I dun goofed. (level 62) Please help me make changes?

"
Assur wrote:
"
hamsterzen wrote:
My marauder is level 63. Like you, my gear sucks. I'm still using 2 blues because they're the best 4L items I could find. I just hit act 3 on Merciless. I deviated from the cookie cutter builds by taking dps nodes because my gear sucks and I wasn't killing things very quickly. Here's my build (temporarily missing Blood Drinker, will pick it up again next level). I kill fairly quickly.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0UcRkuGjghAiFVIWAn7Si1KS4q9jIJOQ46UjrYPfxAoEE_TdhQR1BQUeZUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJyqXTtdPF673uMfLh82YFvhmCMdozPkFWcJ548nrmezZ_LoJ2iAKZkpzCnhKyqtC-53cAaxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd-_51LsOO4U7w7vTvIv8932SA==

Your weapon needs to be upgraded. Here's mine for a comparison:

My two main skills are :
- Heavy Strike linked with Melee Physical Damage, Life Gain on Hit and Added Fire Damage
- Ground Slam linked with Melee Physical Damage, Life Gain on Hit and Weapon Elemental Damage

You need to get Enduring Cry, it helps a bit with getting pummeled.

What are your resists and hp? You have to have as close to max resists as possible or you'll get eaten. I've got 66 Fire, 80 Cold, 80 Lightning, and can do 80/80/80 with a quick ring switch.

thats one of the worst builds i have ever seen

here's one better version of his build

Your post is so unhelpful I actually stared at my computer screen for a few seconds trying to understand.

Are you serious? You changed what, six nodes? Six nodes in one of the most standard maul builds? One of the most common builds in the entire game? One of the "worst builds you've ever seen?"

*boggle*

-HD
made some changes, still looking for additional direction
"
nwndotcom wrote:

Jenos,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to have to edit my original post and fix the tree. I already have RESOLUTE TECHNICIAN, I rushed it fairly early.

For my skills, I NEVER use sweep. It's just sitting in my gems to level up. My primary attack skill is Ground Slam. I would love to put life on hit gems in it, but at my level and with the gems I have in Ground Slam now, it's DPS is only 650. This simply can't kill things fast enough on merciless to prevent me from getting swarmed, or even kite efficiently.

For the most part, I drop warlords mark to try to get my endurance charges, I don't even know what enduring cry is, so I will look into that as well.

I do not not not want to ever take the Blood Magic passive, as I love Determination and Vitality aura, which require a % of mana reserve, or in my case, a *massive* chunk of life I were to use BM.

I'll keep trying to search for weapons, too. I wanted to see how far behind my gear was. Thanks for the input.

Kasperbrah: As far as I knew, the Karui CHopper is an axe, and can not be used with ground slam, so that is out the window.

So looking at your skill build, it looks fine. A little off in the way you get to the templar nodes than what the norm is(most people head up from Resolute Tactician) but hey, it works and its fine. Your skill build isn't perfect; I think the middle life nodes in the tree are inefficient, but people do go for them so I may be wrong.

Given you don't use sweep, remove it. It does nothing for you. Instead, link your Determination+Vitality Aura with reduced mana. You need the 3 link that Sweep is in right now to be able to link those. That should free up a good 20% of your mana for you, which you can then spend on grace when you find a slot to throw it in.

Warlord's Mark is ineffective to keep endurance charges up. Its good to get a bunch up quickly, but on boss fights/fighting rares and champs its just not effective.

Your ground slam problems are an issue of gear. You need to pick up a MUCH higher dps weapon. At your level, unfortunately, it may be difficult to find one to trade for, but keep an eye out for solid 2handers in trade chat or the trade forum. To give some perspective, my Marauder when he was level 40 was using a weapon with the same equivalent DPS as your level 63 marauder. You may need to head back into previous acts to start farming for gear.

Look for a good itemlevel 2hander thats linked well(AT LEAST 4L, maybe higher) and then see if its worth while to alch/chaos/exalted it; it may not be, but it may be the only way to get decent weapons. You're really looking for both physical increased percent AND +physical damage flat, which is ideal for 2 handers.
Last edited by Jenos on Feb 9, 2013, 8:26:11 PM
i would like some constructive criticism on my build too, im 3 level higher and completed merciless but from what i'm hearing i'll get my a.. raped on maps (and not a single one did drop for me yet). Ill just ask here because im doing the usual 2H Mace Marauder, too. (I like bigass melee weapons in ARPGs).

Build on Level66:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzEtkUIBRNGJEZLhnpGjgaPhtFIVUn7SkuMfsyCTa6Nug5DjpSOtg8LT0PPfxN2FBHUFBUSVW1VgRXDVhjWfNfP2FSZp5yqXuMfLh82X31gW-GYIcpjHaMz46_kFWePJ7Nn8uiAKcwp4SpaKyqud3AGsEExPbGrsbYyZjSIdlh3D3ewd-_5K3nUudj7DjvDvAf8azyL_JF8pz2SPe--tL-Cg==

Gear:
Spoiler

that makes up for:
2915 Life
27 ES
37% Reduction from Armor
63/55/75/-2 Resists
90,9 Lifereg/Second

Bandit Quest choices:
8% Resists / 12% Pdmg / Endurance Charge

Skills used:
Heavy Strike + Added Fire + Melee + Life Leech
Ground Slam + Added Fire + Melee + Weapon Elemental
Leap Slam + Faster Attacks + Melee + Life Gain on Hit
Endurance Cry - but ive not yet taken the Charges skillpoints although im next to them so i think im maxed at 4 Stacks atm.
The Helmet is not optimal atm because of the linkings, would've liked to link Sweep with Fast+Melee+something else, but i rarely use Sweep atm, Leap Slam with Faster Attack and Life on Hit seems just safer while doing similar Damage.

Is there anything worth linking to Stuff like Molten Shell? Like, is it possible to increase its damage dealt at the end of the absorb with e.g.

And i drop Rejuvenation totems regularly whenever i expect to have a pack where my flasks and defense wont last.

As for respeccing: As you might have guessed from the links to certain points, i re-optimized some things already because more life or power for the same equivalent of points came in reach. currently im wondering about things like:

Take the Armor+Evasion Block in the lower middle and go to the right until iron reflexes? (instead of just taking the 3 armor blocks above the armor+evasion)
- Use Elemental Adaption? I can easily hit 80% with the use of Flasks.
- Really pursue to the life nodes up at the INT area, maybe even progress up to the life nodes at the smaller chaos resist?
- if Iron Reflexes, take the Diamond Skin on the way ?

etc. (and if any of the above, what to undo for it)

Damage is currently enough to onehit any white mob that does not have an energy shield or reduced physical damage with Heavy Strike (4,3k DPS).

I looked around for even better Weapon Improvement but except from using a lot of fusings on my current or using a same-DPS-better-stats version of my weapon the only improvement i can find seems the bigass unique which is way too expensive atm.

Any suggestions please? :)
IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
Last edited by Yoman on Feb 9, 2013, 9:50:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info