Doeboy™ 👊 #1 Cast On Cyclone Discharge HP/Dodge or CI

:^)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Dec 8, 2015, 2:49:18 PM
"
"
forsti wrote:

I just had a look at this calculator... It's alright for calculating single target dps, but the assumption that you start every fight without any charges at all isn't in 95% of cases.

Ahh, I dont see what ur arguement is here. May u explain?
Sorry for my bad english which is not my mother language.

It isn't my mother language neither, but i'll try my best to explain:
The damage calculated is based on the assumption, that you don't have any power or endurance charges at the beginning. You can just figure that out by looking at the graph (no endurance charge and 0,47 power charges on average after the first hit).
When you're clearing a map, you almost always have a couple of charges from previous monsters when you move to the next room... The numbers you get from that calculator don't represent actual gameplay

Don't get me wrong, the author did a great job. It's pretty interresting to see how different changes in gear,tree,gems affect the damage...

Edit:
Read your post after i submitted - sry doe
Last edited by forsti on Nov 24, 2015, 10:27:42 AM
"
Feel free to open a discussion here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/gameplay-discussion

But please leave this guide with the discussion of a 0.x% difference of 2 items which 95% of the playerbase will never be able to get, and which are also not required to run this build.

Thanks in adv.

~Doe

It's not about the dagger anymore...
Apparently, forsti has some question about that CoC calculator tool.

"
"
forsti wrote:

I just had a look at this calculator... It's alright for calculating single target dps, but the assumption that you start every fight without any charges at all isn't in 95% of cases.

Ahh, I dont see what ur arguement is here. May u explain?
Sorry for my bad english which is not my mother language.

Ok, i got it.
So, u missed an option on that tool which is
#Targets:____________(how many targets will you hit with ALL your attack and spells)
if u wanna simulate the boss fight (single target), input will be 1.
if u wanna simulate the map clearing (multi targets), input will be 2~6. (dps wont be increased even if the input is 7 or more.)

basically, royal skean still beats poignard in 6 targets, so i didnt post the screen shot.
the result shows that the average pc's and ec's u have is 3~4 and 2~3 respectively from the site.
For clearing map, maximize ur pc/ec to 6/6 is still effective because u only take some nodes for that dps improvement.
but for single target (boss fight), maximize ur charges is useless.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
"
forsti wrote:

The damage calculated is based on the assumption, that you don't have any power or endurance charges at the beginning. You can just figure that out by looking at the graph (no endurance charge and 0,47 power charges on average after the first hit).
When you're clearing a map, you almost always have a couple of charges from previous monsters when you move to the next room... The numbers you get from that calculator don't represent actual gameplay

Just adjust n hits from 6 to 15 or 20 to account for this. Or an even larger number. As you increase n hits the few hits you do with 0 charges will be insignificant to the total average. (I'm the author of the calc).

Also Ray in your screenshots you have "IAS Jewels: 6" and "Crit Multi Jewels: 6" . These inputs aren't the number of jewels with that stat, rather the total amount of ias/crit multi from all jewels combined. Doe really does only have 6 ias from jewels, but he has 18 crit multi. Not sure whether you understood this correctly.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Last edited by MatrixFactor on Nov 24, 2015, 1:43:31 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
Also Ray in your screenshots you have "IAS Jewels: 6" and "Crit Multi Jewels: 6" . These inputs aren't the number of jewels with that stat, rather the total amount of ias/crit multi from all jewels combined. Doe really does only have 6 ias from jewels, but he has 18 crit multi. Not sure whether you understood this correctly.

I guess you missread the 12% global crit chance to 12% crit multiplier.
Or maybe i missed something.
IGN: Rayamn
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/723972 (Shop)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1114670 (Mirror Service)
to summarize my unanswered question:)

do i need the herald of ice / cold dmg on rings to get the ee effect workin
or will ice nova also do the job against single mobs?

kind regards and thanks for your help:)
"
"
MatrixFactor wrote:

I guess you missread the 12% global crit chance to 12% crit multiplier.
Or maybe i missed something.

I believe 12% crit multi with cold skills benefits discharge. Last time I tested it did improve my tooltip with just ECs and PCs up.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Hi Doe,

Just a quick query.

What gems are beneficial to have quality on?

So far I've maxed quality on my Cyclone (+aoe) and Cast on Critical Strike (+crit chance).

Just wondering what to work on next!
Last edited by Thauma on Nov 24, 2015, 9:41:10 PM
:^)
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Dec 8, 2015, 2:49:33 PM
will check it out

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info