Season 2 Balance Feedback - Week One

Cyclone still needs to be properly balanced.

Melee in general is way too strong.

Reactive gems need to be balanced.

ELe pen needs to be balanced since almost everyone good uses it since phys damage sucks from the penalty.

The maps are too up and down and favour corner camping which is one of the worst things in this games PvP.

The trappers that run are definitely annoying but the damage isn't really spectacular, it's more of an annoying factor in blitz rounds.

As a 3 year poe lover and customer paying lots of money, I vote for less resources and GGG man hours spent on PVP and more spent on PVE.
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Feb 19, 2015, 9:22:37 AM
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
As a 3 year poe lover and customer paying lots of money, I vote for less resources and GGG man hours spent on PVP and more spent on PVE.

Are you trying to put Qarl out of a job? How rude.

Also I forgot about the ilvl of Leo's gear - ilvl 28 is garbage, please change to 36 thx.
Last edited by Fightgarr on Feb 19, 2015, 9:24:17 AM
I'm not worried at all that melee builds might get nerfed. After the swiss event it'll be obvious which builds will be nerfed and those are not melees or puncture trappers.

Also imo, knockback on heavystrike is a drawback if you are trying to perma stun someone, unless against a wall; because by the time you walk up to the kocked back target, he's not stunned anymore and has moved away.

Personally, against trappers who tend to move all the time, I use cyclone which has less dps compared to heavystrike but since it's an AOE gem, it's more likely to hit the moving target. At the same time, I tend to beat cyclone with heavystrike and specially molten strike with life gain on hit. Therefore, I don't see the reason why cyclone should be nerfed.

Edit : I've heard from my friends that after the change to cyclone in 1.3.something, slow weapons like facebreakers do extra damage due to the initial hit when you re cast your cyclone quick and multiple times. I use a fast foil 2aps and I don't benefit from this change. I'm not aware of all the details.
Last edited by Mephisto_n on Feb 19, 2015, 11:53:37 PM
I play puncture as a single target bow skill, I don't use it with traps.

The problem with puncture is the trap gem. As a single target bow skill, it is defenitly beatable.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth
"
Monstacookie wrote:

I'd like to point out that there are certain builds who rely on that -50% from EE to be viable. I'm currently playing an EA character and this is one of those builds.

I've been testing the single target damage from EA (this means spamming a target untill 5 stacks of EA are reached and then letting it explode without the target being near any walls) and against some players I just can not do enough damage to bring down their hp, their life regen literally outheals it.
Keep in mind I am using dual curses (ele weakness + flamability) and EE!

Nerfing EE by half would make these players completely immune to my "non-wallbang" shots.

Don't get me wrong, EE can still be very powerful when used by certain builds, but nerfing EE would also mean that they are nerfing a bunch of other builds who weren't that OP to begin with.

EDIT: There might not be a way to dispell EE but there are ways to counter it, slapping on a purity of X for example like some of the players have started doing already reduces the effectiveness of EE by more than 50% (26% resistance on a lvl 7 purity of X)! If they reduced the effectiveness of the keystone AND the player is using a purity of X, the EE would just completely be negated!

I'm sorry but this post is very bias to the build your playing.

First off, EE is extremely strong in HLD as I pointed out. You know how strong EA EE is in HLD, it has been this way for three years without a nerf. Fixing one of the biggest imbalance of HLD at the possible cost of an LLD build is very suitable. However, i dont think it will destroy your build, here is why:

You get -23% fire res from Flammability, -23% all resistances from Ele Weakness, -50% Fire + 1 other Resistance from Elemental Equilibrium and finally you have a Fire Pen that does -Minus Max to your fire resistance. That's -96% fire res and your maximum res is changed from 75 to 58%... Some players struggle even reaching 75% fire res, let alone being overcapped enough for this. Let me add to that, that it ignores your block chance so a crest of perandus is 0% for that fight.

Explosive Arrow has always and will always be a gimmicky skill too. The ONLY way it's ever worked is by spamming walls to avoid block chance and get the 1 stack duration. Players in 1v1 will go up to a wall and spam and certain melee players cannot do anything. This is an awkward way to duel and is completely broken in HLD. In HLD you can have 75% block and EA will ignore it. That's even stronger than RT countering Evasion Rating. EA counters so many points invested in block it's ridiculous.

EA is 100% broken in HLD and awkward and gimmicky in LLD too (but not OP). So I understand it hurts to see your LLD build possibly nerfed due to HLD, however the truth is, it has always been a stupid wall mechanic and considering the build has won you some demis this season, it does not entirely mean that you wouldn't ever win again. Remember a lot of the top tier builds that got nerfed from last season are still in the same place. Also the only part that will change to your build is the value of EE, going from 50 to 30? 25? That is one change to a demi winning build. That's nothing compared to how hard some other builds got hit after season 1.

I feel for you but you know exactly how EA is in HLD, you play there yourself. EA + Aegis wins events.
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Feb 19, 2015, 11:30:39 AM
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:

Lol bro. There's 1-2 guys working on pvp a few times a week at most. We are talking about tweaks to gem damage values. You are talking as if GGG put all their staff onto pvp and plans to slow act 4 by six months...

There are players who don't race and you don't see them complaining about the time being spent in racing.

I don't play Standard leagues, and you don't see me complaining when they make changes to Torment or XP lost penalty or TMT-only uniques... What i'm saying is, don't be so self entitled because your a paying customer. I'm a paying customer too...
IGN: @GreenDude
Last edited by GreenDude on Feb 19, 2015, 11:35:57 AM
EE is imo not broken in HLD. Not fair to count in curses since it's possible to ward them off, and you dont need to overcap all resist with 50%, mainly only fire and cold(if one, only fire)
It's hard to remember what you have forgotten
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why are police looking for missing people? None of them were missing last time I saw them
Last edited by Tommie_Sjukskriven on Feb 19, 2015, 11:51:31 AM
"
GreenDude wrote:
What i'm saying is, don't be so self entitled because your a paying customer. I'm a paying customer too...

No worries mate. : ) Just giving my pvp feedback as Qarl requested. May we all vote with our dollars and our numbers and our time.
Hardcore
I play puncture as a single target bow skill, I don't use it with traps.

The problem with puncture is the trap gem. As a single target bow skill, it is defenitly beatable.
God_of_Thieves_LLD_PVP__I hate the Labyrinth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info