Resistance values in wiki

"
CAHelix wrote:
The way mods of certain item levels effect [sic] the actual required level of the item I have a hard time understanding.

It seems to be based on how many high ilvl mods an item has on it but it's hard to predict, pain in the ass when trying to craft LLD gear.

I'm not sure what "LLD gear" but the level requirement for any item is determined by either the highest level requirement among the modifiers that are applied to the item or the base level requirement for that item, which ever is highest. (If I am not understanding your question/issue, PM me and I will try to help, if I can.)
"
Ladderjack wrote:
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
There are some same name prefix but different values in different item type.

You can check my site for better values: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php

The values on this site reflect the wiki. The values found both at this link and the wiki are wrong.

Could you show a exmple that link is wrong?
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
Could you show a exmple that link is wrong?

Well, as an example, this data is wrong. All of the twisties that have information on resistances have the wrong level requirements. Compare them to my earlier post or any low level piece of gear with a resistance mod and you will see the issue.

But to be clear, this seems to be consistent across all of the data on your site. This is probably because the values were pulled from the wiki when the level requirement values were correct and they have changed since then. You're going to see this on every type of item because resistances can spawn on any type of item.

Now the big question: what are the correct values? Not sure. . .I am (and, I hope I can say "we are") still looking for those values. I am confident that the level requirement values I listed in the seventh post in this thread are accurate up through the fifth tier for fire/cold/lightning and probably through the third tier for resist chaos and resist all. However, I would ask the community to pitch in on tracking down those values. (Although most of what I see in this community on the forums these days is internet tough guys whining about the meta and bitching about any little change GGG makes to the game, causing people to feel like they have to build another toon when those people are really just interested in taking the shortest route to the current unbalanced combo so they can feel like big shots, people who don't really love this game for what it is. . .but I digress.)
Last edited by Ladderjack on Mar 3, 2015, 10:54:52 AM
"
Ladderjack wrote:
I've done some research on this subject over the past day and determined a few things. First of all, . .

"
Additionally, affixes with a certain required item level only raise the required equip level of the item to some fraction of the required item level of the affix.

This is absolutely wrong. If a piece of gear has an affix and the value falls into a range, the level requirement is static if the affix is the highest aspect with a level requirement for that piece of gear. There is no gradient level requirement system.

Second, the resistances are largely the way they have been. The only change that has occurred is to the level requirements. I have a partial (and probably inaccurate) listing of the new level requirements, based in cursory research:

Actually that is correct.

of the Salamander is ilvl 12

When the item level requirement of the mod is higher than the base item the level requirement is only increased by 80% of the mod. In this case 80% of item level 12, it seems to truncate rather than round.
That can be seen on this item http://poe.trade/search/isiyokamarihot "Elreon's Iron Ring of the Salamander" 12*.8 = lv 9
http://poe.trade/search/anohitonakigoh "Elreon's Iron Ring of the Drake" 24*.8 = lv19

The PoE site also has prefix and suffix data
http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/prefixmod
http://www.pathofexile.com/item-data/suffixmod
First of all, allow me to be the first to say: I was wrong about some stuff. I can admit that. . .someone told me that being able to admit you're wrong is about being mature or whatever. . .and then they stole all my Go-Bots and I think they're a poop-nose but that was a long time ago. Anyways, my bad.

Second topic: why does the math matter? I'm sincerely asking that and want to understand why to would matter because I'm probably missing something here. But, for the sake of illustration, lets talk about the "of the Salamander" suffix in the following examples. . .

Under the current system, with the 80% reduction for items below the mod level requirement
- a base level 7 item and modifier level requirement is 12: level requirement 9 (from modifier)
- a base level 8 item and modifier level requirement is 12: level requirement 9 (from modifier)
- a base level 9 item and modifier level requirement is 12: level requirement 9 (from modifier or item, doesn't matter)
- a base level 10 item and modifier level requirement is 12: level requirement 10 (from item)
- a base level 11 item and modifier level requirement is 12: level requirement 11 (from item)

Under a different system, where we use the highest of the two level requirements without any adjustment and the modifier level requirements are 80% of their values in the actual system, rounded down:
- a base level 7 item and modifier level requirement is 9: level requirement 9 (from modifier)
- a base level 8 item and modifier level requirement is 9: level requirement 9 (from modifier)
- a base level 9 item and modifier level requirement is 9: level requirement 9 (from modifier or item, doesn't matter)
- a base level 10 item and modifier level requirement is 9: level requirement 10 (from item)
- a base level 11 item and modifier level requirement is 9: level requirement 11 (from item)

As you can see, regardless of what the system is "under the hood" for getting the number, they have the same values and, it would appear, for the same reasons so my question is this: what am I missing that would have us list a higher and arguably useless number on the wiki?

(There are a lot of angry people who love to argue out there and they can really be antagonistic turds. . .I'm not trying to be one of those right now. I really expect that I am missing something here so. . .help me learn something. I love this game and want to know how it works and why. I also want the wiki to be useful.)
Last edited by Ladderjack on Mar 3, 2015, 4:03:42 PM
The current ilvl requirements are the way they are probably because that is how GGG wanted to gate those mods. Prior to strongboxes maps would have be the only way to get something with a Tyrannical mod. With the changes you are suggesting the mod would start appearing as early as Merciless Tidal Island.

The wiki has to list the correct numbers because those requirements determine the earliest zone that the mod can drop from.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info