White item challenge - How far will I get with only white items?

dunno, piety crematorium (normal)?
Second-class poe gamer
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
doesnt sound like very much fun. no movespeed instant turn off.

Yes, that is a challenge. I carry 1 quality Quicksilver flask and use it constantly. Also, Lightning Warp helps quite a bit, once I found it.

"
Wazz72 wrote:
You're using totems? And Flameblast ofc.

No totems. I do have Flameblast, but it's on my alternate weapon set, so I only use it occasionally.

I prefer glass cannon builds, so my usual build is based on flameblast and searing bond. I realized that probably won't work as well with this character, as I have very little health and low elemental resist. I needed a hard hitting offense that also mitigates damage taken.

So, I went with an ice build. My primary attacks are Freezing Pulse and Ice Spear. No totems.

My armour is all evasion/energy shield. You can get more Energy shield on items than you can health, so I take energy shield nodes on the passive tree, and skip the health nodes (increased % of nothing is still nothing).

I am currently level 53, in the Barracks in Cruel. Only had a few real challenges in Cruel, mostly Rogue Exiles. Careful rotation of rings and flasks helps. Constant equipment checks :).

Here is my build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCB6UI9A2NDkgQWBEvEZYbJRzcH8ci9CepKworeCycLYsyND1fQZZCS0SrSbJMs1AwUlNVrlcrXfJfKmNDakNsC20ZdFV2EX5Zf8aCEIXFh2WPppUEl_Sus6-btve9gsBU0PXZW9te34rfsN--6QLr5PLh_rM=

And here are my current items:
Spoiler

Alternate weapons:

Using Power Charges built up with Freezing Pulse is what's made this build possible in Act 3 Cruel.

It's actually been a lot of fun to play, since it's never easy. I don't know how far I'll get in Merciless. Merveil could be an issue, we'll see.

Edit: I think this is helping too:
Found that in Cruel Mud Flats.
And [Abimilech] went to his father’s house at Ophrah and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, seventy men, on one stone. Judges 9:5 (English Standard Version)
Last edited by Abimilech on Mar 4, 2015, 9:09:06 AM
meh no hardcore no interest.....
I dont see any any key!
I'm surprised you're not going for an aura build. It's the easiest way to cover defences with zero gear in Merciless.

"
k1rage wrote:

I'll try it in hardcore next. I needed some experience with the build to see how it worked before I tried hardcore, and I didn't want to get dumped into Standard and have access to my Standard stash.

I did make it to Dominus in Normal before I had my 1st death.

"
Zed_ wrote:
I'm surprised you're not going for an aura build. It's the easiest way to cover defences with zero gear in Merciless.

I'm leveling Discipline in the hopes I can get enough mana reduction to use it in Merciless. I still need to run Purity of Elements and Clarity and don't currently have enough mana to use Discipline.
And [Abimilech] went to his father’s house at Ophrah and killed his brothers the sons of Jerubbaal, seventy men, on one stone. Judges 9:5 (English Standard Version)
Last edited by Abimilech on Mar 4, 2015, 10:14:04 AM
"
k1rage wrote:

Meh, too much elitist, opinion is invalid anyways...
You will get to Act 3 Merc. Kill Dominuss (ok, 1000+ death?)

This is one of kind of challenge that I can try when bored to next patch :)

Good luck :)
Use a independant scaling skill.

Preferably one of the following.

explosive arrow

poison arrow

searing bond

You get the idea.

Then pick up all life + resist from the tree, utilize elemental aura's to counter certain zones.

Enter maps in roughly 10 hours +- of gameplay.

Have fun.

(can be done without deads btw)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Play a caster, you don't even need any gear, you could play naked.

Melee is way harder.
"
RockGod wrote:
Play a caster, you don't even need any gear, you could play naked.
Actually you can't. Exiles are no Gemlings :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info