More Non signiture races for everyone, good thing / bad thing?

"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
cwu wrote:
According to this you don't have a single top20 finish. Oh, the joy of having a private account. But of course you're gonna say that you have another account for racing :)

To answer your question in a serious way - good thing for racers, but not gonna happen, because the overall event schedule is packed (don't forget about PvP events) and GGG would probably continue scheduling events in a way that they don't overlap.

I just looked myself up on that, it claims I have two firsts but I've only ever won a single race (90 minute brutal last season). Many of the characters that it lists under me aren't mine.

EDIT: 90 minute not 85

I can't believe this is about to happen.

Pam likely deleted his character, died at the end of the race, who knows. On the official forums you won the race, so you got a "demi" on exilestats, which does not distinguish between demi vs non demi races.

I think people who view themselves as real competitive racers feel like uninformed input not only could be erroneous or wrong, it actually could end up harming racing long term.

We did not have Demis awarded in Signature races primarily because of so called "casual" racers complaining for the wrong reasons about too many Demi's being awarded.

GGG tends to listen to something when it reaches a critical mass, even though the point of view could be categorically wrong. There are of course tons of changes I would make, and likely many of the points that might be made in this thread are ones I would make myself, but the crux of the matter is the implementation through which the changes are achieved.

Done poorly, and all racers "casual" and "hardcore" suffer.

"
AdzPoE wrote:
"
cwu wrote:
According to this you don't have a single top20 finish. Oh, the joy of having a private account. But of course you're gonna say that you have another account for racing :)

To answer your question in a serious way - good thing for racers, but not gonna happen, because the overall event schedule is packed (don't forget about PvP events) and GGG would probably continue scheduling events in a way that they don't overlap.

I race on this account look again, 18 top 20 by class this season. 2 races where i place 3rd by class. probably dont use exilestats there are a few on there that arent even my char names so i think its bugged. 3 Hour Party (S11V028), one of the event i placed at 3rd witch (which i played entirely solo) since you need evidence. I am 26th overall in that one btw. if you really need more evidence just take a look in the season top 100 i should be at 58th currently. so erm? you are forgiven.

So now that we know Exilestats is accurate, what CWU is talking about is top 20, regardless of class, finishes. The difference between the top 10 or 15 results and the rest of the race is extreme at times.

You have primarily played Templar and Witch in the last several seasons, which I can assure you artificially inflates your results given the current Meta.

None of this is not to say that you might not have interesting, and important feedback to share. That said, surely those of us racing for years at this point can be forgiven for doubting how accurate your perceptions might be.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Last edited by Morsexier on Feb 26, 2015, 1:31:09 PM
"
Being competitive isn't being top 10 in ur class. There are 2-3 good players that play each class.
REALLY? i would have said that competing makes you competative.
Make Things For Smile!
"
cwu wrote:

[quote="Hilbert"]
CT should be around the art of PKing and not griefing lower levels.
[/quote]
http://www.twitch.tv/zoroxo123
"
None of this is not to say that you might not have interesting, and important feedback to share. That said, surely those of us racing for years at this point can be forgiven for doubting how accurate your perceptions might be.

CWU wasnt doubting my perceptions only my integrity which i can assure you is a much worse feeling given that from the word go it seemed he labelled me as dishonest about my accomplishments due to his crappy source. Despite this, my next comment after CWU decided to talk crap was telling him that i forgive him.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 2:22:41 PM
I sincerely regret for saying such spiteful things. Next time i will make sure to differentiate between top 20 overall and top 20 in class. I will also stop using websites that provide false information about race results.
http://www.twitch.tv/comewithus

Posted by Chris on February 4, 2014 1:51 AM
"When we mass-ban people for running these tools, don't say you weren't warned :P"
Honestly, it's going to sound super rude, but a lot of racing credibility is based on accomplishments. People aren't going to listen to your opinion if you aren't a well known racer because the difference between the people vying for a demi and the "consistently above average players" (I would put myself under this category) in skill is unreal. I've had the pleasure of racing with Pam before and the rate that he progresses at is godly. It's a whole other game.

Back to the point. I usually let the top racers decide what's good for the racing "competitive scene". I chime in on occasion, but it's usually because my ideas line up with theirs quite often. We share a similar mindset. I don't agree with more non-sig races for the reasons Terrex described, and I assume you'll see it firsthand soon. The first BLAMT gets people excited, and subsequent ones just become more and more frustrating. I'm playing for points, and my points are gonna come from the sig and whatever EL/DC/Descent race GGG pulls out of a hat for the given season. I don't care about the fluff too much.

By the way, some of these players are actually the best racers currently playing right now, in case you didn't know (but it doesn't seem that matters much).
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Awkamess wrote:
Honestly, it's going to sound super rude, but a lot of racing credibility is based on accomplishments. People aren't going to listen to your opinion if you aren't a well known racer because the difference between the people vying for a demi and the "consistently above average players" (I would put myself under this category) in skill is unreal. I've had the pleasure of racing with Pam before and the rate that he progresses at is godly. It's a whole other game.

Back to the point. I usually let the top racers decide what's good for the racing "competitive scene". I chime in on occasion, but it's usually because my ideas line up with theirs quite often. We share a similar mindset. I don't agree with more non-sig races for the reasons Terrex described, and I assume you'll see it firsthand soon. The first BLAMT gets people excited, and subsequent ones just become more and more frustrating. I'm playing for points, and my points are gonna come from the sig and whatever EL/DC/Descent race GGG pulls out of a hat for the given season. I don't care about the fluff too much.

By the way, some of these players are actually the best racers currently playing right now, in case you didn't know (but it doesn't seem that matters much).

Ive already addressed that these are top players though perhaps you'd like to check my season rank atm. Im dumbfounded that so many would think a bit more availability of races is such a bad thing though. Terrex suggested that it could be fixed with better scheduling which i agree it could. though i dont see why you all say its a horrible idea to just add a few more events per day. Im far from the only person whom doesnt care about pvp events at all.
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 3:41:06 PM
"
cwu wrote:
I sincerely regret for saying such spiteful things. Next time i will make sure to differentiate between top 20 overall and top 20 in class. I will also stop using websites that provide false information about race results.
it wasnt you that needed to differentiate anything, i told you quite plainly "ive had 18 top 20s 6 of which have been top 10 by class this season so far". BY CLASS. I said this when told im not "competitive" by basically one of the top racers. Anyone wanna look up the dic def of competitive? ALright ill do it for you. Here's one for you "Competitive - Liking competition or inclined to compete" HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... competitive doesnt just mean the very top people, everyone is competing!
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 3:42:12 PM
As an average racer, I'd love more races per day / more varied races.

But, looking from the top competing POV, more races means skewing the whole competition toward those who have more time to participate. People not neccessarily skilled or good racers, would be able to compete with top ladder, just by participating in as many races as possible. Getting 2x5 points is much easier than getting 1x10, for example.

Already as of now, the only prize range you can't "bruteforce" is the 1000 pts mark. 500 is already doable by average players, like me.

So, from a competitive pov, the current system is ok. Even tho I'd really like to play some of the funky stuff more often (exiles everywhere, for eg.)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
AdzPoE wrote:
As for practice perhaps a practice league with no filtering to other leagues but where you could set the league rules and a timer etc. This probably would be alot of work and $$$ for GGG though and not one of thier top priorites even though its a nice idea to be able to practice under race like conditions ie turbo, brutal, blamt etc etc

That could be a neat idea for Paid Leagues, whenever they get around to implementing them. Though they'd have to be careful how they implemented it to avoid it being pay to win.
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info