I dun goofed. (level 62) Please help me make changes?

Ok, so level 62, and I suuuuuuuck. There is no way I can handle content on merciless. I'm still getting my butt kicked on ACT 3 Cruel. Why? Because I don't do damage, my gear sucks, and my big health pool gets depleted in a few hits.

So, I'm trying to remedy this crap. I'm open to suggestions, I have 8 respec points and 20 regrets to try to remedy my blunder, but I can get more.

I'VE MADE SOME CHANGES TO THE BUILD: BUT PLEASE FEEL FREE TO GIVE MORE FEEDBACK
I'VE ALSO PICKED UP A 5L RED CHEST AND USE GROUND SLAM linked with BLOOD MAGIC, ADDED FIRE, ADDED PHYSICAL DMG, BLOOD MAGIC, LIFE ON HIT. I USE ENDURING CRY, MOLTEN SHELL, WARDLORDS MARK, DETERMINATION, LEAP SLAM, DECOY TOTEM, and VITALITY.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0OrRLhFCAUTRjbGS4hYCSLJ-0otSkuKaUt0jIJMok26DpSOtg9Dz38QKBDnE3YUEdQUFRJVgRXDVhjXQBfP2BLYIhhUnKpdO108Xfleu98uHy7fNl99YFvgziGYIx2jM-ePJ65ns2fPp_LogCi6qcwrKq53cQVxPbG2NIh1I_ZYedS7w7vTu988B_yL_ZI974=

Are there any items that I need to upgrade immediately? Based on what I have, where should I be farming and what should I be looking for? So lost :(
Last edited by nwndotcom on Feb 9, 2013, 7:05:29 PM
Shameless self bump
try getting a karui chopper as your weapon, and level up either ground slam or lightning strike and get blood magic and weapon elemental dmg+phys dmg.
PM @KaspeR_Warbands (Warbands) | @KaspeRHC (Standard)
Standard Atziri Service www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1400006
So looking at your gear, your life leech/life on hit gem are linked to sweep, not ground slam. You should try to switch that around. You have no endurance cry ability as far as I can tell, yet you use the legendary ring with +1 endurance charge? You really should try to use enduring cry and start working on keeping your endurance charges up; having a 6 stack of endurance charges up is a HUGE bonus to survivability. You also really want life on hit at least for ground slam and use that your primary nuke. Sweep builds are EXTREMELY gear dependant and much more risky to utilize.

Your skills: you want to try to head over and grab resolute technique. Couple places you can drop skill points: you grab a savant and agility node(30 int/agi) for no reason; no gem on your gear or piece of gear needs the stats from there, so thats 2 wasted points. I'd shift points away from that large 8% life x 9 node near the center; you can get to it eventually, but for now respec away from it and grab some other talents. You want to pick up berserking(15% attack speed) right above unwavering stance, and you want to start grabbing the +endurance charge stuff. If you switch over to ground slam, you also probably want to pick up amplify, which is 2 away from the northern life node branch you have(the templar life nodes). That will make ground slam hit a fair bit more.

Going forward, you are going to want to try to get your hands on better gear with more gems. At your level you really want to try to get gear with more links, and you also need a green socket. Iron Reflexes really, really, really needs you to grab Grace, as thats a huge chunk of armor.

Since you don't have blood magic, you also want to look into other auras. Link them to your reduced mana gem. Determination+Grace would be a large chunk of armor for you, probably doubling your armor once you level grace up some. Link your determination right now to your reduced mana, not heavy strike. You definitely need more sockets and especially links on your gear, to start linking important supports in. You want to drop Sweep completely from your build probably.

The other thing with your gear is to start boosting your resistances. Fill out the node of resistances near the marauder starting point. You can go back and respec out of it later once you get stronger gear with resists. Keep an eye out for better weapons, Ground Slams damage is heavily based on weapon damage so more damage is always a serious bonus. Look for links, an ideal item has a 5R linked item(that is rareish though) because you can link Ground Slam+Life Leech+Added Fire+Added Melee+Life Gain on hit(and later swapping some stuff out for things like faster attacks or more aoe or stuff, or mana leech or blood magic if you have mana problems).

Lots of little things you can do, but nothing that says your character should be written off.
Really I think you can boost your dps by A LOT if you change 3 of the armor passives u got in the marauder line, and switch it with 2 weapon elemental dmg and 1 catalyse in the templar tree. It will give you a HUGE jump to dps.
IGN: timtwins, timtwinz
"
Jenos wrote:
So looking at your gear, your life leech/life on hit gem are linked to sweep, not ground slam. You should try to switch that around. You have no endurance cry ability as far as I can tell, yet you use the legendary ring with +1 endurance charge? You really should try to use enduring cry and start working on keeping your endurance charges up; having a 6 stack of endurance charges up is a HUGE bonus to survivability. You also really want life on hit at least for ground slam and use that your primary nuke. Sweep builds are EXTREMELY gear dependant and much more risky to utilize.

Your skills: you want to try to head over and grab resolute technique. Couple places you can drop skill points: you grab a savant and agility node(30 int/agi) for no reason; no gem on your gear or piece of gear needs the stats from there, so thats 2 wasted points. I'd shift points away from that large 8% life x 9 node near the center; you can get to it eventually, but for now respec away from it and grab some other talents. You want to pick up berserking(15% attack speed) right above unwavering stance, and you want to start grabbing the +endurance charge stuff. If you switch over to ground slam, you also probably want to pick up amplify, which is 2 away from the northern life node branch you have(the templar life nodes). That will make ground slam hit a fair bit more.

Going forward, you are going to want to try to get your hands on better gear with more gems. At your level you really want to try to get gear with more links, and you also need a green socket. Iron Reflexes really, really, really needs you to grab Grace, as thats a huge chunk of armor.

Since you don't have blood magic, you also want to look into other auras. Link them to your reduced mana gem. Determination+Grace would be a large chunk of armor for you, probably doubling your armor once you level grace up some. Link your determination right now to your reduced mana, not heavy strike. You definitely need more sockets and especially links on your gear, to start linking important supports in. You want to drop Sweep completely from your build probably.

The other thing with your gear is to start boosting your resistances. Fill out the node of resistances near the marauder starting point. You can go back and respec out of it later once you get stronger gear with resists. Keep an eye out for better weapons, Ground Slams damage is heavily based on weapon damage so more damage is always a serious bonus. Look for links, an ideal item has a 5R linked item(that is rareish though) because you can link Ground Slam+Life Leech+Added Fire+Added Melee+Life Gain on hit(and later swapping some stuff out for things like faster attacks or more aoe or stuff, or mana leech or blood magic if you have mana problems).

Lots of little things you can do, but nothing that says your character should be written off.

Jenos,

Thank you for the feedback. I'm going to have to edit my original post and fix the tree. I already have RESOLUTE TECHNICIAN, I rushed it fairly early.

For my skills, I NEVER use sweep. It's just sitting in my gems to level up. My primary attack skill is Ground Slam. I would love to put life on hit gems in it, but at my level and with the gems I have in Ground Slam now, it's DPS is only 650. This simply can't kill things fast enough on merciless to prevent me from getting swarmed, or even kite efficiently.

For the most part, I drop warlords mark to try to get my endurance charges, I don't even know what enduring cry is, so I will look into that as well.

I do not not not want to ever take the Blood Magic passive, as I love Determination and Vitality aura, which require a % of mana reserve, or in my case, a *massive* chunk of life I were to use BM.

I'll keep trying to search for weapons, too. I wanted to see how far behind my gear was. Thanks for the input.

Kasperbrah: As far as I knew, the Karui CHopper is an axe, and can not be used with ground slam, so that is out the window.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABLMFLQ6tFE0Y2xkuIWAn7SkuKaU6Uj38QKBDnFBQVElYY18_YEt07XTxeu98uIzPnrmezaIApzC53cbY1I_nUu8O8i_2SPe-FCBQRxiRyZimZA_MDjysqnKpfNlZ88AakFWnhBo47DhX4jKJd-Xfv1uv3Q38xWegh3ZKfdIhVw3ZYeSt3sGGYFYEYVJgiCi1704=

get the immune to stun next lvl and then slaughter from the templar tree

and where the fuck is your MORE melee physical support gem?

just link ground slam - more melee physical- added fire - weapon elemental, and spam it with blood magic
Last edited by Assur on Feb 9, 2013, 3:52:18 PM
you didn't get resolute technique, which I think for melee is a must. You also have access to two 12% life nodes below blood drinker which are a staple of all marauder builds. I think going to the center of the tree isn't efficient.

Same points, better build imo:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAecCcQSzBS0OrRQgFE0Y2xkuGjghYCftKLUpLimlNug6UjrYPfxAoEOcSn1N2FBHUFBUSVYEVw1YY1nzW69fP2BLYIhhUmegcql07XTxeu98uHzZgW-GYId2jHaMz5AKkFWePJ65ns2fy6IApzCnhKyqud3AGsbY0iHUj9lh3Q3nUuw47w7vTvAf8i_2SPe-_MU=

Also, I'd drop sweep it's an inherently risky skill which kills most people who try to use it.

Edit: also drop vitality and pick up grace. Could say more but at least that's a start.
Last edited by davep1 on Feb 9, 2013, 3:41:08 PM
My marauder is level 63. Like you, my gear sucks. I'm still using 2 blues because they're the best 4L items I could find. I just hit act 3 on Merciless. I deviated from the cookie cutter builds by taking dps nodes because my gear sucks and I wasn't killing things very quickly. Here's my build (temporarily missing Blood Drinker, will pick it up again next level). I kill fairly quickly.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0UcRkuGjghAiFVIWAn7Si1KS4q9jIJOQ46UjrYPfxAoEE_TdhQR1BQUeZUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJyqXTtdPF673uMfLh82YFvhmCMdozPkFWcJ548nrmezZ_LoJ2iAKZkpzCnhKyqtC-53cAaxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd-_51LsOO4U7w7vTvIv8932SA==

Your weapon needs to be upgraded. Here's mine for a comparison:

My two main skills are :
- Heavy Strike linked with Melee Physical Damage, Life Gain on Hit and Added Fire Damage
- Ground Slam linked with Melee Physical Damage, Life Gain on Hit and Weapon Elemental Damage

You need to get Enduring Cry, it helps a bit with getting pummeled.

What are your resists and hp? You have to have as close to max resists as possible or you'll get eaten. I've got 66 Fire, 80 Cold, 80 Lightning, and can do 80/80/80 with a quick ring switch.
"
hamsterzen wrote:
My marauder is level 63. Like you, my gear sucks. I'm still using 2 blues because they're the best 4L items I could find. I just hit act 3 on Merciless. I deviated from the cookie cutter builds by taking dps nodes because my gear sucks and I wasn't killing things very quickly. Here's my build (temporarily missing Blood Drinker, will pick it up again next level). I kill fairly quickly.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEswUtDjwPzBQgFE0UcRkuGjghAiFVIWAn7Si1KS4q9jIJOQ46UjrYPfxAoEE_TdhQR1BQUeZUSVYEVw1YY1nzXz9gS2CIYVJyqXTtdPF673uMfLh82YFvhmCMdozPkFWcJ548nrmezZ_LoJ2iAKZkpzCnhKyqtC-53cAaxtjJmNIh1I_ZYd-_51LsOO4U7w7vTvIv8932SA==

Your weapon needs to be upgraded. Here's mine for a comparison:

My two main skills are :
- Heavy Strike linked with Melee Physical Damage, Life Gain on Hit and Added Fire Damage
- Ground Slam linked with Melee Physical Damage, Life Gain on Hit and Weapon Elemental Damage

You need to get Enduring Cry, it helps a bit with getting pummeled.

What are your resists and hp? You have to have as close to max resists as possible or you'll get eaten. I've got 66 Fire, 80 Cold, 80 Lightning, and can do 80/80/80 with a quick ring switch.

thats one of the worst builds i have ever seen

here's one better version of his build
Last edited by Assur on Feb 9, 2013, 4:07:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info