6 Linking

"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Idioticus wrote:

Tedious is not synonymous to hard.

In invasion, I farmed lunaris 3 and made about 40 exalts worth of currency in less than a month (soul taker sold for 25ex, an eternal orb, four exalts and a couple of 1-3ex uniques here and there).

Tedious is also not synonymous with luck.

You could run that again and if no eternal dropped, and no 4 exalts dropped and that soul taker was instead a Karui Ward you could still be farming.

You are rolling dice you hit snake eyes others are not so fortunate.

Yes, rng is luck based for good rolls and drops. My point is still an assumption based on what Chris said -- a 6-link is an end-game item. In my opinion, I have achieved end-game status and I have no 6-link; and in my opinion it is essential for me to have a 6-link to experience the end-game content (a 6-link is not essential for some builds). I've never even seen an eternal. I've had 2 exalts drop this league. The previous 3, zip: the prior one to that 7. However, exalts were not termed end-game items by Chris and have to be either bought or found. Crafting whites is another matter entirely. And I'm talking about crafting whites, which in my opinion should be a normal part of the game and not a one-off for 5 leagues (for me) and never for many.
"Share information to increase knowledge."
"... to distinguish Nature from Custom, or that which is established because it is right, from that which is right only because it is established." Samuel Johnson
Crafting in this game is absurd. What with the rarity of the required orbs, I can't imagine why anyone would ever do it. If crafting an end game rare item required about the same level of investment as crafting a 6 linked item, then I could understand people trying to do it. But crafting an end game rare requires probably a hundred or a thousand times more investment than crafting a 6 linked item. It's stupid, straight up stupid.
Last edited by HoneyBadGerMan on Mar 3, 2015, 9:17:41 PM
I let other ppl 6L and have dozen. Paid 20-75ex... how I get those exalts is certainly not by playing found 3 exalts total my time here but flipping alts then chaos then GCPs then gems then lvl 4 empowers...

Basically I dont play RNG or farm.

Learned with D3 AH farming is a waste of relative time. Same goes here.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Mar 3, 2015, 9:49:57 PM
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Idioticus wrote:

In invasion, I farmed lunaris 3 and made about 40 exalts worth of currency in less than a month (soul taker sold for 25ex, an eternal orb, four exalts and a couple of 1-3ex uniques here and there).

You could run that again and if no eternal dropped, and no 4 exalts dropped and that soul taker was instead a Karui Ward you could still be farming.

I was pointing out that it's not hard to get a 6L. Nowhere did I say tedious is synonymous to luck.
If I had less luck back then, I would have had to compensate for it with more repetition, hence the "gated behind RNG and repetition"-part.

Anyone can farm lunaris 3, even with relatively shitty gear. Eventually you'll farm enough money to craft a 6L through vorici or outright fuse-spam on your favorite item.

My point is simple:
People say getting a 6L should be hard, and that's why it requires so many fuses to get. But people forget that it's not hard to earn money from easy content, all it takes is time and luck. All this means that GGG needs to come up with a way to obtain a 6L that's actually indicative of one's reaching the endgame.
"
Idioticus wrote:
"
Hunt8722 wrote:
"
Idioticus wrote:

I was pointing out that it's not hard to get a 6L. Nowhere did I say tedious is synonymous to luck.
If I had less luck back then, I would have had to compensate for it with more repetition, hence the "gated behind RNG and repetition"-part.

Anyone can farm lunaris 3, even with relatively shitty gear. Eventually you'll farm enough money to craft a 6L through vorici or outright fuse-spam on your favorite item.

My point is simple:
People say getting a 6L should be hard, and that's why it requires so many fuses to get. But people forget that it's not hard to earn money from easy content, all it takes is time and luck. All this means that GGG needs to come up with a way to obtain a 6L that's actually indicative of one's reaching the endgame.

Your point is you want a free 6 link when someone does this or that. Whether its atziri, uber atziri, some other map boss or simply reaching XX level, that is both unacceptable and a terrible idea. I personally think 6 linking is working as intended, it no longer HAS to be purely RNG. You can save up and get one, eventually. It shouldn't and doesn't matter the method of acquiring one.

6 links should be optional for 99.99% of the builds in the game, with around an estimated ~30% dps increase from having a 6th link that should be rewarding to those that get it, but make no mistake if your build requires a 6 link to work you will have to shell out or grind out for it.

Your essentially complaining about RNG and you were blessed with it by finding a soul taker. I probably have 2 or 3 times the total playtime that you have and have YET to find a single item worth more then 8ex, yet I still have a 6 link shavs. Hard to obtain through repeatedly grinding is still technically hard as it takes patience.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
^Goetz is right that 6L is working fine as is, especially with Vorici recipe.

As I've posted in a few places, my major worry if 6 linking was made easier is that the value of 6L items would crash, with all kinds of economic consequences. Currently, there's way too big of a gap between mirrored gear prices and other items, but I'm not sure if devaluing 6Ls would really fix this... or it would create a new problem, like mirrors being worth more than any item despite the crazy rare drop rate.
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Saying 6L should be endgame doesn't mean it should be near impossible to get without spending 1200-1500 fuse. 1500 is nearly 40ex in current temp league, closer to 50ex at league start. That's ridiculous.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be difficult, but it doesn't have to be that difficult. It's also symptomatic of the biggest issue that plagues this game: They have this awesome crafting currency system, but most people will never get to use anything higher than a Divine on their gear because the rarity is so out of control. It's no wonder botters, dupers, and RMTers have a field day with games like this.
I agree - it's definitely a problem when the crafting system is basically inaccessible to the vast majority of players. It shouldn't be easy to craft great gear, but nobody crafts ANYTHING at this point (besides changing sockets/links/colors) with the current orb rarity. Is that what GGG intended? Zero crafting except for the most amazing, godly gear? If so, I'm not sure I understand why.

Anyway, might be a topic for a different thread :)
We're all in this leaky boat together, people.
Another thing that pervades these "tone it down a touch" threads, is the sense of scale gets way out of whack. If you use a standard 1-10 rating for things, the difficulty of getting a 6L is at 10 right now. People asking for it to be brought down to 8 or 9 isn't going to crash the economy or ruin anything about the game overall. It just makes them a little more accessible. That would probably be more healthy for the game. However, some people (like Goetzjam) freak out any time someone wants things to be even the slightest bit easier, and exaggerate the outcome, claiming people want the difficulty to be 0 or 1 when that isn't the case at all. If someone is opposed to bringing it down just a notch or two, that's fine, but at least provide an honest explanation that isn't just knee-jerk overreaction.
It isn't hard to get a 6L, it is not needed to have a 6L, if you decide to grind for a 6L you can do it with 1.5k fuse, you can gamble for 6L, making it easier wouldn't be a good thing, it'd remove the feeling of an achievement from it. Also you can'r just make it easier to link with fuses, you'd have to change vorici prices -> 6Ling corrupt items becomes cheaper, here we go +1 maxres chests.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info