Stringing on the Kickstarter customer, or Why this game needs to die

"
Well, fuck it. I tried explaining myself and still certain people want to get on my case.

Fine. Have it your way.

I chatted with Chris for two hours today, on and off. He messaged me first, and answered every question I had, and some I'd only ranted about here.

I know things. I can't say. But I can say: I can't wait.

So, yeah. Okay. I'm special after all.

I'm not just another player.

But if you want the best for this game, for GGG, your fight isn't with me.

I'm out.

I'm not jealous of the fact you get to casually talk to Chris about the game.
Spoiler
Lying
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Feb 11, 2015, 4:46:52 AM
"
Why are people acting like them giving GGG money is a 'support donation'? Didn't you all get the MTX points, kiwis, rhoas, unique designs, grandmasters, skins, ect ect?

You didn't donate to the game like an investor, you bought a supporter pack that came with more value than buying points alone. You act like you were an investor in this game and deserve to be heard, you weren't you got a package for your money. Any other expectations are your cross to bear.

Because when we donated we donated for the cause, not for the goodies.
We donated for what GGG stands for. And I can agree some are quite upset.
I'm not THAT upset because it's still just a game and I don't care about it as much as others.
It's still sad to see what it should have become and what it's developing into.
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
"
Why are people acting like them giving GGG money is a 'support donation'? Didn't you all get the MTX points, kiwis, rhoas, unique designs, grandmasters, skins, ect ect?

You didn't donate to the game like an investor, you bought a supporter pack that came with more value than buying points alone. You act like you were an investor in this game and deserve to be heard, you weren't you got a package for your money. Any other expectations are your cross to bear.

Because when we donated we donated for the cause, not for the goodies.
We donated for what GGG stands for. And I can agree some are quite upset.
I'm not THAT upset because it's still just a game and I don't care about it as much as others.
It's still sad to see what it should have become and what it's developing into.

All these CB'ers QQ'ing "oh the game hasn't turned out how they said it would"...WTF are you even talking about? Be specific because all I see is a game that has fleshed out it's bare bones CB state with all the regular tropes you would expect to see in the genre i.e. shrines, lock boxes, mob affixes, side zones, crafting, ect ect.

What the fuck were you guys expecting?

You talk about CB like it was some holy land but it was fucking weak compared to what we have today...like 3 viable builds (GS, FP, SA) and barely any content to actually play, the game was boring as shit, the only thing it showed was potential.

So puh-lease, take off the rose tinted spectacles and actually remember what this game was really like 2years ago.
"

I know things. I can't say. But I can say: I can't wait.

I'm out.

clearly charon is going to announce a run for president of the us.

;)
"
All these CB'ers QQ'ing "oh the game hasn't turned out how they said it would"...WTF are you even talking about? Be specific because all I see is a game that has fleshed out it's bare bones CB state with all the regular tropes you would expect to see in the genre i.e. shrines, lock boxes, mob affixes, side zones, crafting, ect ect.

What the fuck were you guys expecting?

You talk about CB like it was some holy land but it was fucking weak compared to what we have today...like 3 viable builds (GS, FP, SA) and barely any content to actually play, the game was boring as shit, the only thing it showed was potential.

So puh-lease, take off the rose tinted spectacles and actually remember what this game was really like 2years ago.

This is exactly what I'm thinking. There was so little variety then.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
Moosifer wrote:
There was so little variety then.

Hell, at least it was real. I think of CB as "the time before time, when you played a caster on natural ES regen and chaos wasn't an element".
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

Hell, at least it was real. I think of CB as "the time before time, when you played a caster on natural ES regen and chaos wasn't an element".

Huh, funny because it was actually just a time when you stacked crit multi and cast speed in the tree and spammed 100% crit diamond flasks like cptn. cheese.
"
raics wrote:
"
Moosifer wrote:

CB only had to deal with zombies, rhoas, bandits, and.....crabs. There was no mobs that went ballistic on you like these leaping frogs and devourers are today. Hell, act 3 mobs paved the trend for craziness.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

CB was special for many reasons. Not all of them good. The community was tighter and trying to help the game improve. You could post a suggestion and even if it was completely dismissed, they explained politely why it should be dismissed.

It was also a breath of fresh air for those of us waiting for D3 after playing D2 for years and years. I didn't mid the short instances, the monsters spamming their attacks like machine guns, and having to go through Ruthless.

In many ways the game has improved, but not for everyone. Traders, party players, bow and casters have seen the game get very easy, but balanced it is not. And that leads to frustration. I loved my Face Breaker, but when 3x came out, I couldn't play it anymore. The can't miss lighting arc attacks killing me from off screen even with max resist.

3x also came with mostly cold attacks. Why? Because with cold attacks the enemy slows you down and that makes it more HARDCORE. In a game that speed kills, they artificially created roadblocks to slow us down. In D2 there were plenty of gear that you could find to prevent yourself from being frozen, but not in PoE.

Mana is not equal either. Look at the Maurader side of the tree and see how much added, regen and steal there is. Yet once you get up to five and six linked items, your need for mana is just as great as the other builds. That means mana flasks, but you need life too due to melee taking the full force of armor only protecting against physical. So no room for specialized flasks that everyone tells me will solve all my problems whenever I complain about something being unbalanced.

I hope Act 4 fixes many issues, but I won't hold my breath.

Personally I would love to see Ruthless brought back with a slower level progression, but better optimized gear. Its not going to happen.

Last word: Back to the original argument, starving GGG isn't the answer to get them to move on to the next project. It could kill the company though.
"
Huh, funny because it was actually just a time when you stacked crit multi and cast speed in the tree and spammed 100% crit diamond flasks like cptn. cheese.

...CB? The time where the top 20 of the ladder was GS, FP or summoner? Where the builds you mentioned couldn't figure out how to survive reflect after it was buffed way up while nerfing res.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info