Online/Offline Trading "in-game"

I'm not yet sold on GGG's thoughts of not allowing buyouts, but if that's a thing they want to hold tight to, then it would completely break your idea.

I have felt that we could implement a trade like system with fixed pricing if we only give a player a randomized 1-2 stash tabs to see at any 1 time. This is RNG of what you see. Some people would ask for gouging prices, and other for ridiculously low prices. Therefore, the experience would feel like gambling, and you'd be excited to check what you current got in your personalized "store". This would be interact-able through a Trade/Black-Market Master, and the items could change every hour or 2 hours.

The advantage is that since you can only see a silver of the market, you can now have fixed prices without the regular concerns. And therefore, you can also now enjoy immediate gratification.

Essentially this is similar to how regular vendors and master vendors work, it's just that the items presented are randomly chosen from the entire market of players.

The algorithm could intentionally try to choose at least 1 unique items, and at least 1 rare, and some currency, and also a couple items for being cheap, mid price, or high priced, with the remainder grabbed completely randomly. Notice that for every player, a specific unique selection would be grabbed from the entire market. The cheapest algorithm to implement time wise would be completely random, but such could be later improved.

Even if you also allow an asynchronous offer system for other items, such would never provide immediate gratification, and thus there would always be room for both (meaning demand for immediate gratification.)

How do you shuffle items? You only allow purchasing for the first n minutes of the period (such as the first 100 minutes of a 120 minute period.) Then you have time to have sales settled and committed, and a window to shuffle before items are again ready to be bought. This might help with crashing instance exploits, where sales can be check and verified and synchronized among instances.

Whole stash tabs would be flagged as for sale, and prices set per-item. Setting a tab as for-sale means it cannot be interacted with. To get the tab as intractable again, you have to flag it as "take tab off market (when available)". Only after the shuffle and synchronization will the tab be "returned" and again usable, as a means of removing exploits.
Last edited by DragonsProphecy on Feb 27, 2015, 12:42:34 PM
"
I'm not yet sold on GGG's thoughts of not allowing buyouts, but if that's a thing they want to hold tight to, then it would completely break your idea.

I have felt that we could implement a trade like system with fixed pricing if we only give a player a randomized 1-2 stash tabs to see at any 1 time. This is RNG of what you see. Some people would ask for gouging prices, and other for ridiculously low prices. Therefore, the experience would feel like gambling, and you'd be excited to check what you current got in your personalized "store". This would be interact-able through a Trade/Black-Market Master, and the items could change every hour or 2 hours.

The advantage is that since you can only see a silver of the market, you can now have fixed prices without the regular concerns. And therefore, you can also now enjoy immediate gratification.

Essentially this is similar to how regular vendors and master vendors work, it's just that the items presented are randomly chosen from the entire market of players.

The algorithm could intentionally try to choose at least 1 unique items, and at least 1 rare, and some currency, and also a couple items for being cheap, mid price, or high priced, with the remainder grabbed completely randomly. Notice that for every player, a specific unique selection would be grabbed from the entire market. The cheapest algorithm to implement time wise would be completely random, but such could be later improved.

Even if you also allow an asynchronous offer system for other items, such would never provide immediate gratification, and thus there would always be room for both (meaning demand for immediate gratification.)

How do you shuffle items? You only allow purchasing for the first n minutes of the period (such as the first 100 minutes of a 120 minute period.) Then you have time to have sales settled and committed, and a window to shuffle before items are again ready to be bought. This might help with crashing instance exploits, where sales can be check and verified and synchronized among instances.

Whole stash tabs would be flagged as for sale, and prices set per-item. Setting a tab as for-sale means it cannot be interacted with. To get the tab as intractable again, you have to flag it as "take tab off market (when available)". Only after the shuffle and synchronization will the tab be "returned" and again usable, as a means of removing exploits.

^I'd love that!
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
So... being able to sell items while offline and without using other external sources/websites/programs, that make us going in and out of the game. Sound like a dream right?

Yeah, it's a dream for ... all boters than can buy/resell gear automatically, destroying PoE economy in less than 2 days. Forget it.
IGN TylordRampage
"

+1 to this one

"
Malone wrote:
Yeah, it's a dream for ... all boters than can buy/resell gear automatically, destroying PoE economy in less than 2 days. Forget it.

This is also true, was going to post about it, but, it is very well summarized. A little bit harshly done, but summarized.
No buyout, I bet my soul people stick to poe.trade because of that alone! I like my idea better! I hate having "offer" debates with people...always goes something like this!

Hey how much for these > how much you offering > idk hows this > nah to low man > well tell me what price you're looking for > idk man how much you think it's worth ....ANNOYING, no thanks...if this is the way it's gonna be i'll pass!!!

Unique Auction house Idea

Put a marketplace in the hideouts, would contain an AH, and a AH stash...

AH >
15min access on a 1hr or 2hr cooldown, prevents people from sitting on the auction, and allows everyone a fair chance on it's contents. Without anyone feeling obligated to sit and watch items in fear of missing a good deal, and helps fight flippers. Sales would not have the cool-down in play, but the buying tab would be un-viewable. Once you visit buy tab, the cooldown is in play. A timer would be on the top of the interface.

AH Stash Tab, 8 tabs total...4 of which are deposit only for sales, 4 of which are withdraw only for failed/cancelled sales, when cancelling an auction seller pay's a fee to stop the possibility of using the deposit only as a 2nd stash tab. Number of sales active at a given time would be determined by how many items can fit in the 4 stash tabs. Completed sales currency goes directly in the players primary stash tab, not the ah stash tab.

AH Types >

Times: (6hr, 12hr, 24hr)

Buyout...
Seller list what currency he will accept for item in question, and how much of each currency he is looking for.

Best offer...
Seller places the auction with no list price, interested parties submit what they are willing to pay, seller looks through offers and decides when to cash out.

Classic Auction...
Seller list what currency type to start it at, interested parties use said currency to make a bid.

Online...
Selling could be managed online through a new interface, as long as the item's are deposited in the sales stash. This would allow the renewing/altering/cancelling of sales.

Just an random idea I had...
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Apr 26, 2015, 6:01:18 PM
Well something have to change.
(Ignore list is getting full)
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
"
Boem wrote:
I do hope it's not gonna lock offers.

Imagine offering on an item, but the dude stopped playing the league :).

But sounds awesome for cross time-zone trading so +1, nothing really enables this atm so that's a fine direction to take trade with the in-house system.

Peace,

-Boem-
If that was how it was done it'd work like Blizzard's implementation and simply... let you cancel your offer at any time. Why wouldn't it?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I think it should work something like a no-buyout auction house.

1. Seller lists item. They can type whatever they want in description (ex "b/o 2ex") but it is just a description, not enforced by game mechanics. Currency can be listed. Listing can be withdrawn at any time. (Buyers can be AFK during this time, and items can be listed via web.)

2. Buyers make bids on item. Bid is held (for enforcement if bid is approved) but can be withdrawn at any time. (Sellers can be AFK during this time, and bids can be made via web.) Only strictly inferior bids are removed (ex: of 1 chaos, 2 chaos, 1 alchemy, only the 1 chaos bid is dropped).

3. Sellers can accept any active bid to immediately complete the transaction, with traded items (and returned bids) appearing in players stashes in much the way race rewards do. (Buyers can be AFK during this time, and bids can be viewed or accepted via web.)

Note that both players need to show market skill. Trading with online players wouldn't change much, but offline persistence is a gamechanger. An underpriced listing may have several at-price bids by next login, so going slightly over may win. An overpriced item may eventually sell to whomever keeps their bid active longest once the seller finally caves. These strategic decisions are utterly removed from the buyer's end with buyout trading, which is why buyout trading is cancer.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 24, 2015, 12:44:03 AM
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
That image looks eerily like an Auction House, lol

No thank you XD

Auction House???
An auction house is a publicly held sale at which property or goods are sold to the highest bidder. This is not the case. The person that is selling have to set a price on the item that is on one of his stash tabs, so that anyone can buy it for the fixed price. And at any time, whether the seller is online or offline. There is no haggle for the item, so that is the exact opposite of an auction house.

That is wrong.
Fixed price auction is still an auction.
An auction is not defined by bidding, it is just one form of auction held, like the "buy it" auction, where you sell to one and/or more buyers a lot of the same goods.

By that means:
Yes ggg will implement an "auction house" for sure. :)
#duckandcover
Last edited by blackstar on Jun 12, 2015, 6:07:33 AM
"
blackstar wrote:
That is wrong.
Fixed price auction is still an auction.
An auction is not defined by bidding, it is just one form of auction held, like the "buy it" auction, where you sell to one and/or more buyers a lot of the same goods.

By that means:
Yes ggg will implement an "auction house" for sure. :)
#duckandcover

...yes i know, i just didn't wanted for people to associated it with a D3 type of thing (with real money and stuff).
but still its not properly named (the system should be called Buy-Out not Auction House - that was just a Blizzard fancy name).
and wanted to emphasize on the seller sets price, whoever wants it, buys it.
you cant pay less and you can't pay more either. its fixed price, because you need it to work that way so you can buy stuff while the sellers are offline and everybody wins/is happy.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info