MF Farming: Gravicious or Dominus?

It takes four different levels to get to Dominus. I can do a single Dominus run in about 15 minutes, depending on deaths (Only running just over 2k ES and doing low-life, so chaos damage gets me often) but I use Cast on Death + Portal to compensate for lost time.

But I can do a single Gravicius in about thirty seconds.

Can Gravicius still drop things like Mjolner, Shavronne's Wrappings, and other useful uniques?
Since Ebony Barracks is a level 64 zone, you can get any unique under required level 66 from Gravicius.

As for the efficiency of Gravicius vs Dominus, you'd have to figure it out yourself unforunately. I personally find that the rewards for Dominus are higher.
Last edited by Noperative on Feb 25, 2015, 1:17:25 AM
"
Noperative wrote:
Since Ebony Barracks is a level 64 zone, you can get any unique under required level 66 from Gravicius.

As for the efficiency of Gravicius vs Dominus, you'd have to figure it out yourself unforunately. I personally find that the rewards for Dominus are higher.

Well I got two uniques from Gravicius (Redbeak and Karui Ward) within the first five runs but got no other uniques in about another thirty runs.

But I was getting about two alterations per minute. So I'll definitely be farming him before Dominus. It simply takes too long to do Dominus.
"
Natharias wrote:

But I was getting about two alterations per minute. So I'll definitely be farming him before Dominus. It simply takes too long to do Dominus.

for solo farming i would definitely do gravicious starting from the gardens entry.

dominus runs are more suitable for groups of players sharing their portals.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
most mf players can do a domi run in 4 minutes and you get 6 unique mobs and 1 boss mobs worth of items,

if you have enough mf they will drop about 30 - 40 rares combined.
A 4 minute run is really fast. I could prolly do a run in 3-4 minutes but that's on a char that does over 100k DPS. With a lot of MF gear, without a rediculous spec that costs a fortune, it'd be hard.
If dom is a 15 min run you should avoid it. Speed is a big part of mfing. Something to keep in mind, especially late in leagues or perm leagues, is that most of the wealth is from vendors rather than trade. For a quick comparison, you would make more doing 4-5 min dock runs than 15 min dom runs. As far as T1 uniques go, I have played for more than 2 years and made many mf chars and never found a shavs. I do not consider T1 uniques when deciding the best place to farm. Once you have better gear and a faster char, by all means farm where more items/stats can drop. But, don't gimp yourself by farming an inefficient location just because xyz unique can drop there.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
most mf players can do a domi run in 4 minutes and you get 6 unique mobs and 1 boss mobs worth of items,

if you have enough mf they will drop about 30 - 40 rares combined.

As previously noted, that's with god-like gear and you shouldn't be MFing if you can do that.

Gravicius seems the only cheap boss to farm.
personally i only look between piety and dom, and usually pick piety. Dom is the best drops ur gonna get, but the trash on the way there are absolutely rubbish. A piety run yields an awful lot of currency and uniques from killing the trash in lunaris 3. however if you are not killing any trash... I guess grav might be worth? honestly I feel like the trash in lunaris ends up being worth as much as the bosses unless you are multiboxed/massive party zerging with multiple instances etc. Ive had a total 1 actual exalt drop from piety and dom having done 1000s of runs, ive had 10s of exalts from trash in lunaris.

when I mf farm merciless, more often its docks, as odd as that sounds. Loads of chests etc which are an awesome source of straight up orbs, I run it for corrupt zones and mf everything that gets in my way, you get a unique boss at the end of the corrupt zone, it has a quantity buff from the zone mods and you get sacrifice pieces which are worth something by themselves. vaal gems can be vendored up into vaal orbs, I just find it really worth while. after some time you have a ton of the 'bad' 3 sac pieces, so then you just run them from the map device, extremely quick runs, mega amounts of unique boss kills per hour, lots of midnights etc.
Last edited by Snorkle_uk on Feb 25, 2015, 4:38:40 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Ive had a total 1 actual exalt drop from piety and dom having done 1000s of runs, ive had 10s of exalts from trash in lunaris.
So much for "risk vs reward", hehe...
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info