MF Farming: Gravicious or Dominus?

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
personally i only look between piety and dom, and usually pick piety. Dom is the best drops ur gonna get, but the trash on the way there are absolutely rubbish. A piety run yields an awful lot of currency and uniques from killing the trash in lunaris 3. however if you are not killing any trash... I guess grav might be worth? honestly I feel like the trash in lunaris ends up being worth as much as the bosses unless you are multiboxed/massive party zerging with multiple instances etc. Ive had a total 1 actual exalt drop from piety and dom having done 1000s of runs, ive had 10s of exalts from trash in lunaris.

when I mf farm merciless, more often its docks, as odd as that sounds. Loads of chests etc which are an awesome source of straight up orbs, I run it for corrupt zones and mf everything that gets in my way, you get a unique boss at the end of the corrupt zone, it has a quantity buff from the zone mods and you get sacrifice pieces which are worth something by themselves. vaal gems can be vendored up into vaal orbs, I just find it really worth while. after some time you have a ton of the 'bad' 3 sac pieces, so then you just run them from the map device, extremely quick runs, mega amounts of unique boss kills per hour, lots of midnights etc.

Gravicius is seeming to be the best way to farm. He alone proves no problem, while both Dominus and Piety can be problematic (at least, and at worst hard) for most builds. And I'm talking cheap builds with no more than 5 exalted to their name in value. I'm currently using gear that costs about 2 exalted at most.
Spoiler

It's far more efficient to farm Gravicius once every 30 seconds (on average. Some runs can be as short as fifteen seconds, and others as long as two minutes if there are rare strongboxes, I get stuck in a mob due to desync or stun, and other factors). I spent about thirty minutes farming Gravicius and got a Redbeak and Karui Ward within the first five runs. Though the rest yielded few rares and no uniques after.
Note, most of your currency gained will be from rates (selling to players or for alts -> jewel -> fuse). Pure currency drops and uniques are negligible. Care most about how many rates you get per run for the time you spent.
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Note, most of your currency gained will be from rates (selling to players or for alts -> jewel -> fuse). Pure currency drops and uniques are negligible. Care most about how many rates you get per run for the time you spent.

No, most of it won't be.

I can get about 1 alt per minute farming Gravicius the way I currently am. If I pick up and identify everything, I can make 2-4 alts per minute.

It takes ~220 to go to exalted directly, or ~16 to chaos and ~33 chaos to exalted. I don't know the other ratios well enough. So if I get 3 alts per run (3 per thirty seconds), I'd get about 6 alts a minute. I'd have to spend about two hours to get a single exalted orb.

A mjolner costs ~90 exalted for two combined, a six-link shav's ~200, astramentis ~12, two andvarius rings ~7 combined, vertex helmet ~4, saffell's frame ~7 for legacy, coming to 320 exalted. If I cut out the mjolner and decide to go CoC instead, I'd need to Bino's for ~25 for two max crit rolls.

So that comes out to about 640 hours. 320 days if I played for two hours each day, which is what I currently play. But I'm not picking everything up, I'm going rarity and thereby drop chance.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
PhysoniumI wrote:

No, most of it won't be.

I can get about 1 alt per minute farming Gravicius the way I currently am. If I pick up and identify everything, I can make 2-4 alts per minute.

It takes ~220 to go to exalted directly, or ~16 to chaos and ~33 chaos to exalted. I don't know the other ratios well enough. So if I get 3 alts per run (3 per thirty seconds), I'd get about 6 alts a minute. I'd have to spend about two hours to get a single exalted orb.

A mjolner costs ~90 exalted for two combined, a six-link shav's ~200, astramentis ~12, two andvarius rings ~7 combined, vertex helmet ~4, saffell's frame ~7 for legacy, coming to 320 exalted. If I cut out the mjolner and decide to go CoC instead, I'd need to Bino's for ~25 for two max crit rolls.

So that comes out to about 640 hours. 320 days if I played for two hours each day, which is what I currently play. But I'm not picking everything up, I'm going rarity and thereby drop chance.

You're trying to buy legacy items and really rare uniques while farming one of the easiest bosses in the game, in the softcore permanent league... It explains your issue.

Try trading, farming maps, chancing white items that you find and their unique counterparts are worth alot, etc...
Last edited by Vaagur on Feb 26, 2015, 1:49:45 AM
"
Vaagur wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
PhysoniumI wrote:

No, most of it won't be.

You're trying to buy legacy items and really rare uniques while farming one of the easiest bosses in the game, in the softcore permanent league... It explains your issue.

Try trading, farming maps, chancing white items that you find and their unique counterparts are worth alot, etc...

Been doing that. And the only reason I'm looking at them is because it makes farming much easier once you have them.

I did a recount and looked a few things over; I only need 223 exalted.

Shav's 6 link: 100 ex (I can recolor as needed. Will work with a four-link but best to have someone else link it for me)

The Vertex: ~6 ex (mostly for high ES and levels of gems)

Lori's Lantern: 1 ex at most (unlucky enemy damage. Too good to pass up no matter what mods rings can offer. Other ring will be a rare focusing on ES and whatever else I can get)

Mjolner: ~45 ex (Planning on getting two)

Rise of the Phoenix: 1 ex (weapon swap for atziri)

Saffell's Frame: ~10 ex (5% max res and for use against most content)

Astramentis: ~15 ex (looking for one with at least 110 to attributes)

The only piece that is going to be hard to get is Shav's. The rest can be ground for while Mjolner could be chanced, but that leaves one extra to be bought. If I only get one Mjolner and just swap it out manually I can save ~45 there.
i sold a mjolner for 16 exalts a month or two ago. Sounds crazy? Well, that was the going price in Torment at the time. In Bloodlines a shavs was going unlinked for 17 exalts at the same point. If its going to take a loooong time to farm up all this stuff you might want to take advantage of the new leagues as they come around.

In standard an exalt = 40 fusing, in torment an exalt = 72 fusing in the first month or so. Stuff sells so much faster in temp leagues, I was making 1500 fusing every week from just mfing lvl66 to 73 maps with a self found tornado shot char, 150 iir, 0 iiq. More common uniques sell for more exalts than they do on standard, and then your exalts are worth more fusing and regrets etc. Like regrets are 1:1 chaos at the start of a league, thats an easy trade as no one wants them early on. Find an item like say alpha howl, its probably valued in chaos on standard and very hard to sell, find one in torment first few weeks its worth 2ex, then you sell the exalts for 40+ chaos each, buy 40+ regrets with the 40+ chaos, regrets are worth 16:1 exalt in standard, you might get say 5 exalts worth of regrets at standard rates for an item that maybe ud be lucky to sell for 1 exalt if you found in actually in standard league itself.

The market is probably over now in torment, but just something to think about as new leagues keep coming around. another example, The Dark Seer sceptre from beyond league was selling for 1 or 2 chaos each in the first month of Beyond... price now on standard? Cheapest start at 4 exalts each... ya, seriously, thats a pretty big markup, how long would it take to get 10 chaos in a league? not long, could probably get to endgame and get 10c worth of currency in like 2 days, buy 10 of them, 4 months later that 10c is worth 40 exalts. Its hard to tell how prices will shift etc, but its seriously worth looking in to temp league farming for making standard league wealth, Ive given up making big money in standard, I make more money in temps and can buy the items I want cheaper there too if theyre available, even though my goal is to take it all to standard and enjoy it there.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
i sold a mjolner for 16 exalts a month or two ago. Sounds crazy? Well, that was the going price in Torment at the time. In Bloodlines a shavs was going unlinked for 17 exalts at the same point. If its going to take a loooong time to farm up all this stuff you might want to take advantage of the new leagues as they come around.

In standard an exalt = 40 fusing, in torment an exalt = 72 fusing in the first month or so. Stuff sells so much faster in temp leagues, I was making 1500 fusing every week from just mfing lvl66 to 73 maps with a self found tornado shot char, 150 iir, 0 iiq. More common uniques sell for more exalts than they do on standard, and then your exalts are worth more fusing and regrets etc. Like regrets are 1:1 chaos at the start of a league, thats an easy trade as no one wants them early on. Find an item like say alpha howl, its probably valued in chaos on standard and very hard to sell, find one in torment first few weeks its worth 2ex, then you sell the exalts for 40+ chaos each, buy 40+ regrets with the 40+ chaos, regrets are worth 16:1 exalt in standard, you might get say 5 exalts worth of regrets at standard rates for an item that maybe ud be lucky to sell for 1 exalt if you found in actually in standard league itself.

The market is probably over now in torment, but just something to think about as new leagues keep coming around. another example, The Dark Seer sceptre from beyond league was selling for 1 or 2 chaos each in the first month of Beyond... price now on standard? Cheapest start at 4 exalts each... ya, seriously, thats a pretty big markup, how long would it take to get 10 chaos in a league? not long, could probably get to endgame and get 10c worth of currency in like 2 days, buy 10 of them, 4 months later that 10c is worth 40 exalts. Its hard to tell how prices will shift etc, but its seriously worth looking in to temp league farming for making standard league wealth, Ive given up making big money in standard, I make more money in temps and can buy the items I want cheaper there too if theyre available, even though my goal is to take it all to standard and enjoy it there.

Yeah it'll take god knows how long until the new leages start and then I shudder to think how long it'll take me to get a fast clearing character to get to Gravicius.

There's a reason I play in Standard.
2 days , get going
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
2 days , get going

Two days for?

Two days until?

Two days to?

What about two days?
How does it take 15 mins to farm Dom?
Censored.

Report Forum Post