Tell your friends. Soul Mantle is good again!

"
Malone wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
spell totem support is still pure shit anyway

so having 3 of it up makes it 3x shittier or 3x less shittier? hmmmm

With the time you need to drop the 3 totems, any caster build would have clean the whole screen 2 times.

As if it was always about being fast.
"
"
johnKeys wrote:
rejoice!

by the way,

Troll Mantle > Soul Mantle.

Troll mantle = shavs

because:

Troll shavs = infernal mantle

Logic. ;)

That doesn't follow logic at all. We start with
Troll shavs = infernal mantle

If we want to solve for shavs, we have to divide by troll, getting us
shavs = inverse-troll infernal mantle

In other words, it's an infernal mantle that's actually good.
"
Malone wrote:

With the time you need to drop the 3 totems, any caster build would have clean the whole screen 2 times.

... and maybe kill himself with reflect. Everything have its ups and downs. :D
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"

If we want to solve for shavs, we have to divide by troll, getting us
shavs = inverse-troll infernal mantle

hahahaha that made me laugh so loud.
well played, HikaruYami.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I always thought the point of that equip was to allow you to double cast totems without sacrificing your self-cast damage with the keystone. Three totems don't see that much of an increase in damage, but being able to have two totems AND self-cast is a huge boon for either increased safety or increased DPS.
"
Perq wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

... and maybe kill himself with reflect. Everything have its ups and downs. :D

reflect with totem is sometimes pain in the ass... Your char has better tool to counter reflect in some way than totems... Honestly, apart Flame Totem and Shock Wave totem, all others ( with spell totem support gem ) are crap or could be a lot better self casted.
IGN TylordRampage
"
BearCares wrote:
Have no idea why people don't use them in hardcore, such safe farming. It's an easy red suit from the 1month league.

Couple reasons. First, it is garbage armor. It is good to have defenses even on a totem build. Second, the third totem is almost meaningless. Sure you can take down a boss a bit faster, so what. I walk my totems forward through mid/high maps clearing two packs a time, 1 totem per pack. I am already moving as fast as I can cast. The third totem would mostly just be left behind doing nothing. Would boost kill speed of some things (otherwordly etc.) but not enough for me to put on that POS armor.
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"
BearCares wrote:
Have no idea why people don't use them in hardcore, such safe farming. It's an easy red suit from the 1month league.

Couple reasons. First, it is garbage armor. It is good to have defenses even on a totem build. Second, the third totem is almost meaningless. Sure you can take down a boss a bit faster, so what. I walk my totems forward through mid/high maps clearing two packs a time, 1 totem per pack. I am already moving as fast as I can cast. The third totem would mostly just be left behind doing nothing. Would boost kill speed of some things (otherwordly etc.) but not enough for me to put on that POS armor.

It'd be amazing for dominus farming, you're already chugging 2 doses of topaz and granites, no drawback whatsoever if you roll your pots correctly.
"
kazegenso wrote:
I always thought the point of that equip was to allow you to double cast totems without sacrificing your self-cast damage with the keystone. Three totems don't see that much of an increase in damage, but being able to have two totems AND self-cast is a huge boon for either increased safety or increased DPS.

1 guy got it iam suprised soul mantle is perfect for full control builds
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
Malone wrote:
"
andkamen wrote:
"
Malone wrote:
spell totem support is still pure shit anyway

so having 3 of it up makes it 3x shittier or 3x less shittier? hmmmm

That's not the only way to think about it. I played triple totems in Torment and what I would do is drop totems in a triangle formation, spread out, at choke points, and thus agro 3 packs of enemies at once. Then while the totems took 5 seconds or so to clear out all 3 packs I had already run to the next location, still supported by totem cover fire, where I would plant 3 more strategically placed totems. It was very fast, and I wasn't sitting around waiting on totems to kill things, usually, that is xD

It's also important to note that I cold do this with negative resists and tons of magic find. As immortal call/lightning warp were enough to keep enemies from hitting me with spike damage.
Last edited by BearCares on Mar 23, 2015, 7:24:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info