Stringing on the Kickstarter customer, or Why this game needs to die

"
So if you see what I say and think 'this guy just wants the devs to do what he wants', please read again. I have the game's health in mind, always.

Rather your reasons be selfish or altruistic, I stand by everything I said. Your motivations aren't relevant to my point. The soundness of your ideas/posts isn't really relevant to what I've said here either.

My point here is simple: people who think that they are entitled to influencing GGG's design of the game - especially by giving them money - need a head check at the door. Because they don't. They may have in CB/OB, but not anymore. By definition, the claims of the OP - that this is a Kickstarter funding model - are invalid.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Feb 10, 2015, 7:17:53 PM
Well Scrotie burned out. Damn.

"
Moosifer wrote:
Man, sometimes I feel like the only old timer that feels like the game has gotten better.

Nope.

Also, while I support folks' right to say whatever, it dun mean I like it when they say the game I happen to enjoy "needs to die."

In fact, it rather pisses me off.

If you dun like PoE, go away. Find something else that makes you happy.

Dun hang around, pissing in the punchbowl while the rest of us are still enjoying the party. =>[.]<=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Moosifer wrote:
Man, sometimes I feel like the only old timer that feels like the game has gotten better.
Moose, come to the Dark Side. You can see the stage better from here.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
as much as i like to complain about the major flaws in this game

GGG have done pretty good so far and im sick of complaining on the forums.

it would be nice to see the devs come to the forums every now and then and calm peoples tits though :p
"
I knew this thread would get silly once I went to bed and woke back up. I was correct.

New solution is your not allowed to sleep.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I haven't had anywhere near enough PoE1 tyvm.

Loved it the first time I played, still do.
We tested it extensively
I love this game, I just hate when they nerf stuff. I like when skills are powerful and you destroy everything in your path... improvements have always been there to me, as well as not so much improvements. This game is fun to me so long as it never becomes a second job.
"
Garr0t wrote:
Moose, come to the Dark Side. You can see the stage better from here.

Oh, I RAGED before SotV before I took a break. Now there's a ton of variety gem wise, arguably more than there ever has been, the tree feels really good, nothing feels OP, some areas feel weak but nothing extreme.

Nothing feels too weak, very few feel too strong without expensive uniques. Game feels way better today than it did in CB.

When the game starts getting shitty again expect a 10 page feedback post from me. Until then, gonna keep playing.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
As a Supporter, you get to Support the developer as they work on developing the game you'd like to Support so you can see it in the future after you're done Supporting its development.

Except you won't see it, because this Path of Exile will never be that game.

I beg to differ. Path of Exile is still the game I supported, and still the game I wish to possibly support in the future. For all the wonky programming, broken instances, and busted-ass uniques (of both the Windripper and Marylene's Fallacy variety), the game still has such an amazing depth of customization that I STILL have yet to try out everything I've wanted to, to the point where I've seriously considered compiling a list of all the things I want to make so I don't forget them. And that is exactly what I wanted to support - a crazy, bloody playground where madmen like myself can play with the artefacts of a dead civilization to our heart's content.

However, I don't know if it would be a wise idea to continue to make the current game when they could be working on another game of equal scope, but with fewer glaring issues. I will fully admit to my lack of awareness of what it takes to actually making a game, my only experience in the topic being one particularly frustrating summer in Python during which I swore a lot at GUIs, but I strongly suspect that GGG could be allocating significant resources to remaking PoE, or making a sequel, or making a spinoff, or whatever. They could be making something else entirely that both satisfies the batshit desires of theorycrafters like myself AND provides for those who think the current game is a little stale or broken.

Then again, maybe Act 4 will be just that. Supposedly, they've been working really hard on it. Who knows.

TL;DR: I still like the game, and I'm still willing to support it and do not regret the support I gave the game in the past; but despite that, GGG could probably be taking all the resources and experience they got out of making PoE and making something better, rather than attempting to mask the flaws of what they have now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info