Sony servers are restarting now. They should be back up in approximately .
Sony servers are undergoing maintenance. Some features will be unavailable.

[1.3]KuteKitteh's Firestorm Warlord - Insanely durable and affordable, Atziri viable on a 4L

hi , i really like your build cuz its soo tanky !

got a question tho ... can i use fireball ? .. at least for leveling right now it looks more viable than firestorm .. could skip the duration nodes till i get to late or so ? just asking :D
"
I have a couple questions-- why do you skip all the AoE nodes, especially when you're so close to them?

Also, why not take Diamond Skin over Sentinel?

I can answer this. On Firestorm, the random area the fireballs fall in causes them to miss if they are spread out, so you want to cut down the AoE as much as possible for more confined and reliable damage.

The diamond skin node isn't needed with good rares, but sentinel is a very nice armour boost.
KuteKitteh,
I really enjoyed this build for 1.3 and had LOTS of fun cluttering the screen and facetanking the melee bosses. My ability to theory craft is low, so I was wondering if you had plans to update this build for 2.0?
"
MTTaz76 wrote:
KuteKitteh,
I really enjoyed this build for 1.3 and had LOTS of fun cluttering the screen and facetanking the melee bosses. My ability to theory craft is low, so I was wondering if you had plans to update this build for 2.0?
Sadly, the primary component of the build (Immortal Call) was terribly nerfed. This build is no longer valid as it currently stands.
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
"
KuteKitteh wrote:
[...] Immortal Call was terribly nerfed. This build is no longer valid as it currently stands.

I'm currently trying out your stuff on Warbands, so far so good (just level 47), hopefully linking Leapslam to Fortify and leveling that Chaos Golem as much as possible helps with regular mitigating of damage and leave IC to save you when you need that time to portal out to safety. I'd sacrifice blood rage links in favor of the golem + inc life or resists and lgoh from vengeance and leapslam for fortify.

Molten Shell stays because it's too good, Tempest Shield also gets a nice buff for this build but I don't know where to link it or if I should keep using it later.

Passivetree-wise this build is pretty much exactly the same, Sentinel is now required to reach the far duration cluster, endurance charges are a bit closer(?), there's a new fire damage (+ 4% area radius, ugh) cluster right next to life + chaos resist cluster, I'd take aura cluster above too since reduced mana is dead, UStance keystone is a little further away if I recall correctly.

Still fun to play around with, solo'd a4n with a handful of careless deaths but no dps problems after correctly linking everything I had. That sweet new Maraketh scepter base with ele pen implicit will make things interesting.

I wish for you to try this build out again, I find it fun to play and I'd be grateful to see it receive some more love.
I am currently level 79 and mapping right now.

This build works so far with some tweeks.

My current gear and gem setup:
Spoiler

My passive tree so far

Next I'm gonna get the duration notes next to Shaper and the socket slots near Templar and Marauder start.

I don't know how viable this build will be in the end game but I think with the death of CWDT Enduring Cry and IC + buff of monster damage, GGG needs to do something. All we do is stack life nodes over life nodes, overcap res and use all gem slots for defense spells. This can't be right.
IGN: NautyJugg
Last edited by tayfun369 on Jul 17, 2015, 2:13:53 PM
"
tayfun369 wrote:
I am currently level 79 and mapping right now.

This build works so far with some tweeks.

My current gear and gem setup:
Spoiler

My passive tree so far

Next I'm gonna get the duration notes next to Shaper and the socket slots near Templar and Marauder start.

I don't know how viable this build will be in the end game but I think with the death of CWDT Enduring Cry and IC + buff of monster damage, GGG needs to do something. All we do is stack life nodes over life nodes, overcap res and use all gem slots for defense spells. This can't be right.

I actually managed to get enough resistances on gear so that my res are either near capped or slightly overcapped without any auras on. I'm only running Arctic Armour, but I actually use 2 Kaom's rings, got the extra endurance charge from Oak, and get 8 charges total. With 8 charges, the Increased Duration gem, and the duration nodes, you get a total of about 7 seconds of Immortal Call. Nothing like it was before, but still quite viable. I manually cast it of course and in most situations don't need it, but at least it's there.

gear

Spoiler

tree

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Jul 17, 2015, 5:46:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info