1.3.1c Patch and Answers to Developer Q&A

Very entertaining Q&A and lot of exciting information!
I'll be most likely settling down abroad when Act4 deploys but I'll definitely keep watching streamers and keep supporting the game.
Path Of Exile Community Highlights
youtube.com/mireklefou
Nice read.

Tho, I'd really like to know if you plan any graphics engine optimizations, specifically particle effects - either optimizations or toggles available to the user, to tone down all the bling.

With more an more effects being thrown in (heralds, for example), the game performance is getting noticeably slower.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
This was awesome

sadly, only one question about desync and it got evaded... :(

This isn't true, he said on several answers that sync performance is one of several engine feats being for next expansion.
So around 204 questions Answered.!!!!

Great Job Guys,

Thanks for the effort.
Longest Q/A I ever read. Really awesome!

"
Right now, half of our programming manpower is allocated to QOL/performance/sync improvements.

The fact that sync is specifically mentioned gives me some hope. I feel like there's quite a few low-hanging fruit here.

"
Despite the expansion introducing a lot of new content, we're only creeping the level of the highest content up by a little bit.
The maximum level of non-map and map content will change.

Was wondering about that, curious to see how this turns out.

"
While players do love the very hard races, we have noticed there can be too much of a good thing. If we run too many, the attendance of these races drops a lot and we start to get complaints about them.

Fair enough. Those races feel kinda like chris(t)mas.

"
[Supporter uniques will] probably cost more than $1000 next time.

Sadface :(

"
Does GGG plan to monetize beyond microtransactions?

The Beyond demons would be an interesting thing to theme microtransactions around. There is, however, a risk that Abaxoth might be summoned.

*chuckle*
Last edited by MauranKilom on Feb 25, 2015, 5:59:02 AM
Thx)
IGN: HardyHard_FireFly

Big thx GGG for this great game :)
Very interesting Q&A! Thanks a lot!

I'm surprised the "sound in the distance" is still a mystery, though.
IGN: Bourrinopathe | UTC +4
Stoped reading half way through as the answers are vague and basically say nothing.
Wow, great post!
Wow, i didn't expect that much info in the Q&A! Awesome stuff and i am really looking forward to the official introduction of the many new things you have hinted :D.

PS: no Eaglefish yet but mini-Gneiss confirmed!
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info