GGG Q&A Announcement

"
Punica1980 wrote:
"
kruemel2222 wrote:
"
DnAngel wrote:
The Q&A was kinda disappointing IMO. It's just Chris answering "wait for A4 and you'll see" or "maybe" to 75% of the questions :S

Agreed. Hardly anything interesting that we didn't knew already.

Disagree. I read a lot of stuff that confirmed rumours or gave info on popular questions. No raise in levelcap, revamped zonelevels to keep most intact for A4, Chris actaully confirmed they are working on desync and 'fixing' melee issues. He took up note of giving corrupted blood mobs a visual like reflect mobs. He confirmed there are plans to reduce loot clutter.

Just some stuff i remember after 2 days. No real stuff stuff that screams WOOOOOW but sure for me there was more then enough to get me more hyped for next patch. I guess some people are never happy with what they are given.

The levelcap not changing isn't news, area levels have always been adjusted after releasing new content, desync improvements are in the works for years, melee improvements aren't a shocker either. Good catch on the other two, but QoL changes have always been low priority, so this is hardly something to get very excited about without any form of ETA.

Also, just for the record, I appreciate that they took their time to compile the Q&A and I totally respect that others have found something they can get excited about. I guess its a nice resource to get up-to-date if you don't keep up with news about the game. However, especially when compared to previous Q&As, that actually revealed lots of interesting stuff (does anyone remember the release Q&A?), I think this one is disappointingly vague.
"
kruemel2222 wrote:

The levelcap not changing isn't news, area levels have always been adjusted after releasing new content, desync improvements are in the works for years, melee improvements aren't a shocker either. Good catch on the other two, but QoL changes have always been low priority, so this is hardly something to get very excited about without any form of ETA.

Also, just for the record, I appreciate that they took their time to compile the Q&A and I totally respect that others have found something they can get excited about. I guess its a nice resource to get up-to-date if you don't keep up with news about the game. However, especially when compared to previous Q&As, that actually revealed lots of interesting stuff (does anyone remember the release Q&A?), I think this one is disappointingly vague.

Thats roughly what I get from reading those Q&As. Basically same thing for the past 3 years.
1. Optimization always in works always no noticeable result.
2. Desync has been worked on for 3 years and no noticeable result.
3. We were designing a new trading system... well nvm just kidding.
4. QoL changes are still low priority and still didnt see much result.
5. There will be new microtransactions you can buy.
6. We are buffing melee... but not really... for the past years...
7. We like everything else in the game so nothing really needs to be fixed.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on Feb 27, 2015, 12:20:05 PM
melee doesnt need a buff, they just need to have desynch issue fixed.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
melee doesnt need a buff, they just need to have desynch issue fixed.

I agree. Fixing desync would be a buff to all builds and especially the melee or glasscanon ones.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info