Developer Questions and Answers

What builds are you currently playing? (do you even have time to play outside of testing?)

Will act 4 be released during my exam week like the previous expansion?
Do you consider 3 difficulties in the game good proper design, or are you trying to get rid of some (cruel maybe for now?) as more content is available?

Regarding your recent PoE Russia announcement, can you clear some things up? I've heard that you explicitely stated that there will be no restrictions for users to play on europe gateway from Russia and other russian-speaking countries. But there are some other questions:
1) Will it be true for all the new accounts too or only old accounts can play?
2) Will it be possible to play russian localized client (with russian language) on europe gateway?
3) Will russian-speaking countries be allowed to download and install PoE through Steam ever?
don't nerf any skills or items in the future and buff skills and items we are currently not often using.

I just feel that u guys wanna do the same thing like diablo3 team. Please don't do the wrong thing.
Trading still sucks
1. Will there be many new skills coming out over the next few patch's or in act IV?

2. Can we have some races next season where all mods are running?
ie Torment, Bloodlines, Rampage, Beyond, Ambush, Invasion, Domination, Nemesis, Anarchy, Onslaught

3. i see its been asked already, whats happening with desync are there moar improvements coming?

ps. Thanks to all GGG for keeping secrets. one of the only gaming company's to pull it off in a long time :) lets go fishin some time
Just please give us a text verbatim of video Q&A.
My english is not good enough for sound reception, and I'm sure there's a lot of players like me. Reading the text is the easiest way for us to understand. Thank you.
Sorry my bad english, I'm not the native speaker. Please treat with understanding.
Hi,

i would like to hear more about Monsters unit size and rounding.

A character size is 2 units.
Can you share the units size for:
-Dominus (1,2 form)
-Atziri
-Brutus
-generic mobs

Molten strike

The projectile explosion size is 8 units.
What will happen will conc effect.
Will it round the 5.6 units size down?

Talking about the projectiles spread are they evenly distributed across the area or do they converge toward an edge.
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/DiskPointPicking.html

Magic find diminishing return
Can you share the effective value from some popular Brackets like:
-100,300,500 IIR
-50,100,200 IIQ

Thanks for you'r time.
minion stats: http://goo.gl/gQxs0w
Modifiers: http://goo.gl/jGIr8b
Zombie dps calculator: http://goo.gl/XIStJV
Last edited by Galax201 on Feb 23, 2015, 2:52:19 AM
Is there any chance you are going to increase high level map drop? Say there is 80% chance to get at least 1 map drop of same level which you are playing if the map is of 20% quality (i.e. a lvl 77 map from lvl 20%q 77) or may be there is a 100% chance to get at least one map drop from the map boss (same level).

Thanks
Babai
Hi GGG and Community!

Just one really Important one for me:

How big will the the passive skill tree changes?

1) Huge - like after open beta ended and the official release came out
2) Big - like the one which came with both of the mini-expansions
3) Something what I'd prefer and I think I could call "normal"... something what would not force me to change my char's tree too extremely ;)

TY!
Z.
Hi!

1. Will we receive any new skill gems before Act4?

2. I wish to see more skills doing poison/chaos damage. Currently we have a melee skill and a bow skill for that. I know Desecrate does some poison aoe, but it is unusable as a stand alone skill. So do you plan to make more poison/chaos based skills?

3. There are still areas in the game that nobody wants to do. In guild/friends chat every third question is somebody asking for Solaris waypoint. With act4 do you plan to make this rather annoying and non-rewarding area smaller?

4. I know we got Kinetic Blast, still I think we have way too few options for wand skills. Before Kinetic Blast a wander used 2 power siphon setups, one for aoe, one for single target. Now the same build uses Kinetic Blast/Power Siphon. In terms of gameplay experience it is the same build. Do you plan to make wand skills that offer different mechanics?

5. My last one. Rain is driving me crazy. Areas with rain take forever to load and often causes crashes. Will you address this issue?

Thanks in advance!
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
At the moment with the power levels each person gets from using support gems, the game encourages using only a handful of spells, linked to many support gems. This ultimately makes POE's game-play quite tedious as you use the same few spells in every situation. Do you think you may encourage diversity of skill gems in the future through the addition of more skill slots on gear, the nerfing of support gems or any other means?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info