MF Farming: Gravicious or Dominus?

"
kolyaboo wrote:
How does it take 15 mins to farm Dom?

That was my average time when farming the entire area, including leaving an alternate account at the instance door to save a little time.

My build would die occasionally, mostly to the snakes before Dom's area or to the EK cast by the unique tentacle miscreation.

Some builds can do it in as little as four or five minutes, though this includes skipping most of the monsters before and having good gear to not die, have good DPS, and so on.
I wouldn't want to do it unless you know you won't die. It's just not worth losing the xp IMO. But that could just be me.

I look for a corrupted area (hardly there but you never know and who turns out a free frag, right?) but other than that RUN.

Takes about 5 min maybe.
Censored.
"
kolyaboo wrote:
I wouldn't want to do it unless you know you won't die. It's just not worth losing the xp IMO. But that could just be me.

I look for a corrupted area (hardly there but you never know and who turns out a free frag, right?) but other than that RUN.

Takes about 5 min maybe.

Well when you get to 75+, you don't get much experience from it.

I'm was using a 79 scion but moved to a 74 witch and am currently grinding catacombs. Once I hit 80 I'll start Gravicius again and possibly try Piety. But Dom is out of the question until I get a Solaris Lorica or Shavronne's. Wondertraps are just too good to pass up.
That's what I mean. You are getting zero experience, but if you're unsure if you can do it w/out dying, you are risking 10%. That is a terrible risk/reward ratio.
Censored.
I take a bit of a different aproach to dom farming. I make a char that can do it without dieing (hc), do it quickly, and do it cheaply (sf). I achieve this first, then I add mf stat as long as I can keep all the other points consistent.
"
Natharias wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

That was my average time when farming the entire area, including leaving an alternate account at the instance door to save a little time.

My build would die occasionally, mostly to the snakes before Dom's area or to the EK cast by the unique tentacle miscreation.

Some builds can do it in as little as four or five minutes, though this includes skipping most of the monsters before and having good gear to not die, have good DPS, and so on.

wha????? my summoner can do the whole thing in 5 and that is allotting 2:30 to selling the drops and 40 - 60 seconds to running to him ( im slow and fat).

good lord what the heck is your build

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 28, 2015, 8:20:57 PM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Natharias wrote:
"
kolyaboo wrote:

wha????? my summoner can do the whole thing in 5 and that is allotting 2:30 to selling the drops and 40 - 60 seconds to running to him ( im slow and fat).

good lord what the heck is your build

I have 42% movement speed, 111% with my quicksilver flask. If I run straight to Dominus and avoid all enemies, it take no less than 2 minutes. It then comes down to how much DPS you have and how survivable you are, as there are three uniques you have to kill before two more uniques come out, and then Dominus' two forms.

Most of that 15 minutes was spent dying. Almost all of those deaths due to chaos damage, as physical was dealt with by IC and my resistances are at 82%. The tentacle miscreation was the hardest, if not only challenging, part of the run.
Last edited by Natharias on Feb 28, 2015, 10:49:23 PM
Leap slam or lightning warp is key for Dom running.
"
PhysoniumI wrote:
Leap slam or lightning warp is key for Dom running.

Both are actually slower than my 111% movement speed. The only time I use them is when it makes passing a mob easier.
Use a brightbeak, GGG prismatic eclipse and leap slam with faster attacks and tell me it's slower :P also, you don't collide with mobs if you hold a certain key (shift by default).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info