IMPROVED TRADING.

INTRODUCTION
As we all know poe.xyz accounts for most of the trading happening in the game.

PROBLEM
-Seller is Offlnie
-Online , But AFK
-No b/o
-Guy changes his mind and doesn't want to sell it anymore
-Low balls and barganing
-Language issues ( very rare )

SOLUTION
In game trading window just like poe.xyz , where seller can leave the items he wishes to sell ( he has to leave the item in a certain tab , which means he can't use it ) with set b/o and consumer can buy it anytime without P2P trading.

CONS
Gear in use cannot be placed in it.

PROS
-Just like Stash tab , and guild tab GGG can sell more trade tabs , which will lead to some profit.
-Solves all the above mentioned problems.

I am not much of a gamer , but pretty sure this thing exists in many games.

PS:
I first saw it in a Android MMORPG called Arcane Legends.

Whatcha think ?
Last edited by sejwaldevansh on Mar 2, 2015, 6:00:21 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
GGG doesnt want to make an AH. The new trading system will come maybe with act 4 which comes sometime past april.
GGG actually used the sales pitch "support will be used to create a better trading system". Have not heard them talk about this recently though.

However I think I remember the following this being mentioned before:

a)There would be xyz type of web-site section where you can browse other peoples stuff for sale that they have specified a price for the item.
b) you would be able to buy the items even when both seller and buyer are offline qua forums. The item and currency transaction would be mechaniced qua aforementioned website.

But yeah - I think they are working for it as we speak since they have actually collected money for making it happen.

best
cudez
Who Are We? Where do we come from?
"
GGG doesnt want to make an AH. The new trading system will come maybe with act 4 which comes sometime past april.

"
Cudez wrote:
GGG actually used the sales pitch "support will be used to create a better trading system". Have not heard them talk about this recently though.

However I think I remember the following this being mentioned before:

a)There would be xyz type of web-site section where you can browse other peoples stuff for sale that they have specified a price for the item.
b) you would be able to buy the items even when both seller and buyer are offline qua forums. The item and currency transaction would be mechaniced qua aforementioned website.

But yeah - I think they are working for it as we speak since they have actually collected money for making it happen.

best
cudez

Thanks guys.
well lets hope they are working on it. :)
"
Cudez wrote:

actually ggg doesn't want players to be able to put buyout prices next to their items because it allows for automatization of trades in an offline trading system.

their idea is rather: somebody puts a item for sale and other players can find it and offer some currency/gear for it. seller decides about the best offer and chooses a deal.

the fact that people would find ways to specify expected buyout prices for their items out of ggg's control is what is preventing the introduction of the new trading system.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
"
Cudez wrote:

actually ggg doesn't want players to be able to put buyout prices next to their items because it allows for automatization of trades in an offline trading system.

their idea is rather: somebody puts a item for sale and other players can find it and offer some currency/gear for it. seller decides about the best offer and chooses a deal.

the fact that people would find ways to specify expected buyout prices for their items out of ggg's control is what is preventing the introduction of the new trading system.

lol, I suspected they might waste a couple years of dev time due to lack of foresight. Now, will they strip it down to be essentially useless so that people still use poe.trade buyout/online filters and messaging to conduct all trade?
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Cudez wrote:

About a week ago, less maybe the Q&A mentioned the trading, one of the podcasts this year mentioned the trading.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
b15h09 wrote:
"
geradon wrote:
"
Cudez wrote:

lol, I suspected they might waste a couple years of dev time due to lack of foresight. Now, will they strip it down to be essentially useless so that people still use poe.trade buyout/online filters and messaging to conduct all trade?

Why dont you just wait and see instead of trashing the whole thing before you know what it all includes?
"

Why dont you just wait and see instead of trashing the whole thing before you know what it all includes?

I've been waiting and seeing nothing for 2 years. I know how firmly GGG is against buyouts, and how hard they work to make trade inefficient. Asynchronous trading through the forums just means buyout bots. Which is a good thing, but not what GGG wants. So that leaves GGG with little choice but to make a shittier, less useful system than what's already in place via third parties, because PoE trade thrives on buyouts and the ability to get your item now. If you don't address those two points, then you've added nothing, and GGG does not want to address them.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
b15h09 wrote:
"

I've been waiting and seeing nothing for 2 years. I know how firmly GGG is against buyouts, and how hard they work to make trade inefficient. Asynchronous trading through the forums just means buyout bots. Which is a good thing, but not what GGG wants. So that leaves GGG with little choice but to make a shittier, less useful system than what's already in place via third parties, because PoE trade thrives on buyouts and the ability to get your item now. If you don't address those two points, then you've added nothing, and GGG does not want to address them.

Trading with poe.trade works for now, why should they rush the new trading system? It might not be as easy to implement and create it as you think. Its not that they work to make in inefficient, its more like the players are bad at using the tools given.

Sure, i would love an AH but thats just not what GGG wants, so i make due with what they give me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info