Any idea of alternativ end game content ?

"
morbo wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:
No one running high level maps is there for loot.

As far as I know, GGG wants to increase the time it takes to get to level 100, not significantly reduce it.

Ok. High maps are for XP, endless dungeon for loot (gives no XP). GGG can even make lvl 100 harder by scaling the curve at lvl 90 -> 100. The average player doesn't care about lvl 100.

E:
Whatever this additional endgame activity is / will be, I hope it won't be pay-to-play as maps are.

Maps are not pay-to-play. Chain-running lvl 77+ maps is doable if you throw all your currency in that direction. GGG changed map drops because we are not supposed to chain-run lvl 77+ maps. So its working as intended (and it is a good thing really. Its supposed to be a challenge to reach lvl 100).
"
morbo wrote:
"
Grughal wrote:

As far as I know, GGG wants to increase the time it takes to get to level 100, not significantly reduce it.

Ok. High maps are for XP, endless dungeon for loot (gives no XP). GGG can even make lvl 100 harder by scaling the curve at lvl 90 -> 100. The average player doesn't care about lvl 100.

E:
Whatever this additional endgame activity is / will be, I hope it won't be pay-to-play as maps are.

Since when do you pay real money to play in maps?
"
Grughal wrote:

I run high(er) lvl maps for loot!
well also for xp, but the loot is at lest as important for me.

- only higer lvl maps are worth using chisel and fragments on it => more IIQ more loot
- in high lvl maps you find high ilvl stuff to use transmutations and alchemys and chances on it
- regal recipe
"
+1 for 'endless' dungeon

* always accessible (no BS frag farming)
* 1 portal, if you die, TP out or logout, you must restart
* either gives XP but no loot, or loot but no XP, to not be strictly better than mapping
* zone starts at lvl 70, increasing by 1 every 3 or so levels, going theoretically to 100, but something like 85 should already be impossible to beat
* each zone has a boss you have to kill, if you want to progress further
* the boss only spawns after you clear >50% of the zone
* possible fixed mods, Q bonus or XP gain bonus
* possible bonuses for fast clears / bonus for full clear

+10000000000 for this. Something with a bit of role quest sense and no more stupid map system.
"
azraelb wrote:

I run high(er) lvl maps for loot!
well also for xp, but the loot is at lest as important for me.

- only higer lvl maps are worth using chisel and fragments on it => more IIQ more loot
- in high lvl maps you find high ilvl stuff to use transmutations and alchemys and chances on it
- regal recipe

Sure, but if you want to stay running those higher level maps you're losing more currency than you're generating doing them unless you're a magician or get really lucky with some epic drop (like Volls or so?).

I think I average like 12c spent per 77/78 map if I want to maintain my pool.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
Maps are not pay-to-play.

You need to spend currency to play (challenging) content. That sounds like pay-to-play. It starts already at ~71, if you are building your own pool. Chis, alc, reroll with chaos... it gets progressively worse at 76+.

I'd like to just jump into monster slaying (with a penalty of either no XP or no loot), that is appropriate for my char level (chellenging), instead of worrying about my "budget mismanagment", "economic viability", "currency exchange" and "investment returns". lol... :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Mar 4, 2015, 8:04:07 AM

They already went the mmo way with the fucking dailies , why not adding more scripted fight like atziri and dominus (telegraphie/scripted)
As much as I hate the ulterior motives* of the endless dungeon ideas, I love the idea. I've always enjoyed similar implementations in other games.

(*Ulterior motives = Easier Game ...faster leveling to 100, MOAR drops, etc.)
"
ffogell wrote:

They already went the mmo way with the fucking dailies , why not adding more scripted fight like atziri and dominus (telegraphie/scripted)

there already were suggestions that they could include pvp into endgame by letting certain players (maybe as an award) play bosses or exiles for a certain timeframe.

no comment from ggg about it. i really would like to play atziri once.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Quest based system
Get any amount of quests per day, may only have 1 active at a time

Quest type:

Kill xxx named monster
Kill every monster in xxx map
Kill boss in xxx map/area
Kill xxx monster of your level or higher
Find xxx item

Could give random items/exp higher lvl you are more xxx added

This seems not that good cause it would be the same but at least you would have some goals to do while you do the same old thing

I like the endless dungeon idea

adding on to this just cause :D

* always accessible
* 1 portal, if you die, TP out or logout, you must restart
* zone starts at lvl 60 with monster of said level every level after the first adds +1 to level and monsters up to 100?
* must full clear each zone to spawn boss and boss must be killed before moving on?
* every level is randomized every mod on mobs/map all rarity of monster exiles etc... and you cannot reroll these you must do it or you must leave
* if you leave without a full clear/boss kill of the level your on you must wait xxx time before you can do it again
Last edited by Lynerus on Mar 4, 2015, 8:20:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info