Leave trading alone, don't waste resources on it

The trading system is fine as it is, there is no need to waste resources to eliminate a little extra inconvenience (aka effort) for a mass overhaul on something that is performing adequately and isnt broken.

Continue to devote the majority of resources on on content, innovation and pressing issues that desperately and clearly need fixes and improvements such as optimization and performance.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
There is nothing "fine" about trading as it is. It's primitive, irritating, and inconvenient. I know plenty of players who have quit the game because they were fed up with it.

That said, I do agree that I would rather they work on optimization and do whatever they can for desync first.

After that, trading needs a huge overhaul, but TONS of threads already exist with great feedback and suggestions on how to fix it. Hell, I've even posted some about it around half a year ago.
"
There is nothing "fine" about trading as it is. It's primitive, irritating, and inconvenient. I know plenty of players who have quit the game because they were fed up with it.

But I thought all the players you knew quit because of desync. Which is it again? I guess it depends on the topic you want to argue.

"
That said, I do agree that I would rather they work on optimization and do whatever they can for desync first.

O there is the desync point.

"
After that, trading needs a huge overhaul, but TONS of threads already exist with great feedback and suggestions on how to fix it. Hell, I've even posted some about it around half a year ago.

Trading doesn't need a complete overall. At best it needs an forum initiated "steam-like" offer trading system so players in different time zones can do one off trades, maybe even limited to 1 per day, else we risk automation taking over.

QoL features that can support the existing system and game are best though. Like an auto reply saying character has been afk for 15 min or XX min will give people a better idea if they should move on or wait. Keep in mind a lot of people forget that /whois command exists so that can help to see if someone is mapping.

The thing Id on't understand is why do you have issues with so many aspects of the game and still feel a need to play it?

Trade system sucks
Desync sucks
Melee sucks
Flask are op
Mjolner is op
Shavs is op.

You might not specifically check all those boxes, but people need to realize the purpose of this game is to have fun not create this 2nd life where the world of wraeclast is fair and equal to all.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
There's no reason to have to trade this way when better options exist or are easy to implement. It is primitive. The barter system as a concept is exponentially more so, but I can live with that as a design choice if they just made the process of trading less irritating.
Between procurement and poe.trade I have never had an issue with trading. I'm not sure why anyone wants ggg to spend time on this. Maybe I'm missing something but the current options are fairly convenient.

Maybe someone can give me a good reason though, idk.

See Goetz, we do agree on some things. But only the ones that make sense.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 4, 2015, 4:37:17 PM
"
There's no reason to have to trade this way when better options exist or are easy to implement. It is primitive. The barter system as a concept is exponentially more so, but I can live with that as a design choice if they just made the process of trading less irritating.

if it is so easy to implement better options why haven't they been implemented yet?

maybe those options are not as easy to implement or as effective as you think, with GGGs budget.. you have to consider security and execution very much because any misstep could really mess up the economy and everyone knows that cant happen. cost/benefit to do a trade overhaul is not worth it for both players and GGG.
Dark_Chicken - lvl 100 Marauder
Divine_Chicken - lvl 100 Duelist
Goetzjam, how is it you can't tell the difference between "I know a lot of people have quit for various reasons" and "Most people quit because of desync?" And why do you feel the need to drag that off-topic nonsense into the thread? I'm quite honestly surprised you haven't been banned from the forums. It's like you only post here to troll and start flame wars with people. That said, I can't take your posts seriously, so I'll just treat them as satire and enjoy the laugh.

As for the topic, I wasn't arguing about desync, but merely stating where I feel GGG's priorities should be on the matter. Acting like everything in the game is fine is simply foolish, and even GGG knows there are weaknesses they need to shore up. Otherwise they wouldn't bother dedicating resources to bug fixes, new content, balance issues, new features, etc. The only thing I don't get is why people are afraid of having new and helpful features in the game that make it more enjoyable for as many people as possible.

And why is automation a negative thing again? I don't see a reason we should have to rely on another person who is indecisive, slow, rude, etc to finish the trade or deal with them trying to haggle the price in their attempt to flip it. If they don't want the trade, all they have to do is click decline, and I'd rather have it done in a way where I can keep playing while he makes up his mind.
"
"

if it is so easy to implement better options why haven't they been implemented yet?

maybe those options are not as easy to implement or as effective as you think, with GGGs budget.. you have to consider security and execution very much because any misstep could really mess up the economy and everyone knows that cant happen. cost/benefit to do a trade overhaul is not worth it for both players and GGG.

Well, seeing as how they never responded to the thread I made about it, any reason why they didn't is merely speculative. I'd be curious to know why as well. However, the suggestions I offered don't inherently include ways to cheat (not to say it's impervious to it), so any cheating that could occur would be a fault of the person working the code, not the feature itself.

As for the risk of messing up the economy, I believe that is minimal. At most, it will mess up one season's economy, and put a minor dent in Standard. You don't honestly believe they would allow rampant cheating to occur for very long, do you? I think they would do something about it as soon as they found out about it. On the other hand, the trade system is among the most complained about things in the game (may not be the precise order of commonality, but desync is #1):

1. Desync
2. Drop rates / crafting RNG
3. Trade system
4. Uniques (poorly designed, not strong enough, too rare, etc; everyone has their own)
5. Various balance issues
6. Poor performance optimization
7. Game difficulty (too hard or too easy, depending on who you ask)
8. Desync

Therefore, I think it warrants the attention. Saying "it's fine" is pretty foolish.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Between procurement and poe.trade I have never had an issue with trading. I'm not sure why anyone wants ggg to spend time on this. Maybe I'm missing something but the current options are fairly convenient.

So you don't have issue with trading when you are using 2 3rd party tools to make it work?

Can't see anything wrong with that?

Try using procurement with steam client without knowledge about web development tools. It is fine and there is no issue with trading.

I play self found solely for the reason trading being so cumbersome, I don't imagine many have the patience for this and leave for other games instead.
"
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

So you don't have issue with trading when you are using 2 3rd party tools to make it work?

Can't see anything wrong with that?

Try using procurement with steam client without knowledge about web development tools. It is fine and there is no issue with trading.

I play self found solely for the reason trading being so cumbersome, I don't imagine many have the patience for this and leave for other games instead.

You'd be surprised how many do have the patience for this nonsense. I do all my trading in-game because I hate having to tab back and forth. My own philosophy is that games should be sufficiently self-contained without relying on 3rd party resources to fix their problems. Still, I don't have to imagine people have left for this reason. I've seen plenty of people leave for this reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info