White item challenge - How far will I get with only white items?

I'm currently challenging myself to see how far I can take a new character in the Torment league who only has white items, including flasks.

The character is a witch, but not a summoner and no totems.

To make it even harder, I'm playing solo self found, and only using items found by that character. I don't skip any content, do a full clear of most areas, and play all corrupted areas and strong boxes I encounter. I never Alt-F4, or use a log-out macro.

I made it through Normal with only 4 deaths, 3 of them to Dominus.

How far do you think I can get before I hit the wall and can't progress anymore?
Can you guess what kind of build I'm using?

Spoiler
I'll post my build and items after I've seen a few guesses.
Hint: Guessing without looking at my character list means you didn't try very hard...

And [Abimilech] went to his father’s house at Ophrah and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, seventy men, on one stone. Judges 9:5 (English Standard Version)
You didn't mention recipes, e.g. wands etc...

Edit: Sounds like a fun distraction. I'm guessing Flameblast.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Mar 4, 2015, 12:58:49 AM
All the recipes I know of change the item to not be white anymore.
I do add quality to armour and flasks, since that doesn't add any magical mods.
My favorite orb is the Scouring orb, so I can remove stats from an item and make it white :).
And [Abimilech] went to his father’s house at Ophrah and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, seventy men, on one stone. Judges 9:5 (English Standard Version)
you're right, my bad. Somehow I was thinking blue and under.
The only problem I can really see you having is that you cant have a staunching potion.

Do master mods added to a white item make it magic?
It's a fun challenge, but I usually do whites and blues just because it makes it possible, but I also only play hardcore so if you're going to play on Torment I guess you'll eventually bruteforce your way through the game eventually.

Furthest I've gone with white items only and no passive points spent was Act 2 where I died trying to do Weaver. With passive points, it probably wouldn't be too hard to get to Act 3, but the bleed, resistance requirements, and fast mobs will be extremely difficult. If you overlevel by a lot and get really good 4L setups including life leech/LGoH as well as the CWDT build, Act 3 might be possible, and then Act 1 Cruel wouldn't be that bad until Merveil.
"
TRV wrote:
Do master mods added to a white item make it magic?

Yes.
doesnt sound like very much fun. no movespeed instant turn off.

first thing i do is make MS boots when new toon/league starts. game way to slow otherwise.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 4, 2015, 2:38:47 AM
You're using totems? And Flameblast ofc.

I'm sure you can make it to merciless Act3, but than you'll hit the wall.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

first thing i do is make MS boots when new toon/league starts. game way to slow otherwise.

Youre such a movespeed elitist.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Agreed. I gimp my builds just to get more move speed. I can't imagine having none. God, so painful.

I'd need to carry 5 white quicksilvers.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info