[1.3][Hardcore] Poison Arrow build showcase and guide

"
Polochon wrote:

It's alot of fun playing this build even i'm only lvl 58.
It's a different sort of playing and i feel it's graphically less aggressive (Poison's cloud effects aren't a firework at screen).

On your gear i don't understand the use of Reduced Duration on the chest, what's the purpose ?

Both gems are increased duration, for cwdt setup it's for a longer immortal call. For the vaal lightning trap it's for a shocked ground on the floor to stay longer around.
"
Aleehuk wrote:
"
pleasejason wrote:
thanks for the build. i'm doing pretty well with it but went acro/phase instead of eb. to any considering this build, it's most definitely a single player build. it doesn't do anywhere near enough damage to be useful in parties.

my gear
Spoiler

Yep it has absolutely no overkill damage, but when I group up I don't stand around waiting for group members to finish off a pack but run ahead and aggro another 2-3 packs. You can essentially dps 5-6+ spread out packs at the same time doing more damage than you'd think while your group kills rares/uniques behind you.

agreed. however, i enjoy watching packs melt with 1p hp, so no parties for me. though once my poison arrow hits level 20, clear speed should be a bit better.

also have to point out, the really nice thing about the build is that you can pretty much do any map mod except for no regen. half regen, blood magic, minus max, curses, and reflect are all non issues.
Hey, playing this build in the 1MHC Bloodline/Torment league. Just started maps and really surprised with the clear speed and I have terrible gear to boot.

Only things I think I've bought are the +2 bow when I got to lvl 58 which cost me 3c, quality Poison Arrow (3c, was 13%, spend GCPs on it) and Slower Proj (2c). Chancing every Penetrating Arrow quiver for Drillneck, got my current one doing so!

Leveling gems:

No ES gear at all..haven't specced MoM yet, and running Discipline for the mana regen. Almost 4k life though which is nice for lvl 68. Haven't even bothered 4 linking my gear yet :D I wanna get Lightning Coil, drop Discipline and run Purity of Lightning eventually.

Lvl 77 now. Chanced Drillneck, got Leo craft on my bow... build's so good can't wait to get +3 bow x)

Last edited by dandan88 on Mar 29, 2015, 9:28:38 AM
Good to see you're enjoying the build, clear speed only picks up faster after this and while you level your poison arrow. When you pick up a +3 bow even a lvl 1 empower will do more damage than slower proj and getting it to lvl 2 is fairly easy.

Going for a casual top 20 or something with this gear:

Spoiler

Damn dat gear. I bought a +3 bow, but as soon as I did another one turned up with a free prefix... fml. Nice resists on the bow tho. Anyway I 5linked it and switched over to Empower. Think I should get a Carcass? I have 207 regen with just Clarity, 250 with Discipline both lvl 18.. current gear at lvl 83 4.5k life / 3.5k mana

@CookingWine ingame if you wanna give me your old gear x)

Last edited by dandan88 on Apr 1, 2015, 1:30:54 PM
RIP'd on my first HC character :( (to a lagged box I misclicked with an exile). Am leveling this now. You're definitively right PA can be taken from the start and works fairly well and you can get a silverbranch really cheap to carry you through the game. I'm thinking this silverbranch will carry me until I can get a +2/3 bow in merciless? Looking on POEtrade it doesn't seem to sell often. I might just save the mats up and craft it at that time. 5 link thicket bows can be gotten pretty cheap right now, but ilvl needs to be 64 to get the +2 mod?
"
trackcatbat wrote:
RIP'd on my first HC character :( (to a lagged box I misclicked with an exile). Am leveling this now. You're definitively right PA can be taken from the start and works fairly well and you can get a silverbranch really cheap to carry you through the game. I'm thinking this silverbranch will carry me until I can get a +2/3 bow in merciless? Looking on POEtrade it doesn't seem to sell often. I might just save the mats up and craft it at that time. 5 link thicket bows can be gotten pretty cheap right now, but ilvl needs to be 64 to get the +2 mod?

Correct, lowest character lvl I've seen on +2 bows is around 53 (with ilvl 64+).
Silverbranch can carry until +2 bows which can carry until +3 bow, PA is the most painful around act 3 normal and picks up from act 1 cruel etc, if you have some other levelling gear/spec (especially for bosses single target dmg) use it.

Gear update:

5514 health
1784/3348 mana
Ele weakness overcap + 23 chaos res
280.4 mana regen
6700.4 tooltip (levelling 20Q pa's for corruption atm, might gcp up my main one)

Spoiler

Probably look for this when starting out in a new league, rare gear was farly cheap (4-5c for lowest and 40c for amulet as most expensive).
"
trackcatbat wrote:

If you're playing in the 1mhc I can give you a +2 bow you can equip at lvl 51, but not 5linked. For my first +2 I bought a white 5link and alterated for +2, then regaled and Leo crafted damage over time. Used that until I saved up enough for a +3.
Hey man i signed in just to say I like the build! I did modify it a bit (Not going EB/MOM, using IR, took chaos damage nodes) but otherwise following it.

This is my second hardcore character in any game ever - and I've gotten to Act 3 Merciless with this build. Killing bosses is a bit slow but its -so- durable and the playstyle so interactive that its been a breeze. Now if only i can find a +2 / 3 bow to spike the damage on this poison arrow with..
"
dandan88 wrote:
"
trackcatbat wrote:

If you're playing in the 1mhc I can give you a +2 bow you can equip at lvl 51, but not 5linked. For my first +2 I bought a white 5link and alterated for +2, then regaled and Leo crafted damage over time. Used that until I saved up enough for a +3.

Yeah I am, IGN is RIPNotthistime

Thanks that would be awesome. Looking to get into merciless today with this char. Fun so far. I'm thinking of speccing into phase acro. Really depends because I'm not sure if I will be able to get drillneck and if I don't do drillneck then I shouldn't spec into piercing shots right? I will see, too early yet, I still need to level :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info