Any idea of alternativ end game content ?

"
Nubatron wrote:
As much as I hate the ulterior motives* of the endless dungeon ideas....

(*Ulterior motives = Easier Game ...faster leveling to 100, MOAR drops, etc.)

BS. There are no ulterior motives or 'easier game'. I'd enjoy playing such concept, even if it dropped no loot and gave no XP. Just for the sake of challenging my build, without having to worry about 'finances' of mapping.

-------------

Endless dungeon, that gives no XP and drops no usable loot, with the exception of account bound bragging trophies (eg: reached lvl X, killed Y mobs in Z time, defeated boss X with melee skill....)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
The thing I enjoy most about this game is making builds. So any content that encourages thinking about new builds is welcome.

+1 for the endless dungeon. MoC was amazing.
"
morbo wrote:
+1 for 'endless' dungeon

* always accessible (no BS frag farming)
* 1 portal, if you die, TP out or logout, you must restart
* either gives XP but no loot, or loot but no XP, to not be strictly better than mapping
* zone starts at lvl 70, increasing by 1 every 3 or so levels, going theoretically to 100, but something like 85 should already be impossible to beat
* each zone has a boss you have to kill, if you want to progress further
* the boss only spawns after you clear >50% of the zone
* possible fixed mods, Q bonus or XP gain bonus
* possible bonuses for fast clears / bonus for full clear

This is an idea that deserves to be considered by GGG.
IGN TylordRampage
Greater Rifts would be great.

I.e. timed challenges that test both your dps, survivability and movement.

It would also be a great tool for balancing: one would easily see which builds do far better than others and balance accordingly.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Mar 4, 2015, 2:21:38 PM
"
mazul wrote:

It would also be a great tool for balancing: one would easily see which builds do far better than others and balance accordingly.

Test? One shotting everything before it hits you is a test? I had no idea.
"
"
mazul wrote:

If builds in temporary leagues would 1-shot all levels of Greater Rift, then there is a balance issue of course :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
"
"
mazul wrote:

If builds in temporary leagues would 1-shot all levels of Greater Rift, then there is a balance issue of course :).

There already is but i dont want to get into that.
"
Grughal wrote:

No one running high level maps is there for loot.

As far as I know, GGG wants to increase the time it takes to get to level 100, not significantly reduce it.

Wrong and wrong! There are lots of people doing high level maps for loot (including me) and there are tons of people that quit poe every day because they feel unable to reach lvl. 100 (had at least 20 on my friendlist that quitted for that reason). If they make it harder to reach lvl. 100 even more casuals will quit. there is a reason why every successful onlinegame has become easier and easier year by year.

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
pvp is an alternative endgame give it a try
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info