Discontinued

"
fiqst wrote:
Awesome.

Thanks for posting guys. I wasn't sure if anyone was following this build and i was not planning to update it for 2.0

I definitely will now.

when the changes in the beta are more complete towards the end, I'll start brainstorming ideas.

One interesting unannounced gem is this:

Aurify Curse

Probably never to be released but the implications for auto-cursing are tremendous.

This is definitely the most fun I've had with a build, I've got a templar Mjolner on standard and I think this clears much faster cause flickerstrike can be sustained with only 3 frenzy charges I have been blazing through maps that way, and just 5linked my Doomsower and to my satisfaction bosses no longer stand any chance at surviving the MS cleave :P

the 5L Doom I bought it for just 1c and its got sweet rolls
but like someone else said it is pretty squishy
Last edited by strifed169 on May 15, 2015, 10:43:22 AM
I will definitely try Ice Crash once it goes live. Ive seen a few beta builds and looks perfectly suited to the big single target damage big overkill burn that this build aims for.

One thing im keen to try is how powerful Conc effect will be with this gem.

The 6L planned is:

RRRGGB
Ice crash
MPD
WED
hypothermia
faster attacks (edit: cold pen is better)
Conc effect

the secondary 6L will be:

Flicker
Melee splash
Curse on hit
Ele weakness
Frostbite
Fortify

It is my belief that the damage that ice crash and conc effect will be so powerful, that the nerfs to HoA won't affect the clear speed too much.

So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Last edited by fiqst on May 22, 2015, 9:36:19 AM
Glad to see this still getting some love. I've enjoyed it a lot and I really think this build deserves to be more popular than it is. Great clear speed along with single target damage. I've been playing other builds since returning to the game, and they all seem to lack both of these so far.

I'd look forward to an update for 2.0, but I wouldn't think it'd need anything radical. What I'd really like to see, are some ideas on how to fight/survive bosses, and maybe if it's possible to run Atziri with it?
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
Hello mate, very interesting build, thank you.

I tried your build on my Marauder last night and had a few hours of play. Great dps even with a 5link Doomsower. Attack is fine, clear speed is more than excellent.

I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but i think that i must find some more defensive ways to survive on difficult maps. Some times i died at Courtyard bosses with extra fire damage.

I've two questions:

1. What's your opinion for Blood Rage on this build? I used it all the time last night, but later i played some maps without it, and it seems that i survive better.

2. On your Cast When Damage Taken setup, i see that on your gems order Immortal Call is before Enduring Cry. Is this the best way to use it on this build? Or CWDT->Enduring->Immortal Call would be better?

Thank you!
Hi, blood rage is my main form of life leech and my only form of frenzy charges. The degen is annoying so i've added some life regen on the tree to make it more manageable, and i use flicker pretty extensively so rapid frenzy charges are necessary. If you leap slam to spread curses and have other forms of life leech in your equipment/tree, blood rage is optional.

The cwdt setup is on purpose. Instead of charging and discharging endurance charges instantly, never leaving endurance charges, this way i'll have endurance charges leading up to the next group. Either way is ok
"
fiqst wrote:
Hi, blood rage is my main form of life leech and my only form of frenzy charges. The degen is annoying so i've added some life regen on the tree to make it more manageable, and i use flicker pretty extensively so rapid frenzy charges are necessary. If you leap slam to spread curses and have other forms of life leech in your equipment/tree, blood rage is optional.

The cwdt setup is on purpose. Instead of charging and discharging endurance charges instantly, never leaving endurance charges, this way i'll have endurance charges leading up to the next group. Either way is ok

Great, thanks for your quick response!
That's what i also thought about your CWDT, i prefer to use it like your order. :)

I think the CWDT setup depends on your play style. I'm a little more careful and slower, so I don't always have charges up, so I need to have the CWDT generate charges first, then use them for for Immortal Call.

Thought I'd post my equipment and tree. I've been playing this build for about 6 weeks now since coming back to the game (nice having a few characters with 65+ points waiting for you when you come back to play), and it's a favorite of mine.

So first my tree at Level 88
And how about some gear?
Spoiler

Tree wise, I think the main difference is I've gone for elemental damage (Celestial Judgement) over the points spent in burning damage(Holy Fire). I spent those instead on INT/DEX +30 nodes to ease some equipment usage.

Equipment: I think the Belly of the Beast is better than the cloak, simply because it gives better life and armor. But it is harder to chrome as needed, so you can see I'm using Warlord's Mark for now, which really isn't bad. Not happy with gloves and helmet, but they work well for now until upgrades are found.

I think I'm going to try using Leap Slam as the main choice for cursing instead of Flicker. I think it's better for getting around the map and is more predictable as well (and doesn't need a melee splash either).

And as for curses: how important do you folks think it is to have two curses? Giving up a curse for better boots? Pros/Cons? My main pro is movement speed, but then I'm not sure that's needed with this build. We're not kiting, so it's not so important.

Again, a really fun build. I've had such a good time with it, thanks!
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
Last edited by Bahnzo on May 24, 2015, 10:12:07 AM
Updated details for 2.0:

In 2.0, Ice Crash is the main skill

The reason for ice crash is the unparalleled AoE damage and the fact it uses cold damage, the conversion to fire makes the overall fire penetration even more devastating.

Doomsower: RRRRBG

ice crash
MPD
WED
conc eff
added fire
fortify

Chest: GBBBR+R

flicker
CoH
ele weakness
flammability
splash
+ flame golem

Devoto: GRBB

hatred
hoa
ele prolif
enlighten lvl 3

Windscream: RRRG

cwdt
IC
inc duration
blood rage

Gloves: RRGG

leap slam
faster attacks
vengeance
vaal grace

======================

This is the tree i'm considering:

114 points

This is my gear currently, for the update, what would you change via your gems if you had an unset ring and had an extra gem slot?

I'm only a level 69 and I kill really fast, but I do find myself dying a lot, but that may have to deal with the fact I'm playing on a laptop and I don't got pro-cursor skills.

But overall what do you think as well? I did get really lucky with my 6ls, I was only going for the doomsower, but that linked in under 150, and then I did carcass in 300.
Last edited by BlueBZS on Jul 3, 2015, 12:12:00 AM
"
BlueBZS wrote:
This is my gear currently, for the update, what would you change via your gems if you had an unset ring and had an extra gem slot?

I'm only a level 69 and I kill really fast, but I do find myself dying a lot, but that may have to deal with the fact I'm playing on a laptop and I don't got pro-cursor skills.

But overall what do you think as well? I did get really lucky with my 6ls, I was only going for the doomsower, but that linked in under 150, and then I did carcass in 300.

Very nice gear! Grats on the cheap 6L's

You have a 6L chest, so the 6th link should be fortify, this will make your flicker grant fortify instead of the main attack.

The main attack could include another dps gem like faster attacks since ice crash attacks quite slowly, although maybe fire penetration might be the best option to make for a combined fire pen of 112%, which is massive.

The free slot in the unset can be flame golem.

setup for your gear

This would be the setup if i had a 6L chest.

Doomsower: RRRRB G/R

ice crash
MPD
WED
conc eff
added fire
faster attacks / fire pen

Chest: GGBBBR

flicker
CoH
ele weakness
flammability
splash
fortify

Devoto: GRBB

hatred
hoa
ele prolif
enlighten lvl 2/3

Windscream: RRRG

cwdt
IC
inc duration
blood rage

Gloves: RRGG

leap slam
faster attacks
vengeance
vaal grace

Unset: R

flame golem

By the way, i've included enlighten lvl 2/3 in the set, this may be unavailable to you because the price might go up or you're levelling one right now

there will still be enough mana to attack still without it, but you might be OOM for a second every few attacks, i've used ice crash in the beta without enlighten just fine.
Last edited by fiqst on Jul 3, 2015, 12:54:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info