A Prediction...

"
This CB whale knows some things you don't know.

This whale is EXTREMELY excited.

Sorry, I know you're just trying to predict stuff and be a negative nelly, but I thought I'd bring a little sunshine to your pity parade.

The point I was getting at is we have gone a while now with no content update and it would appear we are set for a lot of content/change with act4 & knowing this community I am skeptical of the reception such a large change will have, people lose their shit when you change an item or stat. CB whales already have their threads about how the game hasn't turned out how they envisioned, how act3 ruined the game...is there going to be another mutiny if they log in to act4 and realise the game has changed massively once again?

Didn't you quit once because they changed Arc?

Anyway, I am as hyped as anyone for Act4, I am just questioning whether it may have been wiser to trickle feed us some content updates in the mean time to keep up interest. I would be playing the game now (I am done with my break) but there is nothing new to do, not even a new unique to hunt, so meh.
"
"
This CB whale knows some things you don't know.

This whale is EXTREMELY excited.

Sorry, I know you're just trying to predict stuff and be a negative nelly, but I thought I'd bring a little sunshine to your pity parade.

The point I was getting at is we have gone a while now with no content update and it would appear we are set for a lot of content/change with act4 & knowing this community I am skeptical of the reception such a large change will have, people lose their shit when you change an item or stat. CB whales already have their threads about how the game hasn't turned out how they envisioned, how act3 ruined the game...is there going to be another mutiny if they log in to act4 and realise the game has changed massively once again?

Anyway, I am as hyped as anyone for Act4, I am just questioning whether it may have been wiser to trickle feed us some content updates in the mean time to keep up interest. I would be playing the game now (I am done with my break) but there is nothing new to do, not even a new unique to hunt, so meh.

Hey now, respect the Charan
I dont see any any key!
"
"

You're getting your Legends About Charan confused there, old bean.

I was integral to getting Arc addressed and brought up to speed.

I quit because of collateral damage to otherwise legitimate builds when GGG fuck with the Skilldrasil each patch. I stand by my sentiments there -- you shouldn't have a permanent league like 'Standard' if characters there are not really safe from the vicissitudes that should be reserved for temporary leagues. It's unavoidable though. I talked it through with Chris, who wanted me to see what FM would bring to the table. I saw, I approved.

I understand your skepticism but it's important to note that this coming expansion is acutely aware of the dip and spike model PoE seems to have adopted. I can't just tell you 'it'll fix everything' because obviously it won't. But it's going to take a big stab at a lot of things.

I wouldn't be quietly talking it up if I didn't believe it was worth that. I've never not been a fan of GGG and their basic tenets. I just think sometimes PoE was far too big a pie for their mouths. They're learning, slowly, how to cut it up, how to manage it.

Whether or not it's too late for that remains to be seen.

your honesty and insight is always appreciated
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:

Yes thanks for that.
Last edited by Mischief67 on Mar 15, 2015, 7:42:40 PM
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Yes thanks for that.

your welcome
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Mischief67 wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

Yes thanks for that.

your welcome

What about his welcome?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I dont know lol

its just social convention to say your welcome when someone says thank you

at least where i come from lol
I dont see any any key!
I'm pretty sure they don't say "your welcome" where you're from any more than they say "his welcome". They might type it of course, but people type all sorts of ridiculous things.
"
GGG have gone too long between content updates and saved too much for act4 which has meant ppl have gotten bored in the meantime and will probably flip their lid when act4 comes saying the game has changed too much (particularly CB whales).

I know I would still be playing the game if it had been updated but I am having to wait until Act4.

While I have no doubt Act4 will be popular I have to wonder whether this interim gap hasn't damaged overall numbers.

I think the exact opposite is true. People will come back 'because' there haven't been any content updates for some time. This is in part because I believe most players play with some sort of "If only..." thoughts in their heads. If only my loot were better, if only desync wouldn't be as bad, if only I could trade more easily...
So they will come back, and some will leave, seeing it's still not how they want it to be, and others will stay.

Overall I'm absolutely positive that act 4 will give a substantial boost to the playerbase.
I don't like when people call me a whale. It makes me feel fat.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info