Torment/Bloodlines Challenge Leagues End Date and One-Month Leagues!

Will challenges be able to be completed in the one month race?

edit: page3, no
Last edited by BackwoodsS on Mar 10, 2015, 5:16:59 PM
"
Ianpact wrote:
"
Emil_kof wrote:
Chris, please consider creating a challenge league that adds all previous leagues together into one, for an ultimate challenge.

Bloodlines + Nemesis + Invasion + Onslaught + Exiles + Beyond + Torment + whatever else

I think many people will play this, particularly since there are many that are complaining the game is too easy/boring now.

Besides Beyond and Rampage, don't we already have this in the core of the game?

No. Nemesis mods only sometimes spawn on rares(they used to always spawn). Exiles spawn rate is low, it used to be higher when we did the exile league (Anarchy?). Also Invasion doesn't exist anymore. And Onslaught was basically turbo on all enemies.

Torment + Bloodlines is boring...while I liked the Bloodlines league, again, it wasn't very challenging. This is why I keep reiterating this "combine everything" challenge league, for players that are looking for something extreme. I know there would be many players that would want to play the hardcore version of it.
Last edited by Emil_kof on Mar 10, 2015, 5:30:33 PM
Money wise GGG should consider to keep their player base wide and increasing, my experience in this months as it goes:

1. Played only torment (I only play this game for recreational purposes, my time in RL things is more valuable). A stresful game is not a game...
2. Playing currently races but this only awards quick hand players who always seem to win...I guess they continue playing even after having acquired all items therefore I speculate more casual players will eventually stop playing races. As chances to get more than one or two items are scarce.
3. Tried PvP (max level 28) once...got annihilated by level 28 marauders over equipped and running archers who prefer a draw than lose...less than a dozen players participating...no fun in getting killed in 5 seconds or chasing a player until the time runs out...I doubt any casual player will play more than once under this conditions.

From what I read, only consumed and dedicated players which dispose of tons of time to play (lucky them), are trying to make this a pro game...do not get me wrong but fully pleasing all of you is not a good marketing decision. Income comes from a wide base of players investing money in microtransactions and for that to happen the game should be very balanced, rewarding and UNCOMPLICATED.

Toy as much as you want with the hardcore league but keep the standard league approachable to casual and new players.

Cheers!
Last edited by Karrnak on Mar 10, 2015, 11:39:15 PM
If items drop only in torment/bloodline will drop in 1month mix league too?
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
Karrnak wrote:
Money wise GGG should consider to keep their player base wide and increasing, my experience in this months as it goes:

1. Played only bloodlines (I only play this game for recreational purposes, my time in RL things is more valuable). A stresful game is not a game...
2. Playing currently races but this only awards quick hand players who always seem to win...I guess they continue playing even after having acquired all items therefore I speculate more casual players will eventually stop playing races. As chances to get more than one or two items are scarce.
3. Tried PvP (max level 28) once...got annihilated by level 28 marauders over equipped and running archers who prefer a draw than lose...less than a dozen players participating...no fun in getting killed in 5 seconds or chasing a player until the time runs out...I doubt any casual player will play more than once under this conditions.

From what I read, only consumed and dedicated players which dispose of tons of time to play (lucky them), are trying to make this a pro game...do not get me wrong but fully pleasing all of you is not a good marketing decision. Income comes from a wide base of players investing money in microtransactions and for that to happen the game should be very balanced, rewarding and UNCOMPLICATED.

Toy as much as you want with the hardcore league but keep the standard league approachable to casual and new players.

Cheers!

I learned on the fly how to race last season, and I've gotten 5 demi's this season. It really isn't difficult to get rewards racing, it's difficult to get lots of points for the high tier rewards though.
"
Boneshaka wrote:
"
Ultimace wrote:
"
Alabamak wrote:

Why dont you trade? You can buy low level uniques very cheap, just look at poe.trade man

Cause trading isnt as rewarding and satisfying as having uniques drop.

What people way to often dont seem to realize though, if uniques drop left and right it isnt rewarding and special anymore. Just a different color is all.

Unique drop rate is just fine imo.

Uni drop rate is just fine? Spoken like a player who depends on junk uni sales to build his bank.

Now about this announcement and me... It's funnier than hell. I've been playing standard again for quite awhile, but yesterday figured I'd pop onto one of my torment characters and grind out a few levels. Then BAM... the ending date for the leagues is announced. Just the way things happen for me in this game. Bring on the new leagues. I'm looking forward to them.

Way to miss the mark, guys. I have tons of uniques on std, I was basically feeding them to my friend, because the game was giving him nothing. I don't expect shavs rain nor would I want one. I just want someone running though normal and cruel to get a unique drop every 5-8 levels. I want my friend to experience a joy of finding a good item instead of me giving him geoffris, rigvalds, etc
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Mar 10, 2015, 6:03:45 PM
"
Odoakar wrote:
Chris, any chance of improving the drop rates on unique items? I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but this is the main issue I'm having whenever I try to get my real life friends to play PoE. Just yesterday and today I guided a friend though Normal, and in our slow and steady progress to Cruel Strand, we didn't get a single unique! Not one!

I've kinda accepted the low drop rates in the game, but it was so disheartening telling my pal 'trust me, they will start dropping later on, it's a great game!"

There's 300+ uniques, out of which many are low level. Give them to players, let them have fun while leveling.

Chance orb recipe.

If they upped the drop rate of lower uniques in lower content by a multiplier of x so new players found uniques a lot more often; then a higher level player could go full MF in a low zone and rain uniques at the current rate multiplied by x. Add to this, that lower zones have a relatively small amount of bases that can drop, thus making micro-managing the matching of bases easier.. and we are essentially raining '5 chance orb' recipes.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 10, 2015, 6:17:59 PM
God bless any high level player wanting to go through that. If ggg is balancing their game on those type of situation, then all hope is indeed lost.

How about changing the chance orb recipe and upping the drop rate of low lvl uniques?
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Odoakar wrote:
God bless any high level player wanting to go through that. If ggg is balancing their game on those type of situation, then all hope is indeed lost.

How about changing the chance orb recipe and upping the drop rate of low lvl uniques?

High level players DID 'go through that' for the chaos recipe before it was changed, and that didn't even get the benefit that the 5 chance recipe gets from limited number of bases.

Sure, they could make the chance orb recipe be ilvl 60+, too.

That would be as popular as the chaos recipe change was.

i.e. not popular at all.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Mar 10, 2015, 6:53:35 PM
"
SnKArcbound wrote:

I learned on the fly how to race last season, and I've gotten 5 demi's this season. It really isn't difficult to get rewards racing, it's difficult to get lots of points for the high tier rewards though.

Cheating-ban incoming hehehe!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info