Is Melee Supposed to be #1?

Ya but molten shell should be buffed lld too
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
"

Please keep the jokes to the joke thread. It's obvious molten shell should not be buffed, you're not helping anyone by trolling, being passive agressive or sarcastic.
I think the matter is not as simple as people make it out to be. There are so few players in poe pvp that its almost impossible to deduce anything out of the results.

In temp leagues there are only 2 good (close to unbeatable?) templar casters which Im sure everyone will recognize. Other templars arent even near their level. One could say that because of those two, casters are imbalanced at the moment. There are only a few characters (with very spesific setups) that have a chance against them in a bo7.

On the other hand on standard league, those 2 templars most likely arent the best build. There are a few builds that are even more suited to beating all matchups. One might say casters are not imbalanced there.

Its all about where we want the "true balance" to be. Its possible but its not nearly as easy to create a build that can beat those 2 casters as magikboy makes it out to be. They are extremely well rounded.

Again I'd like to remind there are sooooo few players. Decisions regarding balance are extremely hard or even impossible to make in my oppinion. Im not even sure if molten shell actually needs a nerf. At least myself I feel that its more than manageable already on my standard characters.

I loved tempest shield and block was supreme for me until the huge nerf my gears wasn't even worth 4EX. I could survive most of the time against high dmg builds with my 2.5k dps.

most of the ppl who are complaining are melee builds although they can easily got huge dmg with mirror weapons/unique.

While casters need to get good combination of skills/support gems / and good passive tree to stand to thier dmg // I am not the best PVP in the game but I am fan of it and I do not care to beat all players but I care to enjoy pvp. Destroying my old build because of nerf will encourage me try new path but keeping destroying every build due to ppl complains its not funny and leading ppl to quite pvp silently

Balance is a must but doesn't mean to nerf every body builds // another thing that GGG should consider creating new unique / item mod from masters should not effect the mechanics of pvp either offensive or defensive that will lead to Over Powered builds on account of normal competitive builds.

"
Fightgarr wrote:
Good post!

Honestly there isn't a single skill that I think is SO ridiculous right now that it actually needs a nerf. I've been really impressed with the build diversity in LLD events.

Having said that, melee does get hard-countered more than any other archetype. That's the main reason why I chose to play a hybrid build this season. If you go all-in on melee (or any other strategy for that matter), maybe it is fair if you get hard-countered by a few things. People shouldn't assume that any combination of only 1 or 2 skills will be able to beat any other combination of skills. (personally I never have enough skill slots to use all the skills I want!)

The quality of your posts is immaculate fightgarr. I really liked your build and always wanted to do something similar but u know me....lazy casual these dayz. I agree again, as always, with your post. Everything seems pretty well balanced, for the most part. I kinda wish mines weren't indestructible for 2.5 seconds within the same node as traps for Clever construction. Would be cool if people had to invest a little more into making CC smoke mines ; ).
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
Last edited by GrindcoreTHRALL on Mar 11, 2015, 6:28:15 AM
"
dzordzo wrote:
"

Please keep the jokes to the joke thread. It's obvious molten shell should not be buffed, you're not helping anyone by trolling, being passive agressive or sarcastic.

the odd thing is that any melee build can completely counter molten shell by converting their damage to elemental.

its part of the game to keep that kind of crap in your inventory.

i would agree that standard would change things up. once a guy i was talking in low level dueling with was wearing all bis gear and something like 80% over capped resists when he switched to goldrim which he used to counter ee ele weakness freezer players. and boy did he shit on them.

of-course he also has options to convert all his damage to elemental on the fly.

point being is that given certain skills and items combinations in the game , melee becomes over powered since you have things like flicker strike or stun immunity or knockback immunity.

there are so many ways to simply nullify whole mechanics that in the end many things can boil down to who hits hardest fastest.

you pretty much need things like puncture traps or bear traps to counter the more ridiculous setups.

but again such is the mature of high end play. defenses do NOT keep up with damage in this game.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Mar 19, 2015, 7:58:52 AM
The problem though is that flicker, wb, vengeance, reckoning, will all break molten at some point. It is actually close to impossible to beat a good caster without flicker. Hence the only real counters are fire res overcap, spell block and phase acro combined with luck.
"
lapiz wrote:
The problem though is that flicker, wb, vengeance, reckoning, will all break molten at some point. It is actually close to impossible to beat a good caster without flicker. Hence the only real counters are fire res overcap, spell block and phase acro combined with luck.

Yeah there's no way to 100% convert flicker and wb, and there's no way to catch a caster without those two.
pretty much the only ways to beat molten shell as melee are AoF, and phys to light with skills that convert 50% of your phys to elemental.. and of course without aof you cant use any closing in skill since as soon as you leap/flicker it will blow up in your face
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
In hld for Melee to be "decent" is to have some sort of ranged option (traps?/ea/pa etc) to deal with some ranged opponents.

Fine.

I'm good with that but I don't see casters / bow users switching to a melee option at melee range. So yea melee aint never going to be no. 1 and it won't have any real meaning on a competitive levEl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info