Play Low Life without Shav/Solaris, play as you want.

I tried a LL No Shavs build earlier in Torment using this. I had to reroll because I made too many mistakes.

I'm of the opinion that an ES Helm with max Chaos Resist is better than the crown; despite being an "uncommon" suffix, Chaos Resistance can appear wherever elemental resists can... which is also everywhere. the 20% damage increase isn't really worth it versus the +100 flat ES of a rare helm plus other relevant stats like elemental resists. the CoD thing limits its slots to only Auras which was a slight peeve for me, and while the cast speednegative mana reg didn't affect me that much, it's still a negative.

Also, by personal experience I find Life regen to be better instead of taking %life nodes; This was my critical mistake when I did my buiid, as even though the damage I receive from most Chaos sources is small enough to be managed, needing to use a life flask every time makes it unwieldy, and continuous high chaos damage will kill you.

EDIT: Mana Regen, not Cast Speed
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
Last edited by enveratise on Feb 1, 2015, 6:56:43 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Ignore the CoD gem on there, for example put and CWDT set-up in there that ignores the CoD gem.

And you have an amazing helmet for the right builds.

Peace,

-Boem-

its already supported by trigger gem. 2 trigger gems wont work at all

"1.2.2
We have restricted skills to only work with a single trigger gem at a time. Skills supported by multiple triggers will be disabled and won't work with any of them."

IGN: UbogiMurarz
Last edited by adi00000 on Feb 1, 2015, 6:55:57 PM
Well, Cast on Death only supports spells, so even putting a 4L attack in there would work.

I played Ghudda's Low Life Shavronneless build with a few tweaks of mine and it was quite resilient.

As of now, you could go Blood Magic with Mortal Conviction and stack auras like no tomorrow, while also leaving open like 1-1.2k life for paying skills and surviving chaos damage (3k life is easily achievable with a couple pieces of gear with life and some nodes) while also using better chests than Shav's like a 6-700 ES chest with res (that will more than make up for the loss of 100 ES in the helm) and play basically whatever you want, from CoC to ST to Mjolner to whatever you can wish for.

Just grab a Crown and another couple pieces of chaos res gear (you can cap res with purities thanks to reduced reservation nodes and Mortal Conviction) and call it a day.

Ming's not even required since it won't do much unless you chose an attack as your main source of DPS.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Hi enveratise,

the final, the real idea is just use a few items for Low Life and the remaining items for your build.

TBC+Mings+another with 30% = 75%+ (with Saffells 79/80%)

If you change TBC or Mings, you'll need more Chaos res items, so, why the protagonist is TBC and not Mings?, because Mings is just for phys builds, and TBC can be used for Spell and Phys, and got a low life buff.
My Low Life nonShav's/Solaris guide -> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1192209/page/1/
I'm currently trying a hybrid LL non-Shavs/Solaris build in Bloodlines... currently at level 86 and yet to switch to LL, I experimented with it, but I need to level my gems a little further, should be ready by level 90.

I'm not saying that the build is great etc, but simply sharing for comparison purposes:

KEY STATS (MERC)
- capped Resists (lightning via PoL)
- 66% Chaos Resist
- around 4,500 ES
- around 3,300 Life
- around 25% phys reducation (up to ~35% when I put on Determination)
- >30% crit chance (without charges)

Gear

Tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABAcEswVCBx4I9A5IES8RlhNxE54WbxcvGjgbJRzcHRQdTySqJpUnLysKLJwtHzW5Nuk6WEGWQ8hJUUmxS65Ms08EVUtVxlXWWK5boFxrXfJepWHiZJ1k52aeaPJqQ2sXbRlwUnDVfA5-M3_GgKSCm4PbhEiJ04w2jHaOZI9Gj_qQVZMnlSCVLpo7m6GiAKKjpJGnK6dVrJius7b3tvq3MbzqwBrAVMBmwfPDbdD11abXz9lb34rhc-Nq6QLr9ew47TzviPAf8NXyHfem99f5N_rS

My plan is to level up my BM and RM gems to 20 by around level 90 and pick up another 4% mana reduction from the tree. Then switch to LL by turning on Determination. This will give me roughly 1,200 Life to deal with Chaos damage. I also have an "Eye of Chayula" ready to go for preventing stuns meaning I loose around 5% Crit Chance by dropping Ungil's Harmony. I could also probably start shopping for some other gear upgrades (Ring, Gloves and maybe boots).

Anyway, hoping it will work. Already reached 85, so nothing left to do but expirement. :)
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Last edited by Kaysee on Feb 2, 2015, 12:08:06 AM
Ming's Heart? that's actually interesting.

Two of those can actually make for a nice EK or SWT build.

Saffell's Frame doesn't really boost your maximum chaos resistance. :P

and IMO, If I were to pick between three unique items that give chaos Res versus four rare items that give the same amount of Chaos Res, I'd pick the latter because of usually higher ES it could give, as well as the flexibility of the other mods :P
Better stay in the land of the damned, Exile. Here, even the very words are corrupted by Nightmare.
"
robotamen wrote:
Hi enveratise,

the final, the real idea is just use a few items for Low Life and the remaining items for your build.

TBC+Mings+another with 30% = 75%+ (with Saffells 79/80%)

If you change TBC or Mings, you'll need more Chaos res items, so, why the protagonist is TBC and not Mings?, because Mings is just for phys builds, and TBC can be used for Spell and Phys, and got a low life buff.
Not using Ming's, tho, will open you up to a ring slot that can also have up to 30 chaos res and other good mods, say a Diamond ring with flat ES, %ES and Chaos res or something like that, depending on your build goals, with RT it's a lot easier to build for a good DPS without traveling trough the whole tree.

Also, the chest that is usually with only 40 light res (Shav's) can have 3x ele res or 2 ele + chaos, along with 600+ ES to give you a nice amount of survivability.

@enveratise:
Yes, Saffel's does indeed boost your max chaos res.
IGN:
Jiaozy - Jiaozy[something]
Saffels with 25% buff will boost its effect to 5% instead of 4% if i am not mistaken as-well.

And mings is a really powerfull ring for low life builds, not needing to get that chaos on other gear is really build enabling imo. Else you need some pretty solid gear to pull it off, ming's reduces the cost of low-life builds by a shit-ton.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I'm not sure I would use Mings TBH... sure the Chaos Damage and Resists is a big boost, but the reduced Life and ES is big downside. You're already going LL, so you life pool will be small reducing it further makes you more squishy. Then the reduced 15% ES is pretty much 2 passive tree nodes. Like others have mentioned, might be better off with a nicely rolled rare ring or maybe a Deaths Rush (<=33% Chaos Res + armour + leech + onslaught).
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
Crap, I was always reading it as max Elemental Res! damn that mod that came before it. Hm. that's pretty great. A bit overextending, since max chaos already cuts a substantial amount of Chaos damage, but still.

double Ming's is actually five to six ES nodes worth. the reduced life is surpirisingly easy to negate in the upper side of the tree. at least for the builds I'm considering on.

by the way, is there any reason to go with a non - caster build with a no shavs LL setup? That was kinda the thing when considering Death Rush. that Leech mod...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info