More Non signiture races for everyone, good thing / bad thing?

"
AdzPoE wrote:
so "comewithus" you should really find a better source before you start making defametory claims about people, belittling other members of the community and so on. Since the source you're currently getting your information from is completely incoherent.

Don't you wonder why most people start complaining about the "fun" race by the end of the season? Pointing out everything wrong with it? It's because too much of the same thing has this effect and it has shown over the past 3 seasons since it has it's new structure. Endless aids, Descent Blood of Summers and now Descent the pack RNG race.

Since we don't have enough people posting +1s in posts on race feedback here, we apparently cannot get changes. A bunch of races could be improved a ton with little done to it.
Last edited by terrex on Feb 26, 2015, 10:57:02 AM
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
"
cwu wrote:
According to this you don't have a single top20 finish. Oh, the joy of having a private account. But of course you're gonna say that you have another account for racing :)

To answer your question in a serious way - good thing for racers, but not gonna happen, because the overall event schedule is packed (don't forget about PvP events) and GGG would probably continue scheduling events in a way that they don't overlap.

I just looked myself up on that, it claims I have two firsts but I've only ever won a single race (90 minute brutal last season). Many of the characters that it lists under me aren't mine.

EDIT: 90 minute not 85

thanks for confirming this.
Make Things For Smile!
"
terrex wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:
so "comewithus" you should really find a better source before you start making defametory claims about people, belittling other members of the community and so on. Since the source you're currently getting your information from is completely incoherent.

Don't you wonder why most people start complaining about the "fun" race by the end of the season? Pointing out everything wrong with it? It's because too much of the same thing has this effect and it has shown over the past 3 seasons since it has it's new structure. Endless aids, Descent Blood of Summers and now Descent the pack RNG race.

Since we don't have enough people posting +1s in posts on race feedback here, we apparently cannot get changes. A bunch of races could be improved a ton with little done to it.

You're absolutely right. I still want more nonsigs though.
Make Things For Smile!
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Do you just want more points or what? You can practice race, just use a blank tab and make it on hardcore.
"
terrex wrote:
"
AdzPoE wrote:

Do you just want more points or what? You can practice race, just use a blank tab and make it on hardcore.
More available points at convenient times for everyone would be the result i'd like to see, yes. Though currently the friends i play poe with mostly cant make it to party races at night due to scheduling, maybe rescheduling would help but i just feel if there werent so many gaps (which pvp is filling for some atm) and just 1 -2 more events per time zone it would solve the problem for me and people i'm playing with.

I dont see why pvp has to fill the gaps in the racing season like it currently does. Some people have no interest at all in pvp but wild interest for racing and vice versa. Id like to see a full schedule of races and pvp seperately instead of welded together. Though perhaps i'm asking too much.

As for practice perhaps a practice league with no filtering to other leagues but where you could set the league rules and a timer etc. This probably would be alot of work and $$$ for GGG though and not one of thier top priorites even though its a nice idea to be able to practice under race like conditions ie turbo, brutal, blamt etc etc
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 11:46:04 AM
More Non-Sig events good or bad? Neither really. The race season was shortened to fit the new model of competitive events GGG wanted to implement. And as CWU stated many racers would like to have more races, and would generally benefit from having more events. However, as also said it is unlikely GGG will overlap event start times. (and there are a lot of events this season; 120 race, 106US PvP, and 106EU PvP.) If they ever decide to have the schedules be independent than there might be a chance for more events (of both types).

Would I enjoy having more races in a season? Sure, but I also enjoy the challenge a shorter season offers. I am competing not just against top racers and the clock, but against myself as I have limited races in which to earn points. I still fail, but it is a drive to get better.
"
ChronoExile wrote:
More Non-Sig events good or bad? Neither really. The race season was shortened to fit the new model of competitive events GGG wanted to implement. And as CWU stated many racers would like to have more races, and would generally benefit from having more events. However, as also said it is unlikely GGG will overlap event start times. (and there are a lot of events this season; 120 race, 106US PvP, and 106EU PvP.) If they ever decide to have the schedules be independent than there might be a chance for more events (of both types).

Would I enjoy having more races in a season? Sure, but I also enjoy the challenge a shorter season offers. I am competing not just against top racers and the clock, but against myself as I have limited races in which to earn points. I still fail, but it is a drive to get better.

I love this comment, thanks dearly for your input!
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 11:48:08 AM
i think it's a bad thing.

it dilutes the importance of performing well because each race is that much more important.

also, im selfish and dont like the fact that this would benefit the people who have all the time in the world more than someone who has a limited schedule and probably still only see a nominal increase in their attended racing stats.

-HeaT
youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
"
HeaT1 wrote:
i think it's a bad thing.

it dilutes the importance of performing well because each race is that much more important.

also, im selfish and dont like the fact that this would benefit the people who have all the time in the world more than someone who has a limited schedule and probably still only see a nominal increase in their attended racing stats.

-HeaT

Honest about it though, thanks for the input!
Make Things For Smile!
Last edited by AdzPoE on Feb 26, 2015, 12:02:09 PM
"
AdzPoE wrote:
probably because u dont really understand what a "bad race" is since you probably arent very competitive. There is in no world that a 12 minute ledge burst race is good in any way shape or form.

ive had 18 top 20s 6 of which have been top 10 by class this season so far(not epic but i try as hard as i can) some might say i am quite competative :D, but i guess only the top 20 ladder racers can be called "competative". From what i gather alot of the community seem to like burst races, competative or not. why is it that the top guys hate basically every event?[/quote]

Being competitive isn't being top 10 in ur class. There are 2-3 good players that play each class.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info