[2.5] Shams Beserker 2h Mace Groundslam Build 200K Dps Atziri, U-Lab

"
memberx wrote:
really hope someone will update this build, there are some buffs for mele builds coming...

thx

Hoping along, fingers crossed x)
I wonder how Melee Splash will be buffed:

Melee Splash (Substantially Buffed)
Melee Splash has been increased in many ways - dealing more damage, having a larger base range, not penalising primary damage, and growing in size as it levels. This should make skills like Heavy Strike, Viper Strike, Glacial Hammer and Infernal Blow more tempting choices to support and use as area skills.

It would be nice to use only Heavy Strike as single and multi target weapon. I have 70k dps with GS which deals 103% of base damage, but HS deal 180% of base damage. We could get substantially higher dps this way.

updated to 2.1

Enjoy sham
I made some tests today with the new tree.

2.1. brought us some buffs, specially because now we don't have to use blood magic gem.

I changed 18/20 weapon ele dmg gem with 20/20 added fire dmg, because with added fire gem the dps were 5k higher (without buffs).

I also have Helm 3 Linked (Cast When Damage Taken-Molten Shell-Life Leech) and i always manualy start Blood rage because its auto repeated when we hit sth

I don't really understand why we should have Chest 5 linked with Endurance Charge on Melee Stun gem. Because ob Blasphemy we can now keep endurance charges up whole time, so there is no need for Endurance Charge on Melee Stun gem.

If you have 6 socket chest with 5 links, i would take gems from the boots and give them into the chest and add blasphemy and warlord's Mark. So the link is Level 3 Enlighten-Hatred-Herald Of Ash-Blasphemy-Warlord's Mark. Summon Flame Golem is in the 6th socket.

Would that work, so that enlighten lowers the mana reserved for Haterd, HoA and Blasphemy?

Blood Magic-Leap Slam-Faster Attacks-Fortify are linked in the boots.

Now the DPS:

GROUND SLAM lvl 19/20 (Added fire damage-Ground Slam-Multistrike-Con Effects-Faster Attacks-Melee Phys Damage)

GS NO BUFFS

GS BUFFS (flame golem, 3 frenzy charges (always up bacause of blood rage, atziri's flask)

HEAVY STRIKE lvl 18/20 (Added fire damage-Heavy Strike-Multistrike-Weapon elemental damage-Faster Attacks-Melee Phys Damage)

HS NO BUFFS

HS BUFFS (flame golem, 3 frenzy charges (always up bacause of blood rage, atziri's flask)

Last edited by memberx on Dec 14, 2015, 2:06:45 PM
hello memberx

First off all thanks for all the info you gave me.

-I just replaced the weapon ele dmg gem with add fire and your right its more dps, so i like it a lot.

-I took Endurance Charge on Melee Stun because warlord only gives charges when the enemy is slain. but to be honest your right its better to use the 5 link for the auras, the benefit is a lot higher.

-For the 5 link aura it works just tested enlighten-blasphemy-warlords and the mana reserved was lower.

gj m8

sham

I've also tried 5 linking the auras and its perfect. Before i had 79 free mana (which was enough because of warlord's mark and mana leech) but now i have 123 free mana, which is more than enough.

Now we have 2 free sockets in gloves, what do you suggest to add. CWDT lvl 5 and Immortal call lvl 7 is a must. I would add 20/20 increased duration (linked). What about the last socket? Maybe vaal haste?

Thx, i'll try Atziri with this build since my incinerate totem build was nerfed.

Last edited by memberx on Dec 15, 2015, 10:05:43 AM
I'm also working on perfecting the changes to the build.

I'd left out blood rage for a while after poor timing caused a few deaths.... I might put it back in now as a stand alone on a 3L. My previous setup was to link culling to the flame golem, on the premise that a 10% reduction in single target (boss/unique/rare) hp is almost as good as a 10% increase in dps. Blood rage would obviously be better for trash, especially considering much higher leech is on trash packs.

I dont like the idea of giving up the 5L for auras though. We need some way of generating the defensive buffs while on single target, and I like to keep faster attacks linked in so I can keep up everyone else that has FA linked with their move skill... I might give it a try though.

Haven't gotten an enlighten or speced up into the reduced reservations, so I've dropped HoA for now - still dropping BM and actually making full use of the 6L is quite the boost.

Since I like health a bit more than Sham, I'm trying to figure out a more optimal approach to specing into the mana nodes required to run the 3 auras. Following his current build would put me at ~500 less health. I'm considering dropping a a few damage nodes in order to acquire what it'll take to run HoA. I'm sitting at about 6500 hp right now though, I guess 6k might be enough....

Edit:

I just took a closer look at some of the tree, and it looks like Purity of Flesh is a good option to replace some 2x 5% hp nodes for 12% hp, 12% chaos, and 10 str. Its right across from Sovereignty and it'll help make up some of the hp lost by stretching out there.
Last edited by Jordred on Dec 16, 2015, 6:55:29 PM
Been working this build a bit more, I don't have the points to put into mana flows yet, but other than that Im currently exactly setup like you've suggested sham - and Im finding that the build is excellent 95% of the time but it falls flat and it fails hard on certain mobs or in certain conditions.

Relying on the curse for mana regen is a mistake I think, avoiding curseless maps is easy - but curse-less monsters are impossible to avoid. I find myself resorting to leap slam to kill atleast one pack in most maps. Not the end of the world but really annoying, also in fast paced group/party play - quite often things will die before you hits land. If the target is dead before the hit lands you are out of mana and it'll hiccup a bit until you can regen enough to start hitting and leeching again. I also had issue with high phys reduction targets- single target on a stone golem, for example, won't return quite enough mana back.

Specifically, I had issue maintaining mana against the Volcano totem boss. This was slightly a special case as I dropped Hatred to pick up purity of fire. Between the bosses damage reduction, the reduction in curse effectiveness on bosse AND the adds that kept warping away before my hits could leech, I was not able to sustain mana on the fight. I dropped the blasphemy and Warlords gems to fit in BM 20/20 and Clarity 9, this completely resolved the mana regen issue, the reservation was 126 HP.

Right now I'm trying to figure if its worth using clarity full time. I'm also looking for sources of non-curse mana leech either on the tree or on gear, seems like 1% would be easily enough if we dont have to deal with reductions in curse effectiveness (on bosses I think its 40%?). And, if we don't need warlords up full time for mana leech anymore, is there a better curse or can we drop blasphemy entirely and pull the 6 points out of reservation skills..... Not really sure.

Anyone have ideas?
hello jordred,

I'm atm playing hardcore and i had the same problem a couple of times.

I went in the tree to spirit void and it worked really well.

Some other solutions.

-Mana leech on gear
-More mana regen from tree + mana flask
-Put hatred or herald of ash off when you get a curse-less mob
-Put bloodmagic on when you get a curse-less mob
-If you don't have enough points skip mana reserved notes and go to spirit void bundle.
but that means you need to skip hoa.Without hoa the build is still more dps then the 2.0.
-There are jewels with mana reserved on them to.
-If you got a 5 link with leap slam replace leap slam with heavy strike+melee splash+blood magic.

The problem with blasphemy is, its to good in combo with warlord to skip

Its not only the leech that rocks, the endurance charges and the more stun is so good to survive.

gl sham

Last edited by Doomshamino on Dec 18, 2015, 6:53:48 AM
hello memberx

In hardcore i use the Chaos golem low level for the +3% phys dps reduction and he tanks really good.The problem then is you need to link the minion life gem to it.

So this 2 setups will work for the

low cwdt - immortal call-summon chaos golem- increased duration
cwdt - immortal call-summon chaos golem- minion life

Gl sham
Last edited by Doomshamino on Dec 18, 2015, 7:08:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info