[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

Does anyone have Leo leveled on the Torment/bloodlines 1MHC? =/
im looking for a +3 bow on the 1mhc pm me im paying good :)
Alright decided to test out lvl 3 Enhance and it rocks!
24% inc AoE is really better than 20% inc dmg + 70% proj speed from faster proj or the damage from slower proj.

Current gear in the 1M HC:

Spoiler
Nice!

Thanks to dandan88 for the +2 bow. I 4linked it and am just grinding docks until I can map. 3.5k hp, lvl64. Once I hit 66, I will go get the CWDT gem

Next things for me to work on are mana regen and drillneck as the big things besides getting more ES and a +3bow. I'm fairly new to PoE but it's quickly become apparent how powerful the drillneck is..Gonna be saving up, I'm not the best at appraising loot, but it's time to start selling lol.

Would you say the bow or drillneck is more important to get first?

Fun though! Hopefully I can get all the challenges done on this char!
"
trackcatbat wrote:
Nice!

Thanks to dandan88 for the +2 bow. I 4linked it and am just grinding docks until I can map. 3.5k hp, lvl64. Once I hit 66, I will go get the CWDT gem

Next things for me to work on are mana regen and drillneck as the big things besides getting more ES and a +3bow. I'm fairly new to PoE but it's quickly become apparent how powerful the drillneck is..Gonna be saving up, I'm not the best at appraising loot, but it's time to start selling lol.

Would you say the bow or drillneck is more important to get first?

Fun though! Hopefully I can get all the challenges done on this char!

When I equipped drillneck it gave me about 25% extra damage on the tooltip which is better than an extra gem level from +3. Of course if you have empower lvl 1 or 2 and you can manage to 5-link your bow the +3 bow will give your 2 lvls on poison arrow and that beats drillneck.

Right now the bows are a bit more expensive than drillnecks in the 1M HC, but they're both at 2.5-3 exalts.
Trying out this build for my first HC character, it's been hard so far. Reached level 33 and doing some dock runs, I feel like I'm gonna rip before getting to merciless. That tormented Revenant and Congealed Blood I encountered earlier was damn scary.

If anyone has some leveling gear (and spare gems) to donate, I'd appreciate it. I could also do a cross-league trade, I have currency on 1msc and std.
Last edited by StunnisBaratheon on Apr 6, 2015, 6:14:40 AM
68 now and things are smooth so far. Here is my gear:
Spoiler

I changed the tree a bit because I decided to go PA.

So that tree is what I'm aiming for right now. Completely based on your tree Aleehuk just slightly changed to get PA and not have MoM due to PA. Er, I forgot I kept MoM in that build, but I don't think there's any way MoM can work with PA unless you have insane insane gear. And with PA right now I don't run MoM, but I do have EB to help run arctic armor/cast stuff lol.

I've got 3.8K hp right now with some missing life on certain pieces of gear for getting into maps. Because I don't have a +3 or drillneck, do you think it's a good idea to hit up the corruption nodes? Or just go towards heart and soul and get that HP/mana and work on that area?

I've got some decisions to make once my gear gets better. I probably won't have the mana for MoM if I run PA, but I think with my gear, it's ok right now. I might change to MoM at some point and away from PA to give some buffer room besides just the CWDT-IC combo. Also, looking at your gem setup, it's safe to level increased duration in that linked combo? Did not know that...

Super fun so far in maps. I tried the trap variation while leveling and with your build, the regular arrow version is just better and just a lot of fun. I'm thinking of just buying a 5-link thicket bow to start working on and hopefully get lucky lol.

Last edited by trackcatbat on Apr 6, 2015, 3:05:20 PM
Heya,

First of all phase acrobatics poison arrow works, keep in mind that 4L cost is about 70, 5L was about 90 I think and my current 6L costs 105 mana per shot.
As long as you can semi-sustain those (you dont really need to spam it) you should be fine.
MoM wont work with phase acro unless insane gear or you get Cloak of Defiance and stack max mana and mana regen on jewelry, haven't tried out that variant.

If you still have to fix life on some pieces and sre sitting at 3.8k before maps you can pretty much go in maps, the only dangerous thing in early maps are rogues going heavy phys/ele dmg.

So it's up to you whether you feel confident going for corruption and some early damage or going to the witch life + mana region.

Current tree - I took celerity early on (movespeed/es next to ondars), next levels probably mana. I screwed up and thought mana should be 30% of life but it actually needs to be about 43% of your hp to have a correct division of life/mana hit.

Last edited by Aleehuk on Apr 6, 2015, 6:04:21 PM
Yeah it become pretty apparent that if I went phase acro I wouldn't be able to go MoM when I looked at my terrible mana pool <.< But yeah you're right, no need to spam. Through my whole playthrough it's just been DoT and kite and move on.

Yeah right now with 4l, PA costs 68. I can sustain it and keep up arctic armor (it's at 9 right now, can probably do a bit higher). As I get more mana/gear gets better I can ramp that up. But yeah, no more plans on going MoM. Although I kind of think that might have been better because it helps you take hits when you do take them besides just relying on the immortal call combo.

I am going with corruption. HP is good enough for now and as I advance through maps it will get better. I think the dmg is better right now because of no +3 bow/empower or drillneck atm.

I think I am going to grab celerity. Movespeed is just good, plus especially going PA, it feels like it's better to just get even more evasion to help tip things in my favour because of no MoM to take hits.

Level 70 right now, hopefully I can hit 80, and get all my challenges done. Even though my build is slightly different, the same principle applies with the setup/build in that the safe long-range style of DoT and kite is super safe and works really well. This is only my 2nd HC character and I'm moving along well thanks to this build/setup.
I completed my HC achievements using a build based off this, and i wasn't even close to as geared as the OP (My luck is horrible). I think in the end my cloud was only at like.. 3kDPS tool tip, but anyways the survivability was insane, and slow and steady won the race.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info