lets bring in some numbers.. assuming 1:1200 odds

there is 22.1 % chance to 6L with less than 300 fusings
there is 39.3 % chance to 6L with less than 600 fusings
there is 63.2 % chance to 6L with less than 1200 fusings

there is 28.6 % chance not to 6L with 1500 fusings
there is 12.4 % chance not to 6L with 2500 fusings
there is 1.5 % chance not to 6L with 5000 fusings
there is < 0.1% chance not to 6L with 10000 fusings

I think you are still missing some other variables. I think the % chance to 6L an item decreases based on the number of current links. If I recall correctly, I read somewhere that an item with no links has a greater change to 6L then and item with 5 links. Same with sockets.

I recently tried to 6 socket an item. I could have done it with vorici, but had had incredible luck with RNG drops, so I figured... Lets do this. Got to 300+ and said screw it, best I got was 5 socket (which I 5 linked). Next time I will just use vorici.

Seems like you are either lucky with a drop rate, or chance rate for an orbs intended use. never both, at least for me lol. RNG giveth and taketh.
Standard: Level 78 GS/HS Marauder
≈<°^°>≈ Flying Spaghetti Monster for Act4
Last edited by Bohker on Feb 22, 2015, 1:50:17 PM
"
Spend some time with your family, your wife, your dog... you'll waste your time and having nothing to show for it. Holy crap man, I just can't believe it. From best to worst game ever...

I'm curious. If you did 6 link it in a single try, would you have anything to show for it? What exactly? Pixels? Would you show those pixels to your family, your wife, your dog?

Whether you are flat broke, or the richest player in the game, you still have NOTHING to show for it. It's a game. Enjoy playing, or don't play. But to play just to accumulate wealth seems utterly silly to me. No matter how rich you get, you have NOTHING !!!

"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Spend some time with your family, your wife, your dog... you'll waste your time and having nothing to show for it. Holy crap man, I just can't believe it. From best to worst game ever...

I'm curious. If you did 6 link it in a single try, would you have anything to show for it? What exactly? Pixels? Would you show those pixels to your family, your wife, your dog?

Whether you are flat broke, or the richest player in the game, you still have NOTHING to show for it. It's a game. Enjoy playing, or don't play. But to play just to accumulate wealth seems utterly silly to me. No matter how rich you get, you have NOTHING !!!

So tierd of the phrase "ITS PIXELS". It exists like everything else.
Ign Nicolai
Last edited by Badeanda on Feb 23, 2015, 9:56:59 AM
I play this game since MArch 2013, never had the luck to find/link a 6L
This league I decided to give it a shot and my guidies decided to contribute.
After the first wave of ~400 fuses I had no luck, best I got was 5L and I settled for that.
Last weekend I was given another pile of fusings and was lucky enough to 6L under 50 orbs.
Friend of mine always tries to 6L manually and most of the time he gets it below 500 orbs.

Long story short: if you have the orbs and want the 6L badly, go for Vorici. If you don't, try your luck each 150-200orbs and settle for a 5L when you're close to depleting your stock.

€ not sure if someone already asked but: what ilvl is your item? (it doesn't matter AFAIK, just curious)
Last edited by anone on Feb 23, 2015, 10:43:23 AM
Every time i log in... in the town there are at least 30% players with tabula rasa. No more problems with number of sockets, colours and links. All this stupid shit gone away with a single exalt of trading
Last edited by Wispo on Feb 23, 2015, 1:01:23 PM
my story of 6l it.

I already have 620 fuses on stash, and ready for get nothing.but... fuck my life - i do it with only 5 fuse xD. my story seems weird but i marked this day by a red pen.
Im doing around 1700 fuses trying to 6link an item. Would have done better doing the recipe, but hey POE is a gamble.
If there is a 0.1% chance not too 6L with 10k fuses and there are 10k people trying to 6l an item with 10k fuses, then there is a 99.995% chance that atleast 1 of those 10k people will not get a 6L with his 10k fuses. That is one very dissappointed and upset customer, this pure chanced based system makes for a poor crafting system imo.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
I've amassed quite a few fusings ( see image below )
Spoiler

I wanted to 6L a few items .. but i've always stopped myself... master crafting a 6L sounds like too much ... and taking my chance by trying to do it on my own sounds risky... so my pile of fusings just grows and grows ... Now the question that always pops in my head when i feel the urge to 6L something is: "Would it be better to master craft it? Would it be better to try my luck and try to link it the old fashion way? Should i just sell my fusings for exalts and buy and already linked item?" . Eventually i decide that i don't really need a new 6L and that it's better to pile up my currency and buy something new and exciting when such an item comes out ( probably with 1.4 )

gg :D

I raise you..

Spoiler

plus

that I already vorici fused

tho :p

that took me 3 weeks in torment to save enough to vorici 3 six links. If I hand spammed them and got a 6L with every 900 or so, then sold those I could have just kept on going on and on profiting all the way along. People calling cheat and talking about dupes, I dont think thats realistic, I think you guys seriously underestimate what a bit of trading can achieve in this game and how by selling 6 links for more than its costing you to fuse them you could keep it rolling along. There was one guy who found a dupe and got busted, absolutely no reason to presume anyone else was doing the same, there wasnt a dupe going around, it was 1 guy.

those fuse are going back to standard where I will vorici 2 more items, fuck risking that many fuse on a gamble.

"
XigTek wrote:
"
Rowanbladex wrote:
A buddy of mine says otherwise. He has over 140 6 links this league in torment, and says the average is between 700-900. Also, from he experience, he believes that it's better to put fusings on all at once, instead of 40 here, 200 there, another 14 here.

...So, going with the middle of those numbers, your buddy has managed to acquire AT LEAST 112 THOUSAND orbs of fusing in Torment.

Either someone's lying, or there's a bit of hyperbole going on here. Considering it's 2:1 Fuse > Chaos right now, that's roughly 1191 exalted orbs worth of fusings.

EDIT: For the record, that's nearly 17 Exalted Orbs earned a day.

fuse are not 2:1 chaos, at least they wernt, thats a rip off rate, at least it was when I was last in torment. It was about 72 fuse to an exalt and 45 chaos to an exalt, then it slipped to 65 fuse for an ex and chaos were slipping the other way when I left the market, 46, 47, 48, 50...

People will try and buy 2 fuse per chaos, then buy an exalt for 72 fuse, then sell the exalt for 46 chaos, then sell the chaos for 92 fuse, then buy an exalt for 72 fuse... its a scam rate, a chaos hasnt been worth 2 fusing in a long time.

Its not 17 exalts a day anyway, forget even how many the ratios work out to be, its you have 17, you use them, sell the result for 20, use 17 of those to do it again, sell it for 20, use 17 of those to do it again... the guy doesnt have 140 six link chests in his stash and has never owned the equiv value of 140 six links all at once.

"
RunawayFixer wrote:
If there is a 0.1% chance not too 6L with 10k fuses and there are 10k people trying to 6l an item with 10k fuses, then there is a 99.995% chance that atleast 1 of those 10k people will not get a 6L with his 10k fuses. That is one very dissappointed and upset customer, this pure chanced based system makes for a poor crafting system imo.

thats why the added a flat fee of 1500 fusing, if you dont want pure chance you pay the fixed price. Thats all the tools there is, rng gambling and fixed price buying, there is no 3rd option for GGG to implement. There was threads like this, sadly, and people quit the game, and GGG said ok, we want a 6 link to be something that you cant expect to ever get but you guys wont accept this so we will give you 1500 flat cost to stop this happening as its obviously a horrible ordeal. but the threads keep coming, sadly.

To the op, mate, its heartbreaking to hear the story, I genuinely feel bad for you. Its just pixels tho, youll get over it, as much as it sucks you win some and you lose some. This game has raped me so many times in so many ways Ive lost count, but the victories have tasted so sweet, its a game of stark contrast.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info