Torment/Bloodlines Challenge Leagues End Date and One-Month Leagues!

I only played hardcore for a little while, got to a cavernous area and and ended up stuck behind an invulnerable PLink pack.
Not fun, never played it again because it took over 20 minutes to clear the pack.

This shouldn't ever become standard.
Forgive the language, but bullshit mechanics is precisely why I can't stand D3 (Lasers everywhere, vortex gibbing you from off screen etc.) and PLink just feels precisely like one of those mechanics.
I define a bullshit mechanic as something you can't play/gear around that actively obtrudes into your gaming experience.
Last edited by shaunus on Mar 10, 2015, 7:51:24 PM
"
Azraphael wrote:
I am happy the leagues are ending and had a lot of fun in both! My only complaint is how ridiculous it is to achieve the 8th (id all these items) challenge. Without some crap site like jsp or no life trading 23 hours a day it seems kinda impossible. Why make the other 7 fun and grind/skill based, but make one pure currency based? Encouraging RMT?

I feel the same way as you man. ID all uniques is one of the dumbest challenges I have ever seen. People selling a 1 alch item for multiple exalts just for the id. I also 7/8 and need 15 uniques to finish it.

I had a choice to make, buy them unidentified and complete challenge or create a new character with mjolner/volls/6link lightning coil. i decided i rather enjoy the game by playing something new and did not get my 8th challenge. Too bad we have to make a choice here.
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
Monfriez wrote:
I know it has been mentioned a gazillon times now but why is it so hard to announce these dates in GMT?

Because people would have to convert it to their own time in any case? I think one of the character names in your signature is quite appropriate ;)

This is your argument? Seriously? You actually think it is a grand idea to post all dates in NZ time? Really? Just take North America, Europe, Australia and NZ and announce it properly for all the player bases. And what has my signature to do with anything?
IGN: SpoiledSoCalScion / ShadesOfPrey

Austriae est imperare orbi universo / GMT +1
I am pretty sure I already know the answer to this based on various nebulous answers when searching, but if you don't have anything in standard league yet(Torment is my first character), does your hideout layout transfer over or do I still have to go through hours of work rebuilding it after the league ends?
The more More you have, the less Less matters
"
Odoakar wrote:
Chris, any chance of improving the drop rates on unique items? I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this is the main issue I'm having whenever I try to get my real life friends to play PoE. Just yesterday and today I guided a friend though Normal, and in our slow and steady progress to Cruel Strand, we didn't get a single unique! Not one!

I've kinda accepted the low drop rates in the game, but it was so disheartening telling my pal 'trust me, they will start dropping later on, it's a great game!"

There's 300+ uniques, out of which many are low level. Give them to players, let them have fun while leveling.

L2P issue

You need to get 550 IIR and then you will see uniques drop.....yes, that means every item in every slot needs to be IIR BiS unique. Or you can just play build you want and make strong, powerful and fun char, but then you wont get any loot.

You have so many options and choices obviously

/end sarcasm
osnap end date!

got 3 bloodlines to finish and half a dozen maps.. sort of gave up on identifying..

one month league hype!~
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:
Chris, any chance of improving the drop rates on unique items? I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this is the main issue I'm having whenever I try to get my real life friends to play PoE. Just yesterday and today I guided a friend though Normal, and in our slow and steady progress to Cruel Strand, we didn't get a single unique! Not one!

I've kinda accepted the low drop rates in the game, but it was so disheartening telling my pal 'trust me, they will start dropping later on, it's a great game!"

There's 300+ uniques, out of which many are low level. Give them to players, let them have fun while leveling.

L2P issue

You need to get 550 IIR and then you will see uniques drop.....yes, that means every item in every slot needs to be IIR BiS unique. Or you can just play build you want and make strong, powerful and fun char, but then you wont get any loot.

/end sarcasm

THIS. One of the reason i quit around 1 month in every league. No drops without MF is so so boring you just play to kill mobs and get XP, its just not rewarding ever...

I've seen some stat on reddit yesterday about people leaving the game even before piety.Nothing extraordinary when you play for nothing (ie no loot)
Sounds good. Really like that 1 month league is starting right after Torment/Bloodlines end, i don't really play Standard leagues so no need to wait 2 weeks like usual, awesome!
It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
"
As03 wrote:
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

L2P issue

/end sarcasm

THIS. One of the reason i quit around 1 month in every league. No drops without MF is so so boring you just play to kill mobs and get XP, its just not rewarding ever...

I've seen some stat on reddit yesterday about people leaving the game even before piety.Nothing extraordinary when you play for nothing (ie no loot)

Yesterday i was bored and decided i will farm dominus for a while. Equiped my MF gear on BL league, 380 IIR and 20 IIQ, thats every piece of gear is mf, apart i dont have 2 andvarius and IIQ items like perandus and goldwyrm, both rings i have have 40 IIR each.

You just cant farm dom solo with both andy rings and just about every iten you can equip because you dont have damage nor survivability then.

So i culled dom, half items that droped were blue......with 380 IIR

i was like.... WTF

didnt even picked those, just went back to town and went afk

disgusting
"
BoondockSaint wrote:
So i culled dom, half items that droped were blue......with 380 IIR

i was like.... WTF

didnt even picked those

... you say that as if you usually pick up blues? I can safely say that I haven't picked up a blue on purpose that (a) wasn't a map, (b) wasn't a 6s, and (c) wasn't a tri-link-color item for a chromatic, since day 4 of me playing this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info