0.9.3c Patch Notes

"
Malice wrote:
More simply, which is true for a level 10 character:
a) safe zone includes levels 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12
or
b) safe zone includes levels 9, 10, and 11
or
c) safe zone includes levels 8, 9, and 10 (only affects monsters lower level than you, no penalty fighting higher-level monsters)
c, the currency drop penalty only applies if you're above the monster's level.
Thanks Mark
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
But I also feel that Rare items are far too common. They don't feel rare, and they're common enough that I don't feel any urge to use Magic items.

I like feedback like this - does anyone else agree/disagree? I'd prefer to experiment with a marginally lower drop rate of magic/rare items (given the huge boosts to boss drop spam recently).

To elaborate: the problem I have with the Rare items is that I have seen enough of them drop that they seem less "Rare" and more "blue item with bonus mods". This is such to a degree that blue items always feel like a downgrade because I'm swimming in Rare items and literally ignoring most of the Magic ones.

The only rare thing about the Rare items is getting the mods that you want. I freely admit that I'm probably not going to use a lot of the yellow items in my stash because they're not amazing. But I don't think it matches the design intent for me to be picking and choosing from a large selection of Rare items; rather, a Rare item should drop, and I should know that not everybody has twelve of these already.

When I kill a common mob and he drops a rare item, I used to feel (0.9.2) "holy crap a rare, I'm level 20 and I only have a few of these". Now (0.9.3) I go out into a zone, clear half of it, and I have to portal back to the stash because my inventory is full of Rare items. This actually happened. A Rare mob shouldn't drop more than one Rare item unless there are at least 3 people in a group.
IRON MAN
I feel the drop rates are pretty fair, if i kill a blue or yellow monster i expect something other than a common item.

To actually get an epicly awesome item you need the right mods and the right sockets and links, which i feel is still pretty uncommon, haven't seen any uniques yet either so i think its good.
I have to say that I enjoyed the drop rates of wisdom scrolls on the initial patch. I saw actual trading of wisdom scrolls for items, which until now I've never seen before. This was totally cool and I think working as intended.

Furthermore I don't feel you should have enough to identify every item you find - whats the point in having them then? Just put in a vendor that does the identifying for free. I suggest reverting the rate back.
Wisdomscrolls was about right imo (before 9.3c). I had just enough scrolls to identify the drops, actually had to chose what to ID sometimes and that i think is fun.

About drop rates i would say blue drops far to much. Yellow items drop a bit to much. This all results in that i barley check the blue items cause i have (or soon will) all yellow or just swap yellow for yellow.

I think it should be that you generally swap white for blue or blue for blue. To actually get an yellow and swap out a blue should be a bit more of a "wow" factor and feel that it stat wise boost you're character that little "extra" (they already do a bit but could be better imo).

Back to wisdomscrolls drop rate. If you lower item drop rates then drop rate of wisdom scrolls is for sure enough at the moment, it might even need to be lowered a bit then.

Increased wisdom scrolls drop rate was certainly needed. This doesn't mean that you'll drown in these, relax. TP scrolls were IMHO all right before 0.9.3b and I wouldn't mind reducing their drop rate to previous value.

I think it all depends on the play style. Whether you like going to town frequently (or are forced to - empty flasks) or not. Whether you like to collect loot for your other chars or for trade even if you don't need the item. I started to leave rares behind when I don't need them since I've still got 2 pages of stash full of items to identify.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
Hi, when I try to download the Version 0.9.3c patch my download freezes at 8.53% and then nothing happens.Did any of you encountered this?!
I'm in so F! you timer!
about rare drops:

you can see lot of rare drops ,but the good ones that are usable and better than most of the blue ones are very rare... u could make rares more rare if u upped the mods rare can have and make it be dropped less.

so rare drops could be 1/10 of that is now ,but the chance on their mods being awesome could be much higher.

just a thought..
"
Chris wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:
But I also feel that Rare items are far too common. They don't feel rare, and they're common enough that I don't feel any urge to use Magic items.

I like feedback like this - does anyone else agree/disagree? I'd prefer to experiment with a marginally lower drop rate of magic/rare items (given the huge boosts to boss drop spam recently).

I have seen plenty in chat, but having 2 characters reach level 10 and one around 15 I have not seen one. I even tried using a 5 level 1-2 characters and killing hillcock (not passing through his gate). So I killed hillcock maybe 15 times nothing. I am almost done with Act1 on one character and I have yet to see a yellow.

I think i have approx 20-30% increased item quality

EDIT: I finally got a yellow. On another character at level 8 I killed Rock Spitter? on the ledge and he dropped two yellows!
Last edited by Bohbo on Nov 15, 2011, 10:07:00 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info