Summoner Efficiency (Looking for Opinions and Tips)

sell your belt and buy Shavronne.
IGN TylordRampage
gear seems to be decent, besides the one ring oO

but yeah your gem set up is weird, as already mentioned... you should push the deeps of your minions

Zombie - Melee Phys - Multi Strike- Splash - Empower - Faster Attacks/Minion Speed
Spectr - Conc - Echo - AoE/FC

Aura's are on the right place...
for Atziri you could replace Haste with PoL/PoF
I would use Midnight Bargain for the extra minion speed , extra zombie and extra spectre rather than the OP setup... And this way not use minion speed but rather minion life on zombie, to reach more than to 12k dps with them ( with zombie 21 / empower 4 ).

Use Shavronne Wrapping , keep your shield and go low life.

This is the real way to optimize your summoner build.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Mar 6, 2015, 5:35:33 AM
"
Ceratoidei wrote:
gear seems to be decent, besides the one ring oO

but yeah your gem set up is weird, as already mentioned... you should push the deeps of your minions

Zombie - Melee Phys - Multi Strike- Splash - Empower - Faster Attacks/Minion Speed
Spectr - Conc - Echo - AoE/FC

Aura's are on the right place...
for Atziri you could replace Haste with PoL/PoF

"
Malone wrote:
I would use Midnight Bargain for the extra minion speed , extra zombie and extra spectre rather than the OP setup... And this way not use minion speed but rather minion life on zombie, to reach more than to 12k dps with them ( with zombie 21 / empower 4 ).

Use Shavronne Wrapping , keep your shield and go low life.

This is the real way to optimize your summoner build.

I know the ring is rip ._. I just grabbed a random one with dexterity.

I don't think losing two levels on the zombies (I can't afford +1 6L Shavronne's) and a curse is worth the two added support gems on the zombies, since like I mentioned, they already 1shot nearly everything and curses are stronger against bosses than the support gems suggested (I like the minion speed idea, though). I also don't intend to go low life (I see no real benefit other than an extra aura that is superfluous given the ones I already run and I can easily run Bargain with my hybrid setup, getting ~1K HP unreserved).

I will however try AoE/ConC on the Spectres once I get home.

Also, dropping Headhunter is an impossibility.

Edit: Faster Attacks might be better than multistrike outside a single target scenario since it doesn't lock the zombies down. Multistrike wins every time for single target, though.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Mar 6, 2015, 6:03:25 AM
"
Ragaroon wrote:
Well I have a level 88 scion summoner and I use the evangelists in a 6 link, raise them and then swap out Minion damage

Just making sure you know: this doesn't work anymore.

"
7thFullMoon wrote:
I don't think losing two levels on the zombies (I can't afford +1 6L Shavronne's) and a curse is worth the two added support gems on the zombies, since like I mentioned, they already 1shot nearly everything and curses are stronger against bosses than the support gems suggested (I like the minion speed idea, though).

Well it's up to you to balance between damage and survivability/utility. These guys were giving you advice on how to maximize your damage. And in that respect, dropping Temporal Chains and moving one of your minion spells into the 6-link (with swapping the weapon and the chest if you choose 6-link Specters) is definitely a big improvement. +1 gem level is usually 10-15% more damage for gems that scale with levels, while an extra support is in the ballpark of 30-40% more. Faster Casting is a "dead" gem in your 6-link more or less, but maybe you could go 4-curse and add something like Enfeeble, if you want a balance between damage and survivability.

Temporal chains adds clear speed because it keeps enemies packed tightly for longer and ensures they take the mon'tregul's fire explosions and evangelist blasts. The green socket allows me to swap in culling strike for getting HH buffs for the party in rotations(enfeeble was being used over Temporal Chains before but the green socket is very flexible).

Faster casting is in there for lack of a 4th curse but it's very helpful as far as improving the feel of the build. I don't think I can fit a 4th curse into the build, so I might corrupt a Bargain with culling and swap it for IIR and TempChains for IIQ when I want to MF (since wondertraps+bargain are a great combo.)

I don't think I got my point across exactly in the OP, it's more of a playstyle help thread than a gear improvement help thread (I'm rather content with most of my gear, especially some corruptions, it's only there for reference and I know the options available and what to get). I want to know how to best convocate zombies and keep track of buffs. I want to know how to micro.

That said, all the suggestions are very appreciated, there have been pretty interesting ideas thrown around.

Edit: A slight addendum and formatting.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Mar 6, 2015, 8:28:58 AM
I really think you're overestimating the value of Montregul's. The fire explosions are great, but if you had more, slightly weaker zombies tanking things, then your evangelists could hit things even with concentrated effect up. But as the next paragraph will note, you don't have to have weaker zombies at all....

Basically, your triple curse-on-hit setup just seems unnecessary. Go for 6L evangelists or 6L zombies if you want clear speed. You can get double curse on hit while dropping faster casting. If you make your zombies 6L, then they'll be about as strong and tanky as they are with your 4L + montregul's setup (and you will have twice as many). For the tankiness, obviously add minion life; for the damage, you can get about the same dps by adding faster attacks, but if you instead want to deal with summoning zombies by remote mines, iirc that still gives them a 49% more damage multiplier, which would be way more damage than montregul's is getting you. The only downside is losing the explosions, which really aren't better than having double the zombies.

Like, do the calcs all day long, if you dropped to just temporal chains (and I'm not telling you to; feel free to keep elemental weakness in the mix for chill/freeze potential and DPS, but you don't _also_ need vulnerability), moved your zombies to 6L, dropped montregul's for midnight bargain, and gave your spectres concentrated effect, you'd be getting a very high single-target DPS boost, and also a pretty sizeable "aoe" (not real AoE, I know) dps boost despite losing the corpse explosions (which your evangelists aren't triggering either way).
Last edited by codetaku on Mar 6, 2015, 11:25:50 AM
why is a head hunter owner doing a traditional summoner build? traditional summoner is what you do when you are poor and cant afford real builds.

zombie / specter summoners are great for starting out , but as the op pointed out are simply not efficient at communicating damage.

they move too slow , they attack too slow , they have a minion cap, they require dedicated gear slots. if you move in the wrong spot they stop attacking and move with you.

the op is clearly rich enough to get a +3 6l staff.

going from srs to traditional minions is akin to entering a foot race you won last year with both your legs amputated and replaced with sausages

WHAT ARE YOU DOING MAN!

also your gear set up if very strange. you are specter summoner , but you don't use midnight which is really a major perk of going low life missed.

montre is actually misleading in terms of clear speed. zombies are not your clear speed , they are your single target multi strike in combination with their terrible base attack speed ensure they will never be godo for clear speed its like using multistrike on heavy strike. , more often than not it is your specters that clear things.

if its clear speed you are going for, drop montre , get midnight.

and where the heck is franky the animate guardian? you are missing out on the aura bro
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 6, 2015, 12:32:14 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
why is a head hunter owner doing a traditional summoner build? traditional summoner is what you do when you are poor and cant afford real builds.

zombie / specter summoners are great for starting out , but as the op pointed out are simply not efficient at communicating damage.

they move too slow , they attack too slow , they have a minion cap, they require dedicated gear slots. if you move in the wrong spot they stop attacking and move with you.

the op is clearly rich enough to get a +3 6l staff.

going from srs to traditional minions is akin to entering a foot race you won last year with both your legs amputated and replaced with sausages

WHAT ARE YOU DOING MAN!

also your gear set up if very strange. you are specter summoner , but you don't use midnight which is really a major perk of going low life missed.

montre is actually misleading in terms of clear speed. zombies are not your clear speed , they are your single target multi strike in combination with their terrible base attack speed ensure they will never be godo for clear speed its like using multistrike on heavy strike. , more often than not it is your specters that clear things.

if its clear speed you are going for, drop montre , get midnight.

and where the heck is franky the animate guardian? you are missing out on the aura bro

But I don't WANT to play SRS, I have to hold buttons down and click places. Sometimes I need to hold my coffee cup and cookies and that takes up both hands. How am I going to do 78s and have tea time at the same time!? (I'm going to try some stuff out, read below [I hate chroming])

"
I really think you're overestimating the value of Montregul's. The fire explosions are great, but if you had more, slightly weaker zombies tanking things, then your evangelists could hit things even with concentrated effect up. But as the next paragraph will note, you don't have to have weaker zombies at all....

Basically, your triple curse-on-hit setup just seems unnecessary. Go for 6L evangelists or 6L zombies if you want clear speed. You can get double curse on hit while dropping faster casting. If you make your zombies 6L, then they'll be about as strong and tanky as they are with your 4L + montregul's setup (and you will have twice as many). For the tankiness, obviously add minion life; for the damage, you can get about the same dps by adding faster attacks, but if you instead want to deal with summoning zombies by remote mines, iirc that still gives them a 49% more damage multiplier, which would be way more damage than montregul's is getting you. The only downside is losing the explosions, which really aren't better than having double the zombies.

Like, do the calcs all day long, if you dropped to just temporal chains (and I'm not telling you to; feel free to keep elemental weakness in the mix for chill/freeze potential and DPS, but you don't _also_ need vulnerability), moved your zombies to 6L, dropped montregul's for midnight bargain, and gave your spectres concentrated effect, you'd be getting a very high single-target DPS boost, and also a pretty sizeable "aoe" (not real AoE, I know) dps boost despite losing the corpse explosions (which your evangelists aren't triggering either way).

I have about 11 bricked zombie hands that I tried to get faster casting on, I hope they were not for naught. And okay, I'll give in and try the GOD DAMNED BARGAIN and the GOD DAMNED 6-LINKED MINIONS OF DOOM (or doompster [rip RRRB helm] - also, Mines don't work with zombies since 1.2 because that was considered a form of snapshotting, I believe).

Edit: Also, what's a 6L for the evangelists? RS-Echo-Conc-IAoE-AddedF-X (what is X?)
Edit2: I can't see anything with Bargain in an Academy and my zombies got obliterated by the boss. I also got Necromantic Aegis (Testing) and upgraded my gear to support it:

NEW GEAR

Edit3: So, I'm crazy and I specced Mortal Conviction. Dropped Prism. Hit 8K ES, I'll stick to this : |
I still have to decide between 6L Bubbleman and triple curse. I really like keeping arc in the regalia because I dream of one day getting some MF gear.
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Mar 6, 2015, 2:50:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info