Developer Questions and Answers

Wondering if GGG has seen the potential in making the game very difficult like BLAMT as opposed to right clicking for ~8 hours until you get into high level Maps.

After experiencing BLAMT race, I see a whole new Path of Exile where:

1. You actually have to stay focused and strategically play the game every second starting at Twilight Strand.
2. A whole new interesting trading scene where early game item gear have value.
3. Low level uniques like Titucius' Span to be more valued. And there is a whole lot of them.
4. Other item base types to be used more rather than just "leveling gear".

And since there are now more items that have value, the more reason to buy Stash Tabs in other to have space for them.

Of course not all players would agree to this. So this can be implemented as a (1week to 1month) temporary league as I have suggested here and here. Of course there would be a need to work on balancing to make sure the game is still beatable.

Questions:
1. Do you think this is a good idea? Why?
2. Is it really intended that the first ~8 hours of Path of Exile game play be played by holding down right-click and obliterating everything? If so, then I would like to say that it gets very tiring fast, and I believe the a lot players have the same experience. Why?

Edit:
edited based on comment. thanks for that.
edit2:
added "why?" and improved my paragraph
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Feb 23, 2015, 4:59:19 PM
+1 to BLAMT league!

I don't fully agree to the rest of his points (it sounds like you don't play hardcore?), but I can agree that the BLAMT race was really fun!
Last edited by MauranKilom on Feb 23, 2015, 9:11:17 AM
Is there any plans to make specific affixes more distinguishable visually?

Corrupted Blood is a fine example. Often i ripped without knowing what hit me. My Freeze pulser had high cast speed, so i machine gun for a while and die, without noticing those blood bubbles around me.

Noticing reflect from far away would be good too.

Storm Herald is a fine example. I died to it few times, but it felt fair, because i didn't move out in time.

Hexfont is nice too. You just see curse dance and understand right away whats happening.

Manual hovering and looking at text affixes is "viable" thing, but when i play PoE i feel like an exile fighting for survival, not a "Monster Affix Data Analyst".

My suggestion would be some sort of aura or something. Or cosmetic Anger aura skull rotating around.
Or just something in general that would say "Stop for a second bro and check the affix" for dangerous affixes.
Last edited by WiseGuard on Feb 23, 2015, 9:13:12 AM
"
WiseGuard wrote:
Is there any plans to make specific affixes more distinguishable visually?

Corrupted Blood is a fine example. Often i ripped without knowing what hit me. My Freeze pulser had high cast speed, so i machine gun for a while and die, without noticing those blood bubbles around me.

Noticing reflect from far away would be good too.

Storm Herald is a fine example. I died to it few times, but it felt fair, because i didn't move out in time.

Hexfont is nice too. You just see curse dance and understand right away whats happening.

Manual hovering and looking at text affixes is "viable" thing, but when i play PoE i feel like an exile fighting for survival, not a "Monster Affix Data Analyst".

My suggestion would be some sort of aura or something. Or cosmetic Anger aura skull rotating around.
Or just something in general that would say "Stop for a second bro and check the affix".

Playing with sound helps. You should always keep an eye on your buff bar (and your life, obviously). If your life starts to degen, just hit your antibleed and disengage for a moment.
Reflect is already visible on the mobs and the rare (although that reminds me of another question...).
"
necrochicken wrote:
Will you stop with the facebreaker hate and let it have some more skills please :) Such a fun unique that you can't really do much with.
they dont really need to add more skillz

they already have skill that could be Facebreakable but the mechanic and tagging is so badly done that they cant. IE: Sheild charge (which doesnt consider shield, it only needs one)

imo shield charge should be reworked to doesnt account weapon and only consider shield.

"
Shield Charge :
Requires: Shield with Armor ( Ar or Ar/ev or Ar/Es), no weapon requirement

Uses a shield to charge foes in line knocking them back and bashing the targeted ennemy. Gain momentum with the lenght of the run. (Longer is the run to the target, the harder the hit will be)

Deals 100% of Shield's armor value*(distance(yard)*15%) and deals X% damage to ennemies in the line(Note:this would make ''Increase defences from equiped shield'' quite useful)
quality:+3% damage to ennemies in the line

they could also make different damage values of type depending on what type of shield it is (es,ar,er,er/es,etc)
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Are there undiscovered recipes?
more known as: Elanif
Hello,

1- Why did you decide that a death in hardcore-league moves the character to it's parent league and not a permanent death like it is in diablo 3 ?

2- Why not make some races last for the whole day so i can participate in a race when i have the time to ?

3- At 1.4 u give us Warcry and maybe other new Gems like this, don't u think that we could need some more Gem-socket's for that (like Pants - would offer a new base with new prefix/Suffix - so maybe cant roll resistances/life but Warcry or other Gems)

4- Why not make Reduced Mana Gem as a global reduce for all auras, so only 1 Reduced mana Gem is needed if i use more than 3 Auras?

5- For melee, why not create gems that are stronger like a Vaal-gem with a CD so i can use more than 1-attack gem? like a stomp that stuns/pulls enemys to me

6- Why not add items like Artefacts that gives a small/decent Bonus/Aura to our character?

7- Why is there no Dragon pet ?!?!

9- If you had the chance to go back in time, is there something you would have done differently to now like dont add an unique or skill gem ?
Last edited by MrZimz on Feb 24, 2015, 12:59:32 PM
Is there a plan to improve the drop- and reward-system? To make it finally feel different if you run 69 maps or 78 maps (or 78+ in act4?) regarding drops?

What about the mf-system? Are you going to stick with it?

Is there a chance to change the story-content so that you don't need to run from act 1 to act 4 in three difficulties anymore when act 4 has been launched?

Can you promise that you never ever will create mobs like the puking birds again? Or content like the imperial gardens, that does not respect the game's limits in any way? Devourers, puking birds, narrow passages, desync and so on.

That's it. Thanks for asking. Looking forward to your answers.

The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Hey GGG, are there any plans to buff Spell Totem and Ranged Attack totem? I feel like where the skills are at right now, they're really only viable as a sort of supporting totem with some sort of utility benefit. I want to be able to play them as my main DPS skill in an Ancestral Bond build.
- What plans for the future do you have to develop technical features (graphics, physics, sounds), and what are restrictions respectively unused potential of the actual engine?

- Are there still actual plans for QoL features regarding trading (own trade stash, direct buy with currency ingame without trade chat?) I know "oldschool trade" is a desired feature of PoE, but especially in leagues with less players (normal HC) it´s sometimes hard to find players online to buy stuff

Große deutsche Community mit TS, Forum und Infos gesucht? -> http://www.exiled.eu/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info