Is Melee Supposed to be #1?

"
lapiz wrote:
The problem though is that flicker, wb, vengeance, reckoning, will all break molten at some point. It is actually close to impossible to beat a good caster without flicker. Hence the only real counters are fire res overcap, spell block and phase acro combined with luck.

You would swap on a goddess scorned. I could imagine that a shield isn't too useful against a caster.
IGN: Beardedwizzard
ideally you can use a 4% spell block shield and a 4% spell block stone of lazhwar I suppose
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:
The problem though is that flicker, wb, vengeance, reckoning, will all break molten at some point. It is actually close to impossible to beat a good caster without flicker. Hence the only real counters are fire res overcap, spell block and phase acro combined with luck.

You would swap on a goddess scorned. I could imagine that a shield isn't too useful against a caster.

20-30% spell block is far from useless :P
Most of the quotes on how melee should play against a certain op thing are like these:

"dude you could swap to your 6 link bow and kill them with puncture"

"spell are easy to dealt with as a melee u just need to swap 5 peices of your gear and use a 2her or a staff instead of 1h shield and you are fine"

"that's easy man, I always keep 34 regrets and respec to a lightning trap build when facing molten shell"

How comes no casters or bow users has a melee swap gear in his inventory :))

If a build has to swap 4 pieces of gear to just have an abysmal chance to beat an op build, it simply means that build sucks.

Still waiting for your response to my first comment regarding nerfing daggers and block and acro before season 1.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Mar 20, 2015, 2:55:01 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:
Most of the quotes on how melee should play against a certain op thing are like these:

"spell are easy to dealt with as a melee u just need to swap 5 peices of your gear and use a 2her or a staff instead of 1h shield and you are fine"

"that's easy man, I always keep 34 regrets and respec to a lightning trap build when facing molten shell"

If a build has to swap 4 pieces of gear to just have an abysmal chance to beat an op build, it simply means that build sucks.

Still waiting for your response to my first comment regarding nerfing daggers and block and acro before season 1.

Amen
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"
lapiz wrote:
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
lapiz wrote:

20-30% spell block is far from useless :P

1 - 5 vs 1-3 chance to not die in a quarter second, given the law of averages you will still lose the match if the other player has any other methods of damage like bear traps and the like.

damage just needs to be toned down considerably. this whole meta around insta-poping players is not healthy.

there is no real fun to be had in a pvp scene that goes through 5 rounds in under 2 minutes especially when the queue times can be 5 - 20 minutes each. it simply does not take many rounds of that for people to do a little math and realize there are about a trillion more efficient methods of having fun out there in the universe.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 21, 2015, 12:27:30 PM
you act as if the players with spell block actually doesn't deal damage himself. A second more or less is a lot of time.

Also just drastically lowering damage across the board comes with a whole lot of balance problems and that will need fixing. Passive life regen will become too strong, running away will become too easy, chasing power of a lot of chars will become shit, life pots will need to be nerfed...but they cant nerf them cause that will affect pve too etc etc etc
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
Last edited by andkamen on Mar 21, 2015, 1:58:42 PM
"
andkamen wrote:
you act as if the players with spell block actually doesn't deal damage himself. A second more or less is a lot of time.

Also just drastically lowering damage across the board come with a hole lot of balance problems and that will need fixing. Passive life regen will become too strong, running away will become too easy, chasing power of a lot of chars will become shit, life pots will need to be nerfed...but they cant nerf them cause that will affect pve too etc etc etc

you mean to tell me that ggg who have already been able to give blanket nerfs to physical and blanket buffs (that were unwaranted) to elemental in the exclusive contect of pvp (might be outdate info)

cant also give a blanket nerf to damage and a blanket nerf to hp regen and pots? i am not talking about a 90% damage reduction here.

be reasonable.

plus potions have limited uses (unless surgeons but seriously surgeons was a mistake anyway.) sure there are some methods to gain charges in pvp , murder minions, you get some at the end of a round.
not to mention all of those immunity buffs potions give which are down right broken against certain built types. a chopping block for those would be nice too. total immunity against a mechanic is garbage balance anyway. it is just a band-aid to try to cover up more unbalanced mechanics.

hell one of the largest issues right now is all this complaining about EE, why? because its an unbalanced mechanic that doesn't have an immunity flask for it *YET*, pre band-aid mechanic right there

and lets face uncomfortable facts , those balance issues that may or may not manifest with my suggestion are probably still better than than the rather massive set of balance issues we already have.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 21, 2015, 1:26:39 PM
"
mephisto_n wrote:

I don't think anyone said any of those things...
IGN: Beardedwizzard
"
mrmagikboy wrote:
"
mephisto_n wrote:

I don't think anyone said any of those things...

indirectly
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info