Flameblast nerf

I havent seen much of a difference after the nerf

flameblast is still insane as a leveling gem that requires no investment at all

flameblast+echo+prolif 3 link combo can last you from the time you can use flameblast until 79 maps

that shit is THAT good
RIP in pepperino flameblasterino

Or not really, it's still strong as fuck lol
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Magnus still casts a one-shottarino. Plz nerf more.
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
maulepan wrote:
You can not nerf Flameblast. Its just the Proliferation Mechanic which is a little out of balance.
I am playing a Flameblaster and i cant tell the difference then before the patch. It has absolutly no effect on the clear speed. It only increases the duration of boss fights by 20%.

Now that is what I would call a perfect balance move. Since every build is able to kill the trash mobs within the blink of an eye it would have been pointless to nerf this part of the skill. But nerfing bossfight speed by about 20% seems ok. Maybe 25-30% would have been even better but hey, it is not a plain nerf this time it is a straight balance move. Balance team is getting better - no irony!

Flameblast has never been good in killing bosses. The most you can get out of Flameblast was around 40k dps. (6l lvl 21 flameblast + constantly casting + brun damage + 20/23 ele weekness)
Thats has never been overpowered at all.
Last edited by maulepan on Feb 14, 2015, 4:09:07 AM
"
maulepan wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
maulepan wrote:
You can not nerf Flameblast. Its just the Proliferation Mechanic which is a little out of balance.
I am playing a Flameblaster and i cant tell the difference then before the patch. It has absolutly no effect on the clear speed. It only increases the duration of boss fights by 20%.

Now that is what I would call a perfect balance move. Since every build is able to kill the trash mobs within the blink of an eye it would have been pointless to nerf this part of the skill. But nerfing bossfight speed by about 20% seems ok. Maybe 25-30% would have been even better but hey, it is not a plain nerf this time it is a straight balance move. Balance team is getting better - no irony!

Flameblast has never been good in killing bosses. The most you can get out of Flameblast was around 40k dps. (6l lvl 21 flameblast + constantly casting + brun damage + 20/23 ele weekness)
Thats has never been overpowered at all.

I had 4k tooltip per charge without crit before patch. 40k dps is far below max dps when burn is taken into consideration.
Last edited by Mr_Mustasch on Feb 14, 2015, 7:15:13 AM
next on the list:
Kinetic Blast
Tornado Shot

what up cuzz
"
feelgewd wrote:
next on the list:
Kinetic Blast
Tornado Shot

I prefer if the mechanic behind Tornado Shot is tweaked to an extent that it makes less likely to be the one and only bow skill to go for.

As for Kinectic Blast, I do not think it needs a nerf because its only competition it has is Power Siphon, and PS is extremely good with single-targeting. Wanders are really limited when it comes skill choice. :\
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 14, 2015, 11:25:19 AM
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
feelgewd wrote:
next on the list:
Kinetic Blast
Tornado Shot

I prefer if the mechanic behind Tornado Shot is tweaked to an extent that it makes less likely to be the one and only bow skill to go for.

As for Kinectic Blast, I do not think it needs a nerf because its only competition it has is Power Siphon, and PS is extremely good with single-targeting. Wanders are really limited when it comes skill choice. :\

on torment i've been playing kinetic and it has insane clear speed even in 77-78+ maps and i just have a feeling they 'might' nerf it, hopefully not tho
what up cuzz
"
feelgewd wrote:

on torment i've been playing kinetic and it has insane clear speed even in 77-78+ maps and i just have a feeling they 'might' nerf it, hopefully not tho

Funny thing is, my incinerator build has better clear speed than KB just because it melts everything, be it multi-target and single-target (mostly bosses fall in this category). I find KB meh when trying to target one thing at a time compare to Power Siphon at high level mapping.

Edit: I do understand KB is a very popular choice these days, but I just cannot find it good enough to deal with bosses. I mostly use Power Siphon against bosses since it can kill them much faster.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 14, 2015, 1:35:08 PM
"
PandaBears wrote:
what's the purpose of nerfing a skill? only rich people get to have overpowered chars?-

You can still have cheap and overpowered chars, other skills also let you proliferate burn. Hit one monster, entire screen gets ignited.

Explosive Arrow will do the same with 1c weapon and 1c quiver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info