Resistance values in wiki

These resistance values in the Gamepedia wiki for Path of Exile don't look right to me. I have items with lower level requirements than these ranges would indicate. Am I not understanding how these ranges work or are these values outdated and irrelevant?
Last edited by Ladderjack on Feb 28, 2015, 1:55:44 PM
The levels in the table are the item levels required. The item level of the item is based on the level of the monster that dropped it and is unrelated to the required level of the base type. Additionally, affixes with a certain required item level only raise the required equip level of the item to some fraction of the required item level of the affix.
Those values are for item level, not level requirement.
"
Additionally, affixes with a certain required item level only raise the required equip level of the item to some fraction of the required item level of the affix.

This is what I need to know more about. From the game wiki, it would appear that the system works as follows:

- An item won't have affixes assigned to it unless is it of an itemlevel that is equal to or higher than the level requirement for that affix.

- If an item has a resistance affix that falls within a given range, that item will carry at least the level requirement (not itemlevel) for that range's corresponding level (per the table linked above), if not a higher level requirement for some other more potent affix.

- An item won't have more than one affix of the exact same type.

If these are all true, then if, say, a ring has a Fire Resistance of 32% and no other affixes that have a higher level requirement, I would expect that ring to have a level requirement of 48. But I have tons of rings that break this pattern so this is clearly not correct.

So, either the ranges are no longer valid due to GGG tinkering with the ranges over time and the good people who maintain the wiki not catching it yet, or I'm misunderstanding something (in which case I think the wiki should be amended to be clearer on the subject).

So, can anyone elaborate on the quoted statement at the top of this post? . .because that may be at the heart of any misunderstanding I'm having.
since we're talking about the wiki, I'd like to point out that the AOE page is out of date

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/AoE

Glacial Cascade isn't even listed, and its probably not the only one
Yeah, the great thing about wiki pages, anyone can just fix them if they're wrong.
I've done some research on this subject over the past day and determined a few things. First of all, . .

"
Additionally, affixes with a certain required item level only raise the required equip level of the item to some fraction of the required item level of the affix.

This is absolutely wrong. If a piece of gear has an affix and the value falls into a range, the level requirement is static if the affix is the highest aspect with a level requirement for that piece of gear. There is no gradient level requirement system.

Second, the resistances are largely the way they have been. The only change that has occurred is to the level requirements. I have a partial (and probably inaccurate) listing of the new level requirements, based in cursory research:

Fire
Of the Whelpling: 0
Of the Salamander: 9
Of the Drake: 19
Of the Kiln: 28
Of the Furnace: 38
Of the Volcano: 48
Of the Magma: ???

Cold
Of the Inuit: 0
Of the Seal: 11
Of the Penguin: 20
Of the Yeti: 30
Of the Walrus: 40
Of the Polar Bear: 56
Of the Ice: ???

Lightning
Of the Cloud: 0
Of the Squall: 10
Of the Storm: 20
Of the Thunderhead: 29
Of the Tempest: 39
Of the Maelstrom: 48
Of the Lightning: ???

All
Of the Crystal: 9
Of the Prism: 19
Of the Kaleidoscope: 28
Of the Variegation: 40
Of the Rainbow: 52

Chaos
Of the Lost: 12
Of Banishment: 24
Of Eviction: 35
Of Expulsion: 45
Of Exile: ???

So, if anyone can provide values for missing and/or inaccurate level requirements, we can update at least the resistances on the wiki for the good of mankind and all that happy shit. Thanks.
There are some same name prefix but different values in different item type.

You can check my site for better values: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php
The way mods of certain item levels effect the actual required level of the item I have a hard time understanding.

It seems to be based on how many high ilvl mods an item has on it but it's hard to predict, pain in the ass when trying to craft LLD gear.
"
ChuanHsing wrote:
There are some same name prefix but different values in different item type.

You can check my site for better values: http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php

The values on this site reflect the wiki. The values found both at this link and the wiki are wrong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info