Online/Offline Trading "in-game"

So... being able to sell items while offline and without using other external sources/websites/programs, that make us going in and out of the game. Sound like a dream right?
Below is a picture of something that has been on my mind for a long time but that finally materialized so everyone can see it. I think it would be a huge step forward for the game.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: UPDATE
or without the off-line option (auto purchase), no BUY button.
like poe.trade

What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!
/Talisman League(2015/2016)

Oh look, Synthesis League(2019) = Talisman League all over again.
Last edited by x_KOR_x on Jun 18, 2015, 1:23:28 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Some sort of in-game trading system has been on the cards for a long time now. However, the last time specifics were mentioned (which was admittedly a while ago), the plan was that you would not be able to buy and sell without some sort of interaction between the two parties. So no buy button.

Anyway, last we heard it might happen once act 4 goes out, so hang in there.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
"
viperesque wrote:
Some sort of in-game trading system has been on the cards for a long time now. However, the last time specifics were mentioned (which was admittedly a while ago), the plan was that you would not be able to buy and sell without some sort of interaction between the two parties. So no buy button.

Anyway, last we heard it might happen once act 4 goes out, so hang in there.

Q&A suggests that might not be the case. Players have something workable now. A change will actually piss a ton of people off because they are expecting some kind of offline auction house which has been denied as an option several times.

There are few options that will not infuriate someone. Status quo at least works.
I think this would be a great idea, no interaction needed. Clean and simple, you buy the lowest priced
IGN KTF
We do have plans for updating the trading system. Chris has made the following comment about what that is likely to include:

"
Chris wrote:

As for how it works, the current plan is a combination of public stash tabs (to make it easier to find items) and separately, an asynchronous cross-instance-website trading system. You can basically trade (without buyouts) across the game and website. The trades and offers are still there when you log in later, so it's possible to trade with offline people or people who aren't in your game area or are on their phone or work PC.

Unfortunately, we have no recent updates as to when this is likely to be implemented.
@Bex_GGG Thank you for the feedback.
What do you mean that the league is not rewarding or fun? You put in 5 useless items in the device and you get 1 useless item... Oh wait!

I do hope it's not gonna lock offers.

Imagine offering on an item, but the dude stopped playing the league :).

But sounds awesome for cross time-zone trading so +1, nothing really enables this atm so that's a fine direction to take trade with the in-house system.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Just in case you haven't been around very long, that quote was from either late 2013 or very early 2014, and there are still no recent updates. I'm not saying it's a bad or good thing, just don't hold your breath for any of these changes to be implemented in any sort of expedient time frame.
"
That image looks eerily like an Auction House, lol

No thank you XD

Auction House???
An auction house is a publicly held sale at which property or goods are sold to the highest bidder. This is not the case. The person that is selling have to set a price on the item that is on one of his stash tabs, so that anyone can buy it for the fixed price. And at any time, whether the seller is online or offline. There is no haggle for the item, so that is the exact opposite of an auction house.

"
"
x_KOR_x wrote:
"
That image looks eerily like an Auction House, lol

No thank you XD

Auction House???
An auction house is a publicly held sale at which property or goods are sold to the highest bidder. This is not the case. The person that is selling have to set a price on the item that is on one of his stash tabs, so that anyone can buy it for the fixed price. And at any time, whether the seller is online or offline. There is no haggle for the item, so that is the exact opposite of an auction house.

Your idea of "exact opposite" is not the same as mine lol

Still no thank you XD

Auction House = Players with most currency always win

This Method (like POE Goods/Trade) = First come, first served... everybody wins

See the difference?

Edit: more like a Buyout House

Last edited by x_KOR_x on Jun 1, 2015, 4:31:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info