Leo leveling is stupid

leo wont be useful until they create a pvp scene that is entirely separate from the gear whores that populate high end pvp.

no one likes playing a competitive game in which you can buy your way to the top.

And regardless of IF that notion is true or not , that IS what the majority of the poe population see pvp as.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 19, 2015, 7:34:11 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
leo wont be useful until they create a pvp scene that is entirely separate from the gear whores that populate high end pvp.
no one likes playing a competitive game in which you can buy your way to the top.
And regardless of IF that notion is true or not , that IS what the majority of the poe population see pvp as.

Saying it like that, as you did in several other posts, does not excuse your very offensive language/lack of respect towards said community.
"
neyhoumi wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

Saying it like that, as you did in several other posts, does not excuse your very offensive language/lack of respect towards said community.

I could be wrong but I think he's just being realistic. The way pvp is headed now it will only be populated by a few dozen people for the foreseeable future, unless something drastic changes.

About 1% of the POE population likes/is willing to stick around for pvp. How long will GGG want to develop pvp if the current trend continues?

Our perceptions of pvp /= the vast majority.
Formerly Firebrand
_Thriller_
_Boomshakalaka_
Last edited by Dopamineloveaffair on Mar 20, 2015, 7:40:41 AM
"

Why should you be able to get his hideout without pvping?
I want to be able to get zana's level 8 hideout without doing maps or missions.
Zana's leveling is stupid.

my god this comparison i am pretty sure zana doesnt make you wait for 8 - 20 minutes to find a match.

the difference sir , is that maps arent broken , zana isnt broken .

pvp is broken , its been broken for years , no one plays it. and those that do have invested so much into it that they scare potential pvpers away.

if you really dont see the difference , then i give up

"
neyhoumi wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

offensive langue sure, ill give you that one. you can call them what ever you want , invested pvpers or pro players or rich fellas with free time. whatever, the end result is that these players are over geared and crushing the enthusiasm of the player base . this is an inescapable fact .

you can bicker and nit pick how i say it all you want , it changes nothing .

you cant expect people to respect a pvp scene that is inherently unbalanced like this , it will not happen.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 21, 2015, 12:20:47 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

you can bicker and nit pick how i say it all you want , it changes nothing .

Yes it does, for it gives you more attention. More specifically, the offensive language makes many people disregard whatever you say, whereas they could be reading interesting things. Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying you're wrong, but rather that the way you say it is disrespectful (wich is against the EULA applying to these forums as well as the game) and giving your own posts very bad publicity.

"

you cant expect people to respect a pvp scene that is inherently unbalanced like this , it will not happen.

This is extremely wrong, you are expressing your will to not respect the people playing on a system that's not balanced, or in other words you are making the players accountable for the system's shortcomings. I'm not saying that is what your post means, as it is not/might not be, since you mentionned "respect the pvp scene", but it could be understood so (pvp scene also has players into it), and your previous posts were that way, not respecting players because you dislike the system they are forced to play in.
It's like you hold a grudge for the players who've accepted the system you don't, or at least accepted using it even though they might not agree with it.
Last edited by neyhoumi on Mar 23, 2015, 9:16:08 AM
I stopped caring about dancing on egg shells a while ago. it took way too much effort and i still got flamed by people. I wont deny anything you have said , since you are absolutely correct.

Sure the players are just working with in the confines of a broken system and making the best of a bad situation.

but in an effort to do that , they do things that pretty much have a 100% chance of spawning resentment and frustration. Again that may not be directly their fault as the current system openly encourages such behavior, but as the the chief component of pvp that people interact with, (after-all pvp is ultimately about interacting with other people) they are the visible representation of the current state of pvp.

Some are nice fellows , i have met plenty of these people whom i have called , "gear whores". good chatting with them, very nice people to socialize with. But they are still unnecessarily over geared players that make playing pvp about the least enjoyable experience period.

good peeps
, would never ever want to play them in pvp.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 23, 2015, 10:46:35 AM
You want the PvP hideout and you don't want to level up to 90 to defeat the PvP'ers? Come on man settle on a diff hideout then. It's ok that this one is harder to earn than the others in my eyes, and level 3 is damn easy to get in Standard, I'm almost level 6.
IGN - Xukai

Mirror Service - /1046531
Last edited by trav_dawg on Mar 24, 2015, 1:15:34 AM
"
trav_dawg wrote:
You want the PvP hideout and you don't want to level up to 90 to defeat the PvP'ers? Come on man settle on a diff hideout then. It's ok that this one is harder to earn than the others in my eyes, and level 3 is damn easy to get in Standard, I'm almost level 6.

I do LLD , i find the limited passive you have to work with make for more interesting game-play when you dont have uber twinked bis characters ruining the fun .

and im almost level 5
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"

my god this comparison i am pretty sure zana doesnt make you wait for 8 - 20 minutes to find a match.

pvp is broken , its been broken for years , no one plays it. and those that do have invested so much into it that they scare potential pvpers away.

There's a difference of course.
I can play a pvp match every few minutes, even more often if I have friends on, but with Zana I need to have a capable high level character to do my own dailies. Or I need to find zana rotations. Very very inconvenient compared to Leo's leveling.

broken broken broken broken broken

If I say everything is broken because I don't like it, does that make my opinion universally correct?

Bills are broken, taxes are broken, slow drivers in the left lane is broken, red lights are broken, needing to shower is broken, needing to sleep is broken, my attitude is broken! These forums are broken.
"
jcostello1 wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"

There's a difference of course.
I can play a pvp match every few minutes, even more often if I have friends on, but with Zana I need to have a capable high level character to do my own dailies. Or I need to find zana rotations. Very very inconvenient compared to Leo's leveling.

broken broken broken broken broken

If I say everything is broken because I don't like it, does that make my opinion universally correct?

Bills are broken, taxes are broken, slow drivers in the left lane is broken, red lights are broken, needing to shower is broken, needing to sleep is broken, my attitude is broken! These forums are broken.

jesus .... heaven forbid you actually play the game and level a character, rotations are optional , your mate is optional , you can level her in the wild and you can do your own dailies.

leo on the other hand NEEDS other people, zana doesn't need people leo DOES need people. how hard is this to understand? If no people play pvp then leo be broken. if no people play pve , you can still farm zana.

stop purposely acting foolish to try to troll me before you lower my opinion of people any further.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 27, 2015, 7:38:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info