC is be tanky/fast first and then add mf stat. With 4L ft (5th iir) i hit about 32k single target dps. The third totem would definitely add to speed with dps but sacrifice speed on the squishy/running around end. I also like to run high maps with mf which I really would want a good chest for. Swap out iir for chaos to boost up to 38K single target (lvl 19 gems) and good to go.
"
silumit wrote:
"
That doesn't follow logic at all. We start with

If we want to solve for shavs, we have to divide by troll, getting us
shavs = inverse-troll infernal mantle

In other words, it's an infernal mantle that's actually good.
But let's assume Dirk is right. I mean, for a second. Just for fun. Theoretically.
Then we have
"
Troll shavs = infernal mantle && Troll mantle = shavs

which equals to (replace shavs in first equation)
"
Troll Troll mantle = infernal mantle

So now we see that infernal mantle isn't just troll mantle, no. It is the mantle that is troll squared!

You make a compelling argument! But the real question is, what conspiracy about GGG can we unravel based on this new revelation?
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:

And then you realize that even with the pretty big downside of constantly cursing yourself, no life and low ES on your chest, you still will be way behind in damage since you can't use Spell Echo with totems.

I'd say the totem support gems were overnerfed, at least if they were ment to be a usefull main skill choice in endgame. They still can do some supporting work (e.g. Summon Skeletons for distraction, Arc for shocks), but that's about it. :(

And that's why you don't use the L14 Spell totem on it; its too low a level for the totem life modifier to ever be good. It's basically a trap for anyone who gets too greedy for DPS and wants a 7L. One could always try to make it work, but based on my experiences with it, you're better off with anything that doesn't rely on a spell totem gem, like FT or SWT.

and on the Chest, it was always a good piece, it was just incredibly unwieldy because of constant potion juggling.
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info