Everyone's favorite way to level after 80?

65-75 Dried Lake
75-85 Strand
85-90 Gorge
90+ Docks :)
"
Majmun wrote:
65-75 Dried Lake
75-85 Strand
85-90 Gorge
90+ Docks :)

lmao
You need to work out how you want to level. there's a few ways but also some downsides.

I do maps that suit my hp/dps/build/level.

for this example I'm a Bow(windripper) Scion

at level 80 I only had 2.8k life so I was stuck doing jungle valley's (72) (skipping the boss)
although I had 12k dps and 1 shotting everything I did get 1 shot from a rogue exile in a 73 dry pen map (not ready to progress)!

at level 82 I re-geared and hit 3.5k life then jumped into Dark Forest Map (73) (rippy map but you have to run what you have. I levelled to 84 in these. mostly run white. Died 1 time to a magic devourer pack :(

at level 84 I had 3.8k life and 14k dps. I jumped into Gorges/underground river (74) (rolled packsize/magic/rare) also Maze & residence (most run white)

at level 85 I had 3.9k life and continued doing 74's until 3/4 into level.

then I jumped into Plateau Maps to quickly level up (75) rolled packsize/magic/rare

now level 86 with 4k life and 15k dps I can continue in 75's spicing things up with the odd 76/77 map now and again to help speed up the leveling.

I'll also test my build against the Necropolis Map boss 'Merveil' (75) If I'm taking longer than 10-20seconds to kill her second form I won't go in again until late 80's early 90's. I'll just clear the boss room of all mobs and tp out

remember the loot isn't worth the exp as you get higher in level. it's better to say no and skip a dodgy boss like Merv/Vaal/Torture Chamber boss. A death can cost upwards of 1ex at level 88+ (cost of maps/xp)

lvl 87 I'll be doing 75,76,77 and finishing my 74's off

lvl 90 I'll be doing 75,76,77,78's

lvl 93 I might need to buy some maps If I want to push further depending on RNG

my favourite maps to progress in would be

66 Dried Lake Map
67 Mountain Ledge Map
68 Reef Map/Mud Geyser
69 Shore/Promenade
70 bog/underground sea
71 Strand
72 Jungle Valley (skip boss)
73 Dry Peninsula/Canyon
74 Gorge
75 Plateau
76 Precinct
77 Shipyard
78 Courtyard

edit for downsides - doing my method you won't have much spare currency left after rolling your maps. You will need to run a forum shop while mapping to buy upgrades for your build unless you are super lucky (not likely)

downside of paying for public maps - you won't have your own maps. you'll get to level 87-90 and have a sick build with good gear but no maps to progress. It will take you longer to level sitting around in sarn waiting for public parties with maps you gain xp from.

the last method is one a few people on my friends list use :P befriend someone like me to roll maps and tag along. I don't ask for a fee as long as the person knows how to clear a map and brings some nice dps/MF.

Last edited by Mohun on Mar 5, 2015, 11:51:48 PM
"
ZachInTheBox wrote:

I Can't get 74/75 maps, nothing but 71 maps and below drop for me.

How is what drops for you, relevant? You play a game in which the developers have stated that the economy is its most important feature and yet you refuse to trade?

Are you one of those people who also refuse to use spoons for soups?
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
why does GGG constantly shun and punish the solo players?

Jesus Christ the amount of blaming some people do agaisnt GGG.

*They removed the party bonus from cartographer boxes.

*They allow solo players to be able to do far more trades than a party player due to the amount of portals available.

*They intentionally refuse to allow us to have the option to remove effects that make it hard to see mods and enemy movement in parties.

*They refuse to create loot filters due to how it would give such a massive advantage to party play.

*They force you to recreate party in order to be relisted in party boards. This means that a solo "party" has a recreate advantage over regular parties.

Knowing all that, you still accuse them of shunning and punishing the solo player?

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 5, 2015, 11:45:10 PM
"
ZachInTheBox wrote:
"
comm_il_vec wrote:
Do harder maps you wouldn't normally do, make a hideout, go try and complete some of the challenges, farm corrupted areas, start crafting

Harder maps= death= exp loss.. sooo.. haha
Hideout's made
Farming corr is boring
Not enough currency to craft, RNG on the low for me.

You need to make new builds. Most of those who reached level 100 have 10 or so level 80 characters. The currency pool generated by all his 10 characters are used to pump one character to level 100.
My favorite way to level after lvl 80?
Make a new character and get more value for the grinding effort
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I join mapping parties doing 70+ maps. Maybe host when i have some maps. Though this really only works in temp leagues 'cos there seems to be more trading parties in standard.

I haven't tried global 150 yet...so I should give it a try.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
Running the most difficult 77/78 maps i can as fast as i can.

Leveling past 94 has been an awfully painful experience though. It's soooooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I'd probably enjoy it more in mapping parties but I'm determined to do it solo even if it takes me another year to go 98-100.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Maps lvl -8 + pack size for decent exp.

Uzually I stop lvling at 92ish...such bullshit only get 2-3% for a 78 map

so I say fuck it and make a new toon
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 6, 2015, 2:07:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info